BPL Community Profile

Cesar Valdez (PrimeZombie) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Scandinavia
About Me Mexican-American expat living in Sweden. Check out my blog to know more about me, lots of trip reports, gear lists, pretty pictures, etc. :)
CountrySweden
My Website URLhttp://cesarandthewoods.blogspot.com/
My PDF Gear ListCesar's 3 Season 2014

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Cesar Valdez

Showing 361 - 370 of 453 | Page: 1 ...27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Forum » Thread

Bushcraft to the rescue
By a long margin, open fire cooking is my main method of not only getting food ready, but also water sterilization (if needed). Pretty much the only time I will rely on my back up cooking set up (...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Open fire cooking
August 14, 11:23am

what I use
I can relate to you about the NeoAir and it's price tag keeping it out of reach. I also camp year round, so I needed a few solutions for pads. What I ended up doing was first going with you...

In GEAR » Alternatives to Therm-a-Rest NeoAir
August 12, 2:46am

@Thom
Yeah, I am not ready for FSO yet. Maybe one day. But I can tell you that my clothing/shoes are not UL. I go off-trail a lot, as I mentioned, so I need hardcore footwear to deal with some pretty ...

In Gear Lists » Fall 2011 UL list
August 11, 3:09pm

Fall 2011 UL list
Half a year ago, I joined BPL and posted my very first gear list. I weighed over 10kg, and I got a lot of good feedback (along with being mocked a bit, but that was to be expected). I kept an op...

In Gear Lists » Fall 2011 UL list
August 11, 6:16am

So I am not the only crazy one
Nice work Mike, very cool. I hope I can test out BXUL this weekend, but not sure just yet if I will have the time. I will do it eventually and looking forward to it. I could "cheat" ...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » New sub-type of SUL: BXUL
August 08, 12:50pm

New sub-type of SUL: BXUL
To my knowledge the sub-type of SUL explained in this thread did not exist until now, and as such, I am its creator/founder. Thus, the guidelines you can either accept or reject, but I hope they w...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » New sub-type of SUL: BXUL
August 06, 4:01pm

more stupid questions
I never tried toothpaste dots and always just bring a mini-tube of toothpaste with me. How does one make them, exactly? Do you just let them dry out on their own, or do you put them in the oven...

In Philosophy & Technique » Tooth Paste Dots: which toothpaste
August 05, 3:07am

re: Dan's list and going commando
Dan, first of all nice list :) I would nix the deodorant, unless you are going with your significant other, in which case, it might be needed. I am lucky in that my wife does not care when I am a...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL Wt Goals
August 05, 2:44am

@Nicholas
Thanks for the kind words, and I wish you well on your SUL list and trip. I look forward to reading about it, let me know when you do the report. I am lucky about my neck of the woods and the a...

In Gear Lists » My first SUL overnight trip
August 05, 2:24am

@Ben
Nope. Just a garbage bag for a ground cover. I picked a really nice spot with lots of soft moss to sleep on, and I slept very well. There are pics of my shelter and me sleeping in it on my blog ...

In Gear Lists » My first SUL overnight trip
August 03, 2:02am

All Reader Reviews by Cesar Valdez

Cesar Valdez has posted no reviews.