BPL Community Profile

Hamish McHamish (El_Canyon) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale USA
About Me Hamish McHamish has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hamish McHamish

Showing 361 - 370 of 404 | Page: 1 ...22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

Forum » Thread

nice buys
For a couple of years now I've been wearing the long inseam boxer briefs by Champion (not the same pair for all that time, of course...!). They sell for about $9 at Target. They are stretchy ...

In GEAR » Nice Backpacking Underwear From Wal-Mart
October 07, 2:17pm

Ray's book
I'm reading through Ray Jardine's tarp book now, having not read his stuff for about 10 years or so. He still rants against the gear companies but I must admit it is refreshing to see him ...

In GEAR » beaked tarps: a reasonable solution for muliple environments?
October 07, 9:50am

tarp size
John, I'm going through the same process as you with very similar parameters. Similarly, I have determined that an 8x10 is just about perfect: a palatial overnight retreat for the soloist and ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Tarp Size Rules of Thumb?
October 06, 1:10pm

_
Neat link Steve, thank you. I'm trying to avoid tape due to added weight (particularly that ultra duty duct tape) plus in cold weather I have seen all sorts of tape adhesive give up, espec...

In Make Your Own Gear » What glue will bond polyethylene?
October 05, 3:37pm

bivys
Great discussion. Digesting all this, one could get the notion that a bivy sack is kinda useless. In dry, cool conditions where it adds some heat, you'd be better off with a slightly he...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Unmanageable wetness this weekend
October 05, 2:06pm

_
Great idea Brad. I did some searching and found that the typical bags used with impulse sealers are polyethylene. Maybe I can find one to borrow and experiment.

October 04, 10:32am

heat sealing
Any ideas on how to go about heat sealing it? I notice that the AMK emergency bivy bag made of the same material has seams that are fused in some way.

October 04, 8:59am

Ray J.
>IMHO, Ray Jardine is an engineer at heart and by practice. Did you >know he holds patents on the cam climbing devices? And he had the >cajones to stand down the conventional wisdom of a g...

In Make Your Own Gear » Anyone else put off by the Ray-Way?
October 04, 8:46am

What glue will bond polyethylene?
I have a little MYOG idea that would involve gluing 2 pieces of an Adventure Medical Kits heat sheet (space blanket) together to form a larger size. These AMK space blankets are made from metalize...

October 04, 8:14am

_
>He is such a pro with such extensive experience, and the type person >who analyzes every single angle about effective lightweight trail >gear; I can't imagine a better example of a ha...

In GEAR » beaked tarps: a reasonable solution for muliple environments?
October 03, 12:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Hamish McHamish

Hamish McHamish has posted no reviews.