November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3581 - 3590 of 6146 | Page: 1 ...350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 ...615

Forum » Thread

Re: Your Heuristic Hierarchy
Most important? The presence of mind to use all of the above. All to often, when under pressure, we forget/ignore/dismiss what we know. "We knew better, but...." didn't hap...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Your Heuristic Hierarchy
February 22, 7:53am

Re: "A Perfect Sunday Run"
"Does a run outside on the trail always beat a run inside..." When I wimp out and opt for the inside, I always congratulate myself on how smart I am. Anytime I opt for the outside u...

In Other Activities » A Perfect Sunday Run
February 21, 6:27pm

Extreme Instability
Not backpacking, but inspiring just the same. His basic premise is that you have to be out there, with your finger on the button. Equipment is nice, but immersion is essential. Extreme Instab...

In Photography » Extreme Instability
February 21, 6:18pm

Re: Poof!

In Make Your Own Gear » 4.9oz m50 down jacket
February 21, 5:04pm

Re: lightweight traction aid?
Buy another pair of shoes and install "trail studs" on them. Google is your friend.

In GEAR » lightweight traction aid?
February 21, 9:06am

Re: Re: Bear cannister failures?
"Either that or the humans are getting lazier." +1 ...but, lazy from the very beginning. We would have no "smart bears" if they were never "trained".

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ursack Lawsuit Moves Ahead
February 21, 8:28am

Re: How does Heart Rate relate to Calories?
An interesting aside to this, is how heart rate relates to calories. Using the above formula provided by Richard, I arrived at the following table, specific to me - where HR is heart rate, ...

In Philosophy & Technique » How does Heart Rate relate to METs?
February 20, 8:33pm

Re: Coast to coast
A proper diagnosis from an experienced knowledgeable sports medicine professional (very hard to find IMHO) would be a great place to start. But... +1 piriformis impacting the sciatic nerve ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Effect of long-term long-distance hiking on health
February 20, 12:18pm

Re: Re: How does Heart Rate relate to METs?
Ahhh. I do love science. That is what I wanted. Now on my daily hump of Heinous Hill I'll be able to determine METs. Now when I take 3 hours to reach Cubic Pass, I'll know what it c...

February 20, 7:30am

How does Heart Rate relate to METs?
Don't know much, but trying to learn the lingo, and what it implies… Metabolic Equivalent Tasks (METs) expresses how an activity relates to our resting metabolic rate. So I see things li...

February 19, 8:28pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm