BPL Community Profile

Adam Kilpatrick (oysters) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South Australia
About Me Into Bushwalking in remote areas in Australia. Have completed alot of walks in Southern Australia, especially in the Flinders Ranges, but also some decent trips in Victoria, Tasmania, and Central Australia.

I also spend a lot of time in the field for work (arid areas) and am an avid Scouter!

Oh yeah, and I'm into cycling and photography too.
CityAdelaide
StateSouth Australia
CountryAustralia
My Website URLhttp://worldtrike.crazyguyonabike.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Adam Kilpatrick

Showing 361 - 370 of 594 | Page: 1 ...28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ...60

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: My thoughts from the weekend
Thanks for the reply :-) 1) I'd love to do this too, and it would be part of the plan to be able to get interested Scout Troops (10.5-14years old in Aus) and Venturer Units (14-18) to build ...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Recommend Big 3 as "loaners" for Scouts
June 17, 9:57pm

My thoughts from the weekend
I admit to being a bit lazy as a Scouter in South Australia in the last year or so. Apart from running a 4 day bushwalking comp over Easter for Venturers (14-18 year old Scouts in Aus), I've on...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Recommend Big 3 as "loaners" for Scouts
June 15, 10:21pm

PHD Customer service
I haven't bought anything from PHD yet, however I enquired about two years ago about their Minum Ultra bags. I was wondering about the girth, and whether it would work with a light down jacket ...

In GEAR » PHD problems
March 15, 10:26pm

mismatched fabrics
Of course, bugger. Cheers Roger!

In Editor's Roundtable » Adventures in Laminating Silicone-Impregnated Fabrics
March 09, 10:36pm

Laminating different fabrics together
Eg silnylon/spinnaker Or more extreme, cordura nylon with silnylon or spinnaker. Is it possible? I'm thinking about using this idea to adhere some UL reinforcement patches on wear area...

In Editor's Roundtable » Adventures in Laminating Silicone-Impregnated Fabrics
March 09, 8:38pm

XP2 review
Good job Rick. Flashy mode: there are other uses for it. When cycle commuting or touring at night, I wear a headtorch in flash mode. Its great for directing flashes exactly where you want them t...

In Editor's Roundtable » Petzl Tikka XP2 and Tikka Plus2 LED Headlamp Reviews
February 03, 2:56am

Trailstar comments
I've commented on previous threads on my experience with trailstar, but I agree with most of the guys that have used it on here; its pretty bomber. I haven't used it in snow, but have used ...

In GEAR » MLD TrailStar thread.
January 18, 7:24pm

Mountain Hardwear Phantom 32 vs 45
Great review Will I've been interested in getting either Phantom 32s or Phantom 45s. I'm wondering if anyone knows how the design details differ on the 45? In the pic on the Australia...

In Editor's Roundtable » Mountain Hardwear Phantom 32 Sleeping Bag Review
November 12, 10:09pm

Trailstair report
I've used the trailstar for about ten nights in total now, most of them pretty rough, with high winds and rain. It sheds both no worries. Can be a pain in the neck to pitch by yourself when its...

In GEAR » New MLD 'X' Shelter
August 26, 6:31pm

Re: Re: True
"People may complain about the condensation, but if it isn't getting you or your gear wet, what does it matter?" Totally, totally, totally agree!!!!!

In GEAR » New Tarptent ;this is the Moment !!!
August 05, 11:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Adam Kilpatrick

Adam Kilpatrick has posted no reviews.