BPL Community Profile

Adam Kilpatrick (oysters) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South Australia
About Me Into Bushwalking in remote areas in Australia. Have completed alot of walks in Southern Australia, especially in the Flinders Ranges, but also some decent trips in Victoria, Tasmania, and Central Australia.

I also spend a lot of time in the field for work (arid areas) and am an avid Scouter!

Oh yeah, and I'm into cycling and photography too.
CityAdelaide
StateSouth Australia
CountryAustralia
My Website URLhttp://worldtrike.crazyguyonabike.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Adam Kilpatrick

Showing 361 - 370 of 529 | Page: 1 ...28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ...53

Forum » Thread

Gear shop workers
I used to be one aswell until 6months ago. I used to cop a bit of stick from fellow employers for thinking alot about the weights of gear. Most of them (its worse in Aus, and its complicated ove...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why people gotta hate on the UL crowd?
March 02, 3:46am

yep-custom mades
i agree totally...see a pediatrist! mine were custom made, and i had two pairs made for me and wore them over a five year period as my feet grew. before i had them i had severe heel pain after ...

In GEAR » Insoles for an overpronator?
March 02, 3:27am

orthotics
some are better than others...see a pediatrist...its one of their specialties. i had orthotics as a teenager as i had very low arches and severely overpronate. they worked the treat for fixing a...

In GEAR » Insoles for an overpronator?
March 01, 11:57pm

Re: "ranger beads"
i've never had to really pace count in general off-track bushwalking-navigation by feature usually works fine, and estimating distance using general awareness/speed travelled/time, etc. ever...

In Philosophy & Technique » Ranger Beads
February 29, 11:48pm

Re: Re: Re: Impact...
"All the world was before me and every day was a holiday, so it did not seem important to which one of the world's wildernesses I first should wander." George...maybe that is the ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Skurka looking for expedition ideas
January 31, 6:09pm

Re: Translation
Yep, I definitely think there is a translation issue here. Another point though, of course, is that while things in the "goodwill store" may be alot cheaper than they are worth, this o...

In Chaff » Ethics and op shops / thrift shops
January 27, 5:45pm

Re: "request for Ron Bell..."
1...An XP/Momentum pullover jacket, with hood, designed to mate with (and connect to) a "3/4" length (would be more like half length) XP/Momentum Quilt. Both available of course with 2.5o...

In GEAR » Request for Ron Bell...
January 27, 5:01pm

Re: Re: Re: will Ray-Way tarp work well in Tasmania?
Haha I also just realised that ray-way tarps don't really have that much of a tub floor (from the pics)...not a great idea unless you like swimming or you have a bivy to float in. Many avail...

In GEAR » will Ray-Way tarp work well in Tasmania?
January 25, 8:22pm

Re: will Ray-Way tarp work well in Tasmania?
Nathaniel, I haven't walked the south coast track, (apart from Scotts Peak Dam to Farmhouse Creek), but have walked the Western and Eastern Arthurs (in one trip-13 days), and also did an 8-d...

In GEAR » will Ray-Way tarp work well in Tasmania?
January 25, 8:08pm

Futuristic SUL Adventure racing/running packs
Bill, I seem to remember somewhere you made a cuben-pack which used a single layer of heavy-duty CF for the harness. Adventure racing/running packs out there really aren't all that light,...

In Multiple Use Gear » Back to the Future-oops-Super Ultra Light
January 24, 9:38pm

All Reader Reviews by Adam Kilpatrick

Adam Kilpatrick has posted no reviews.