BPL Community Profile

Cesar Valdez (PrimeZombie) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Scandinavia
About Me Mexican-American expat living in Sweden. Check out my blog to know more about me, lots of trip reports, gear lists, pretty pictures, etc. :)
CountrySweden
My Website URLhttp://cesarandthewoods.blogspot.com/
My PDF Gear ListCesar's 3 Season 2014

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Cesar Valdez

Showing 361 - 370 of 414 | Page: 1 ...23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Forum » Thread

back from overnight test
Got a chance to test out both of my shelters. A friend tested the garbage bag one away from the fire, and I tested my UL super shelter next to the fire. The clear plastic and space blanket worke...

In Make Your Own Gear » My DIY tarp: lighter, warmer, much cheaper than silnylon :)
April 10, 9:06am

another update
Okay, as I said in my last post I got my hands on some clear plastic, and last night made another tarp with it and modified my other tarp by adding two squares to use as doors on each side. With...

In Make Your Own Gear » My DIY tarp: lighter, warmer, much cheaper than silnylon :)
April 06, 12:11am

update
@ Daniel: The goal was/is to make a lager and better tarp for my shelter for camping as a broke full time student and father. I can't afford silnylon or any of those other fancy tarps. For...

April 04, 4:53am

re: everyone
Thanks for the feedback everyone! I am going to test it next weekend. I am going camping this weekend, but we are sleeping in an improvised shelter that is already built, so no need to bring an...

April 01, 3:02am

@ Mr. Smarty Pants
*deleted double-post* Sorry about that! Ignore this post.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Lightweight backpacking should go metric!
April 01, 2:46am

@ Mr. Smarty Pants
"And do you have any arguments for that?" No. Seeing as I was opperating under the impression that we would not be communicating in absolutes, but in subjective interpretation, I just...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Lightweight backpacking should go metric!
April 01, 2:46am

good thing I made popcorn
wow, a simple OP and BOOM goes the dynomite! Look, I think the bigger point I was trying to make as been missed. I was talking mainly about switching the lightweight backpacking standards. Sur...

March 31, 5:08pm

Re: Nice
Actually, I have survived out under tarps during pretty windy conditions. Including thunderstorms, rain, and snow. Being a hybrid bushcrafter/lightweight backpacker, I use my shelter skills with ...

March 31, 4:13pm

My DIY tarp: lighter, warmer, much cheaper than silnylon :)
I have been meaning to make this DIY tarp for a while now. When I was younger I made a few that were similar, but did it while camping, not before so I could take my time and make it extra nice. ...

March 31, 1:55pm

Lightweight backpacking should go metric!
I bet I am not the only one that has thought of this, but I think we ought to abandon the use of the dated and inconsistent imperial weight system. I suggest that: SUL = below 2.5kg UL = bel...

March 30, 3:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Cesar Valdez

Cesar Valdez has posted no reviews.