BPL Community Profile

Richard Fischel (RICKO) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Richard Fischel hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Richard Fischel has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Fischel

Showing 361 - 370 of 535 | Page: 1 ...28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ...54

Forum » Thread

for true winter conditions i'm very happy with
my ff hooded volant. the sizing is a little funky and mine is two sizes bigger than i would nomally wear. this gives me room to layer under and longer back length. it's not parka length, but i...

In GEAR » Versatile Down Parka for COLD weather...
November 21, 8:47pm

bibler/black diamond tent options
i like the idea of the bomb shelter because its name really implies what it is. that being said, i think the bibler/black diamond ahwahnee with one or two vestibules would make a great choice. wh...

In GEAR » Tent advice please!
November 16, 9:03am

*so I am sure that condensation will be an issue.*
why are you sure condensation will be an issue. i have the lighthouse, which is the big brother to the hilight. leaving the vent and door open a couple of inches i've never had an issue with ...

In Winter Hiking » Couple Winter Camping Questions
November 16, 8:23am

Re: Re: *A winter trip is not the best place to try out a new partner*
i can't take credit for it, i just copied it from John's post above. as for they guy i insulted, after i reminded him about his sniveling during our last trip he agreed that not inviting hi...

In Winter Hiking » How do you make winter backpacking more enjoyable?
November 15, 6:06pm

*A winter trip is not the best place to try out a new partner*
great point - i got pinned down for almost two full days by a sever winter storm that trapped me with a guy with whom i was just casual friends. His alpine/winter camping experience was limited. ...

November 15, 3:04pm

Re: Pee bottle
yes - pee bottle may be the most important thing to have along when winter camping. i go for the 32 0z soft-sided nalgene. i find it easier to use than a regular bottle and i wont mix it up with ...

November 15, 10:46am

not synthetic, but
+1 on the dachsteins. i have both boiled and regular pair and they rock for warmth. i wear a pair of pearl izumi fleece gloves under an or gtx mitt shell and they can take me sub-0*. i also have...

In GEAR » Synthetic insulated mittens.
November 11, 1:09pm

who was looking for an ID eVent bivy/overbag
here is one - http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1041377/Integral_Designs_Event_fabric_#Post1041377

In Gear Swap » who was looking for an ID eVent bivy/overbag
November 09, 8:04am

do you miss having real pockets on the cilogear pack
or just a place to park your water bottles. if it's for water bottles, i found two cheap chalk bags in the bargin bin at a camping store that fit a bottle perfectly and i could thread on one of...

In GEAR » Anyone in the Denver area own a Catalyst?
November 06, 5:12pm

Re: Alpini
robert - thanks for the info on the alpini. sounds like a large would be too small for me.

In GEAR » Nunatak Kobuk Jacket and its Ilk
November 06, 4:27am

All Reader Reviews by Richard Fischel

Richard Fischel has posted no reviews.