Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Goodyear (dmgoody) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale mid-west
About Me David Goodyear has not added a biography yet.
StateMIchigan
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Goodyear

Showing 361 - 370 of 402 | Page: 1 ...22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

Forum » Thread

don't forget the newbie heavy guys
While there are quite a few experts on this site, don't forget the newbie - who is transitioning to the light side of backpacking. This site has been a gold mine for me in the past two years....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Continue with BPL Membership?
January 12, 8:16am

esbit questions
Alright - I took the plunge and just ordered a caldera cone and the new esbit stove from Trail Designs. Can the experienced esbit stovers give me some tips. What's up with thre residue ? D...

In GEAR » Solid fuel users
January 12, 7:57am

esbit stove modifications
Eric, Do you have any links for your modification of the wing stove? "1. BPL Ti wing "stove" W/ aluminum pipe flame concentrater " I am trying to lighten my kitchen and I ...

In GEAR » Solid fuel users
November 30, 7:26am

check this site
Search the BPL forums for reflectix. It comes in large rolls and many people here have leftovers. Joe has a cool pattern he sent me in PDF form for a Ziploc cozy. Check out his thread at : http...

In Make Your Own Gear » Best Cozy material?
August 20, 10:24pm

crocs
try using crocs or holey shoes or any knock off foam shoe. they are very light. Mine are 10 oz for the closed toe version. They have a heel strap and stay on better than flip flops. Dave

In GEAR » Camp shoes?
August 20, 9:06am

check this thread out
Nia, Check this thread out: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/xdpy/forum_thread/4446/index.html They make a BBQ grill out of light weight rods and tubes. You could ...

In GEAR » Spinning Rod
August 20, 8:07am

wow - where did this thread go
Darrel - It is great that you enjoy fly fishing, but putting down other forms of fishing doesn’t seem too neighborly. There are times when each type of fishing has its advantages. A well roun...

In GEAR » Spinning Rod
August 12, 8:59am

waders ?
Are waders truly necessary? I just bought a pair of hybrid wading/hiking sandals and I wear a pair of neoprene socks. ( sandals are made by "Bite", and the socks are made by - "Chota...

In Make Your Own Gear » Making waders???
July 16, 8:19am

check this out
Check out this thread. http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=7044 It made me re-think my survival gear. I now carry my first aid ...

In Gear Lists » Survival gear list
July 01, 7:23pm

smelly socks
I agree with Pete. I use two old electrical alligator clips tied to a small piece of line and hang wet socks on my pack while I'm hiking. A little Brommers/water in a small Ziploc - agitate and...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Foot odor -- just deal with it?
June 27, 8:56am

All Reader Reviews by David Goodyear

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

caldera cone w gram cracker esbit stove snow peak solo
Just returned from a 4 day bushwhacking trip. This setup achieved 2 near boils (small bubbles) per esbit tab. Morning and night temps in the mid 30's - water taken from cold creeks. I allotted 4 t...

In Stoves - Other
October 08, 7:52am

Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1
I bought this tent before becoming a member of this site. When I read the review of the SL-1, I was worried about its stability and durability. I am not a tarp camper so the seedhouse seemed to be the...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 12, 7:22am