Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3601 - 3610 of 5715 | Page: 1 ...352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 ...572

Forum » Thread

Re: Food for Thought
Thank you Ken for bringing this back. It is lamentable that so much good information is so difficult to "mine". And commendable that you and others are still here to keep the good...

In GEAR » gravity filter
October 25, 8:29am

Re: Heineken/fosters pot guestion
An empty (american) Heineken "Keg", with the top in place, weights 35 grams. It is about 15cm tall and 8cm at the widest. A Fosters is similar. If your ~700ml beer cans are similar in si...

In Make Your Own Gear » Heineken/fosters pot guestion
October 25, 8:18am

Re: Sewing issues
Can you sew two pieces of regular fabric together? With the fleece, how far Do you get? Is the fleece so thick that the foot doesn't compress it enough for the needle to clear? More cl...

In Make Your Own Gear » Sewing issues
October 24, 4:39pm

Re: Aquamira Frontier Pro Question
On a Frontier Pro - Is there a way to attach typical hydration tubing to each end? Maybe this could follow a Sawyer Filter to provide activated carbon water clarification. Although rated for o...

In GEAR » gravity filter
October 24, 2:52pm

Re: gravity filter
No instructions on the freestanding SiltStopper bubble pack.... The assumption is the direction does Not make a difference? For instance the filter doesn't have a radial gradient? Regard...

In GEAR » gravity filter
October 24, 10:24am

Re: SiltStopper
Brad - You posted this shot earlier: I looked many places on how to connect the SiltStopper, and found only one reference, on REI, that states "Attach the SiltStopper such that the Red s...

In GEAR » gravity filter
October 24, 9:34am

Re: Knee Pain - Trail Runners
"...it may have something to do with all the time I'm spending on the bike...." Joe, A roller is about the only way you can reliably stretch the IT band. Some WalMarts sell the...

In GEAR » Knee Pain - Trail Runners
October 23, 9:00pm

Re: IT band
THIS is a very effective stretching technique. As noted: It ain't fun. But it is easy and it does work. YMMV Edit: It will take 2 to 3 weeks to get past the discomfort, but it Will ...

In GEAR » Knee Pain - Trail Runners
October 23, 9:37am

Re: BPL UL 240 quilt
Synthetic's strength is in wet weather performance. Two weeks of unrelenting 50° temps, high humidity, no sunshine and regular rain will start to degrade the performance of a down bag. Be...

In GEAR » Backpacking Light UL 240 Quilt Backpacking Light UL 240 Quilt
October 22, 10:15pm

Re: Andrew
It is not the Goretex or the eVent that is failing to perform. It is the not-so-DWR that is failing in this case.

In GEAR » Skurka's Gear List and Commentary
October 22, 12:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm