BPL Community Profile

Cesar Valdez (PrimeZombie) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Scandinavia
About Me Mexican-American expat living in Sweden. Check out my blog to know more about me, lots of trip reports, gear lists, pretty pictures, etc. :)
CountrySweden
My Website URLhttp://cesarandthewoods.blogspot.com/
My PDF Gear ListCesar's 3 Season 2014

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Cesar Valdez

Showing 361 - 370 of 444 | Page: 1 ...26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

Forum » Thread

@Ben
Nope. Just a garbage bag for a ground cover. I picked a really nice spot with lots of soft moss to sleep on, and I slept very well. There are pics of my shelter and me sleeping in it on my blog ...

In Gear Lists » My first SUL overnight trip
August 03, 2:02am

Stronger than you might think
@Justin: "How do you find the durability with that stuff?" I have slept in many versions of the hobo tent, from hardware store tough-plastic tarp, to garbage bags, to the clear plastic...

In GEAR » Best tarp under $50?
August 02, 12:06am

Pacific Outdoor Elite vs. Big Agnes Insulated Air Core
Two inflatable pads, very similar, only one is much lighter, which one would you choose? A friend of mine and I are trying to figure out which one is "better". The POD is about 200g lig...

In GEAR » Pacific Outdoor Elite vs. Big Agnes Insulated Air Core
August 01, 4:17pm

Finally got the trip report done!
Lots of pics, a few small changes to weight but still SUL, check it out: http://cesarandthewoods.blogspot.com/2011/07/first-official-super-ultralight.html Feedback welcomed :)

In Gear Lists » My first SUL overnight trip
July 31, 5:03am

Hobo logic FTW
Yet another thing I forgot to mention about the hobo tent is that around 450g is with two doors, rope, and the space blanket on the inside, and is 2m x 2.5m. A friend of mine came over yesterday...

July 31, 2:06am

How about under 5 bucks?
MYOG dude. The Deluxe Hobo Tent I made is great to use with a fire. Even without a fire it is wind and waterproof, and will reflect your own body heat. I wrote a detailed blog about it recentl...

July 30, 6:00am

Accidental SUL trip report: Spain in the summertime
Just posted the pics to go with a blog I wrote regarding the trip in question, which also argues in defense of combat boots as a worthwhile option for the more challenging terrain hikers such as my...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Accidental SUL trip report: Spain in the summertime
July 29, 5:41pm

Easier than I thought
Cool, first time doing a gear deal on here and so far, so good. Found one bivy and updated OP, still looking for two more. :)

In Gear Swap » WTB 3 bivy sacks
July 28, 2:05pm

PMs
Peter, thanks for the link (looks like all those bivies sold out, oh well) and info, didn't know BPL is closing up shop. Mike and Stephan, PMs received and replied to. :)

July 28, 11:59am

Bump
No one has any bivy sacks they want to get rid of, I guess. Does anyone know when are there going to be more bivies in the BPL store?

July 28, 3:06am

All Reader Reviews by Cesar Valdez

Cesar Valdez has posted no reviews.