November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hamish McHamish (El_Canyon) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale USA
About Me Hamish McHamish has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hamish McHamish

Showing 361 - 370 of 433 | Page: 1 ...25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

Forum » Thread

Great pics Matt, thanks a ton! I'm in the market for my first high-end cuben shelter, so some questions: 1) Did you find the relatively closed-end design of the patrol shelter reducing vent...

In GEAR » Patrol Shelter guy line length?
November 02, 4:32pm

Perhaps the hood of a bivy would provide enough arm coverage beyond the quilt, at least to keep breezes at bay. Then the trick is to keep exhalation from loading up the bivy with condensate.

In GEAR » question for quilt users who are belly sleepers
November 02, 1:24pm

Ponchos suck, until you need to see your feet on complicated terrain and/or the wind picks up. Then they suck even more.

In GEAR » for cold and damp?
November 01, 8:42pm

I'm very interested in seeing people's comments on the MLD Exodus FS, as well as the ZPacks model. I recall a BPL article on packs by Will R. where he said having stays added to most of th...

In GEAR » ZPacks Exo and MLD Exodus FS
November 01, 10:46am

>pin up some bed sheets to the sizes you are considering to see about how they will feel That's a great idea. I will see if I can get some dimensions on some quilts.

October 31, 9:51am

question for quilt users who are belly sleepers
I hate sleeping on my back and I'm trying to transition from a mummy bag to a quilt. With no local sources of LW/UL quilts around, I am having a hard time making the choice with no "try i...

October 30, 7:22pm

I do a fair amount of night hiking, usually by choice (haha!). For me it's Zebralight all the way.

In GEAR » Best regulated output headlamp?
October 30, 7:08pm

Patagonia Houdini full zip jacket (4.5oz in XXL) plus Marmot Mica (8oz in XL) for me.

In GEAR » Windshirt + Rain Jacket or Single Shell?
October 30, 7:06pm

Dale said: "I have fussed over the water-carrying part for a pocket kit... What have you seen that works?" Here's my solution. It has done great in my testing and those at www....

In GEAR » Survival Equipment
October 29, 4:11pm

It's kinda nice to see this thread on a site where most won't carry a knife bigger than a razor blade. The kind of situation you describe is exactly what happened to this guy: http://www...

In GEAR » Survival Equipment
October 28, 2:40pm

All Reader Reviews by Hamish McHamish

Hamish McHamish has posted no reviews.