Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Richard Fischel (RICKO) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Richard Fischel hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Richard Fischel has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Fischel

Showing 361 - 370 of 604 | Page: 1 ...28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ...61

Forum » Thread

need help with zipper nomenclature
i'd like to add 3/4 or 7/8 length waterproof zippers to the legs of my windpants. i'd like to have double sliders so that i can open the pants leg from the bottom or vent from the top. if ...

In Make Your Own Gear » need help with zipper nomenclature
February 27, 7:45pm

can't help with the hood,
But i am a big fan of nike's long sleeve dri fit tee shirt in white. It's loose fitting, provides sun protection, breaths well and wicks moisture. I just can't imagine wearing a hood in...

In GEAR » Looking for a summer shirt
February 25, 3:45pm

Re: Well ?
how about taking along some form of auger/drill and some type of expansion bolt like hilti makes. drill into the ice and set the bolts.

In Winter Hiking » self-standing 4 season tent?
February 24, 7:16am

golite utopia
Is the only tent i could think of that comes close to meeting your description.

In Winter Hiking » self-standing 4 season tent?
February 23, 6:52pm

Re: Shelterless on Rainier
Mike -What's the weight of the shangrila devided by 2 compared to your bivy gear. What's the time/energy factor of having to dig in worth. Why waiting until 8:00 to go to sleep. What's ...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Rainier: Tentless at Camp Muir or Sherman
February 23, 4:42am

take the shangri la
If you get stuck at muir for a day or two a bivy will suck. I've taken a bivy to muir to use as an option if there was no room in the bunkhouse. Luckily, i didn't need to use it. These days...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Rainier: Tentless at Camp Muir or Sherman
February 22, 7:36pm

Re: BD Guiding Light
The guiding light and lighthouse are two of my favorite tents so naturally, they would be the tents bd discontinues. Luckily i have a lighthouse in great shape and i always keep an eye out for a w...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Favorite Shelters
February 22, 6:51am

two or three things
a book which can be swapped, deck of cards and red and black poker chips for playing checkers.

In GEAR » Zero day gear....
February 21, 3:14pm

look for a parka instead of a jacket
Jackets (for the most part) are cut to the waist. Some belay jackets extend a little lower. Parkas extend down over your butt.

In GEAR » Long Down Jacket
February 20, 2:03pm

couple of options
If you are in nyc and spending top dollar and having it instantly available is important walk into paragon and try on the north face himalayan and the marmot 8000M. You might also find borh of thes...

In GEAR » Looking for warmest down parka available
February 15, 5:54am

All Reader Reviews by Richard Fischel

Richard Fischel has posted no reviews.