BPL Community Profile

Hamish McHamish (El_Canyon) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale USA
About Me Hamish McHamish has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hamish McHamish

Showing 361 - 370 of 403 | Page: 1 ...22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

Forum » Thread

Ray's book
I'm reading through Ray Jardine's tarp book now, having not read his stuff for about 10 years or so. He still rants against the gear companies but I must admit it is refreshing to see him ...

In GEAR » beaked tarps: a reasonable solution for muliple environments?
October 07, 9:50am

tarp size
John, I'm going through the same process as you with very similar parameters. Similarly, I have determined that an 8x10 is just about perfect: a palatial overnight retreat for the soloist and ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Tarp Size Rules of Thumb?
October 06, 1:10pm

_
Neat link Steve, thank you. I'm trying to avoid tape due to added weight (particularly that ultra duty duct tape) plus in cold weather I have seen all sorts of tape adhesive give up, espec...

In Make Your Own Gear » What glue will bond polyethylene?
October 05, 3:37pm

bivys
Great discussion. Digesting all this, one could get the notion that a bivy sack is kinda useless. In dry, cool conditions where it adds some heat, you'd be better off with a slightly he...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Unmanageable wetness this weekend
October 05, 2:06pm

_
Great idea Brad. I did some searching and found that the typical bags used with impulse sealers are polyethylene. Maybe I can find one to borrow and experiment.

October 04, 10:32am

heat sealing
Any ideas on how to go about heat sealing it? I notice that the AMK emergency bivy bag made of the same material has seams that are fused in some way.

October 04, 8:59am

Ray J.
>IMHO, Ray Jardine is an engineer at heart and by practice. Did you >know he holds patents on the cam climbing devices? And he had the >cajones to stand down the conventional wisdom of a g...

In Make Your Own Gear » Anyone else put off by the Ray-Way?
October 04, 8:46am

What glue will bond polyethylene?
I have a little MYOG idea that would involve gluing 2 pieces of an Adventure Medical Kits heat sheet (space blanket) together to form a larger size. These AMK space blankets are made from metalize...

October 04, 8:14am

_
>He is such a pro with such extensive experience, and the type person >who analyzes every single angle about effective lightweight trail >gear; I can't imagine a better example of a ha...

October 03, 12:57pm

_
Super info Jesse, its so useful to hear from someone camping in the same type of environment. Can you give some details or pointers on the setups that have worked so well for you? What size MLD t...

October 02, 11:11am

All Reader Reviews by Hamish McHamish

Hamish McHamish has posted no reviews.