BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3601 - 3610 of 5132 | Page: 1 ...352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 ...514

Forum » Thread

Re: FS: National Park Pass, Good until end of August $20
Signed or Unsigned?

In Gear Swap » FS: National Park Pass, Good until end of August $20
March 31, 8:40pm

Re: RE: Tarp Users - Survey Response Requested
Use a friends machine, or go to the library. Ostensibly prevents someone from "weighting" the survey.

In GEAR » Tarp Users - Survey Response Requested
March 31, 7:51pm

Re: Preparing silicone for seam sealing
Ken, Here is a Spinn seam, with bivy loop stitching at the center. My silicone was about the same consistency as Franco's. I applied it with a syringe. When I flip the tarp over, I can see th...

In Make Your Own Gear » Preparing silicone for seam sealing
March 31, 6:29pm

Re: MLD Tarps
James, Do you work for Harris? ;-) Nice Survey. This should be interesting.

In GEAR » MLD Tarps
March 31, 2:03pm

Re: 24 hours
Josh, If it's on your list you must need it, and it's been cooking for at least 24 Hours, and what the hell....

In Gear Swap » Snow Peak Giga with piezo
March 31, 1:57pm

Re: Cuben Gear
David, Fabrication issues are a different animal. My curiosity lies with the frequency of "user damage".

In GEAR » MLD Tarps
March 31, 1:51pm

Re: no longer red hot
Sounds like you were dangerously close to a catastrophe. Glad your luck held and you took a look. Maybe drop a line to the manufacturer and include the photo.

In GEAR » Primus express spider
March 31, 1:48pm

Re: MLD Tarps
James, I wouldn't obsess to much. I've read comments about the durability of packs made of the heavier Cuben and so believe that the "mid-weight" stuff - like a DuoMid - will st...

In GEAR » MLD Tarps
March 31, 1:34pm

Re: Cuben Tarps
"Secondly, there are acknowledged "health care" issues with cuben - cuben is prone to punctures versus tearing so, for example, you need to be extra careful with how you stuff your c...

In GEAR » MLD Tarps
March 31, 12:38pm

Re: OH WOW!! REI Dividends!!!
Douglas, Or you could call REI...

In Gear Deals » REI's dividends are online
March 30, 4:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm