Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Whynot (jdw01776) - BPL Guest

My Locale Southeast Texas
About Me Hiking and backpacking (on and off) since 1976, mainly in the northeastern United States.
CityHouston
StateTX
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Whynot

Showing 361 - 370 of 557 | Page: 1 ...28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ...56

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Your own power company
I believe you can order the boost charger as a kit. Google "Minty Boost" Google "Minty Boost Solar" for a modification that uses a Li ion polymer battery and a solar cell...

In Photography » Recharging Batteries
April 03, 10:38pm

Re: Re: Steri-Pen Adventurer vs Steri-Pen Adventurer Opti
I'm looking forward to getting my Opti in a few days. Nice to hear that the battery life has been improved...

In GEAR » Steri-Pen Adventurer vs Steri-Pen Adventurer Opti
March 30, 8:12pm

Re: Thanks!
@Konrad -- Wyoming Wear fleece socks make great sleep socks, and are slightly under 2 ounces for the pair...

In Gear Lists » 3 season Overnight/Weekend Gearlist
March 28, 5:36pm

Re: Long, rainy miles tomorrow
@Nate - If you are hiking on the AT, use the shelters to get out of the rain, put a warm layer (I use an ID PLQ jacket), and eat something. Possibly even make something hot to drink. Also, look at ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Long, rainy miles tomorrow
March 28, 4:57pm

Re: Crater Lake Snowshoe Video Essay
Great format for a trip report. I especially liked Darin's before and after equipment discussion...

In Editor's Roundtable » Crater Lake Snowshoe Video Essay
March 16, 7:36pm

Re: Re: Sierra cups
>>I saw one fellow walking his dog with a sierra cup tucked in his belt, with the open end of the cup against his hip and the hook of the handle under and over the top of his belt. Clever. ...

In GEAR » Sierra cups
March 14, 7:12pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Which heart rate monitor
Since my G-Shock is "water-resistant 200m", I did a little research on the term water-resistant. There are actually standards for the term water-resistant. ISO 2281 Horology – Water-...

In GEAR » Which heart rate monitor
March 14, 7:41am

Re: Re: Re: REI and Ultralight
Believe it or not, the local REI is offering a class on "Light and Fast Backpacking Basics". I signed up, but mainly to meet other UL backpackers in the area.

In Chaff » REI and Ultralight
March 10, 6:54pm

Re: Do it right the first time
Be sure to get the odorless or deodorized mineral spirits...

In GEAR » Seam Sealing a Tarptent
March 07, 10:58am

Re: Re: Rab acquires Integral Designs
>>re. the Trailspace article. Is it possible for M&A press release language to not contain "synergy"? I suspect there's a law requiring its inclusion. And don't forge...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Rab acquires Integral Designs
March 04, 6:59pm

All Reader Reviews by John Whynot

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

StickPic camera mount
A clever, well-engineered, and lightweight (0.35 ounces by my scale) gadget for mounting a camera on the tip of a trekking pole. Should work with any compact camera with a tripod socket. Works ver...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
June 16, 10:55am

BPL Thorofare Trekking Pants
I purchased these as a replacement for my overbuilt Montbell Stretch Windpants. The fabric of the Trekking pants is a microgrid ripstop nylon, with a slightly textured inner surface. Size medium...

In Clothing - Raingear
December 07, 8:31pm