BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3591 - 3600 of 4601 | Page: 1 ...351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 ...461

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Cuben tarps - roll or stuff?
Carefully folding, and squeegeeing out the air will result in a much smaller package. Nonetheless the stuff sack should be big enough to accommodate a wet tarp stuffed in a hurry.

In GEAR » Cuben tarps - roll or stuff?
September 27, 5:20pm

Re: Avalanche
And if you are wearing an AvaLung, get it in place before you launch. And for solo hikers, make sure you can reach that PLB, no matter what happens.

In Winter Hiking » Avalanche
September 27, 5:15pm

Re: finally
So the assumption is that the aluminum will always be on rocks and thus protected from the heat of the fire?

In Make Your Own Gear » 1 oz. grill
September 27, 3:45pm

Re: Water
Dan, I assume by "chlorine pills" you mean "chlorine dioxide". If not, it's something you should look into. There isn't any free chlorine, it's the oxygen componen...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » West Coast Trail Gear Questions
September 24, 7:54pm

Re: Re: Double Sleeping System for the snugglers
Slightly off topic, but relevant - @Ross - "..it could use a draft tube down the middle..." We have a 18"x18" downfilled flap that we velcro along the top edge of the space ...

In GEAR » Double Sleeping System for the snugglers.
September 24, 7:46pm

Re: Little pad no sack!
Alexander, I called Customer Service and told them I didn't get the stuff sack "that is shown on the box". It was suggested to me that customers like the option of purchasing a stuf...

In GEAR » Neo Air Small
September 24, 5:38pm

Re: Aqua Mira vs Insect Repellant
"I added some red electrical tape..." As long as you don't use a red LED as your light you should be OK.

In GEAR » Aqua Mira
September 24, 3:15pm

Re: Aqua Mira
From fading memory of a thread here the AM rep said it has a 90 minute half life. From that same thread users noted that they were getting by with a mix well past 4 hours. Luck and water qual...

In GEAR » Aqua Mira
September 24, 8:26am

MicroPur Tablets - Best Source?
In need to replenish my Katadyn MicroPur Tablets stock. I've found 30 tablets for $8.95 at VitaCost. Anyone know of a better price? Thanks.

In GEAR » MicroPur Tablets - Best Source?
September 23, 9:34pm

Re: penny stove
"I'm beginning to think these alcohol stove aren't really meant to cook with..." Perhaps not, but there Are alcohol stove which do very well. PackaFeather and the Caldera Cones...

In Make Your Own Gear » Penny Alcohol Stove
September 23, 3:02pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm