BPL Community Profile

Hamish McHamish (El_Canyon) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale USA
About Me Hamish McHamish has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hamish McHamish

Showing 361 - 370 of 411 | Page: 1 ...23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Forum » Thread

helpful
I'm glad we have stephen billings around to keep you lightweight yahoos straight. See what avoiding moose hunting does? Makes ya soft. Next thing you know, you'll set up your own website...

In Gear Swap » WTB Dana Design Exterior Frame Pack
October 18, 5:32pm

Re: Escape AC 60
> ever try to find REALLY lightweight MOLLE pouches? These should be available at retail around the turn of the year: http://www.blueforcegear.com/content/heliumwhisper-flyer01.pdf

In GEAR » Granite Gear Blaze or Escape
October 18, 5:22pm

gear and skillz
Follow the advice from both Don and Bob. Get better with map & compass, AND get a small lightweight GPS. Combine these things, and you have great power. A surgeon is not a surgeon because he...

In GEAR » GPS recommendation
October 18, 5:13pm

Lamina bags
It's not a -20F bag, but this guy has great things to say about his MH Lamina 45 bag; maybe the design and insulation make for a winner in the colder models too: http://www.hikeabovethecloud...

In GEAR » Any good synthetic -20 bags out there?
October 17, 1:51pm

BearPaw
"Bearpaw Canopy Tent (in cuben, with moderate beaks)" I'm working with John at BearPaw now on tweaking a Canopy Tent to be a little more Ray-Way in design. With a removeable bat w...

In GEAR » beaked tarps: a reasonable solution for muliple environments?
October 12, 1:04pm

hand straps
"You are making a joint by using the strap as a strong, tireless ligament. If you grip tightly, your hands and wrists will needlessly work and stress." This is how I use trekking poles...

In Editor's Roundtable » Effectively Using Hiking Poles: The Gas-Brake-Coast Method
October 12, 11:22am

_
Tom said: "I have considered these shaped tarps from a variety of makers, but in the end I think I'd just buy another flat rectangular tarp in cuben fiber from one of these same makers....

In GEAR » MLD Trailstar. The most versatile shelter?
October 10, 12:00pm

nice buys
For a couple of years now I've been wearing the long inseam boxer briefs by Champion (not the same pair for all that time, of course...!). They sell for about $9 at Target. They are stretchy ...

In GEAR » Nice Backpacking Underwear From Wal-Mart
October 07, 2:17pm

Ray's book
I'm reading through Ray Jardine's tarp book now, having not read his stuff for about 10 years or so. He still rants against the gear companies but I must admit it is refreshing to see him ...

In GEAR » beaked tarps: a reasonable solution for muliple environments?
October 07, 9:50am

tarp size
John, I'm going through the same process as you with very similar parameters. Similarly, I have determined that an 8x10 is just about perfect: a palatial overnight retreat for the soloist and ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Tarp Size Rules of Thumb?
October 06, 1:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Hamish McHamish

Hamish McHamish has posted no reviews.