BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3581 - 3590 of 3690 | Page: 1 ...350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369

Forum » Thread

Re: evazote (GG NightLight) and water absorption
The nightlights and the mt washington are both made of closed cell foam, both evazote. The cut surface of closed cell foam may expose the top layer of cells which can hold water, not absorb it.

In GEAR » evazote (GG NightLight) and water absorption
December 26, 4:42pm

Re: Lightest Socks
www.campmor.com Wyoming Wear Fleece Feet Trail Sport 200 Socks Item Number: 14900 $6.99

In GEAR » Lightest Socks
December 25, 6:48am

Re: Re: Re: Sleeping Bags???
Is the thermal sheet hoodless?

In GEAR » Sleeping Bags???
December 23, 2:15pm

Gearlist update
Here is an update of my gearlist, not for the contest. It should work in neooffice or windows excel. http://hometown.aol.com/rhd101/Gearlistv51.xls Enter text in upper left Save document fr...

In Gear Lists » Gearlist update
December 23, 2:09pm

Re: looking for gear list which build list based on expected conditions
It could be Vick Hines and Joshua Mitchell entry.

In Gear Lists » BPL Gear List Spreadsheet CONTEST
December 23, 2:04pm

Re: Titanium Goat Bivy
Specifications: Size: 80" long, 60" chest girth, 38" foot girth. Man that seems small. Even the equinox bivi has about 70" chest and 97" length.

In GEAR » Titanium Goat Bivy
December 23, 9:47am

Re: Alcohol in Winter
Interesting. I have not tried it. I say go ahead and try it, but be in a group when you do so you (and they) can monitor the effects.

In Winter Hiking » Alcohol in Winter
December 19, 7:05am

Re: Saving Ryan's privates--a gear story
I made a .pdf file of the gearlist. http://hometown.aol.com/rhd101/BPL_SUL_Winter_Challenge.pdf

In Gear Lists » Ryan Jordan's SUL Winter Challenge
December 18, 2:40pm

Re: Condensation problems in Vapr Bivy. Suggestions?
Do you think the reason is because the silnylon "bathtub" floor comes up a little too high on the sides? Individual perspiration must be considered but that might be ruled out if it happens to enou...

In GEAR » Condensation problems in Vapr Bivy. Suggestions?
December 17, 8:06pm

Re: Input on John Shannon's entry
Kevin, I added in the subtotals for ounces/grams in an updated spreadsheet that is a bit better than my contest submission. Is that what units you wanted for it? As for the lbs-oz thing, that would...

In Gear Lists » 2005 Backpacking Light Trip Planning Spreadsheet Contest Entries
December 17, 6:25pm

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm