Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3581 - 3590 of 5483 | Page: 1 ...350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 ...549

Forum » Thread

Re:Measuring Volume
The volume of a truncated cone is 0.2618*H*(D²+D*d+d²) A Garcia is 2 truncated cones back-to-back, so Vol = ~0.434*H*(D²+D*d+d²) Personally, I like the idea of filling it with somethin...

In GEAR » I have to buy Ber Canisters.... Crap
May 15, 7:12pm

Re: Micropur and 1.5 liter bottles?
Reduced treatment time.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Micropur and 1.5 liter bottles?
May 15, 5:54pm

Re:Measuring Volume
Ben, I've used "packing peanuts" to measure pack volume by filling the pack, and then dumping them into a box amenable to a LxWxD calculation. The same would work with a canister. ...

In GEAR » I have to buy Ber Canisters.... Crap
May 15, 5:40pm

Re: Re:Multiple use gear
Ben's Dolls [*note* this link contains somewhat offensive (yet very funny) material] - be careful what you ask for....

In Chaff » Air mat for river crossing?
May 14, 9:31pm

Re: Used to have it.
"...lame, should go back to the maintained pages..." Are you volunteering your time for the next couple of years? Maybe a couple of hours a weeks... It is a worthy cause.

In GEAR » Gear weights
May 14, 1:28pm

Re: Looking for a good 30 F ultralight bag
The SummerLite and the Hydrogen are significantly smaller bags in terms of girth. As a side sleeper, you may do better in one of the other two. YMMV. Quality-wise and warmth, you can't go wr...

In GEAR » Looking for a good 30 F ultralight bag
May 14, 8:14am

Re: Air mat for river crossing?
No, but I did share a campsite with a fellow who floated his gear and his Bike on the Green River to get across from the Doll House. The river is flat, not to fast, and warm. It is probably a ...

In Chaff » Air mat for river crossing?
May 14, 7:34am

Re: Re: Re: Peroneal Tendonitis
Nate, Yes I pronate, but what you see there is a foot "standing on a slope". When I am barefoot I'm pretty square. I like arnica at lot. I completely separated a clavicle, t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Training for a speed hike.
May 13, 3:04pm

Re: Video
Thanks! That is very helpful in understanding many aspect of this tent.

In GEAR » LightHeart tents
May 13, 2:48pm

Re: Backcountry Gear - NO Returns on 'Used' Gear
Nathaniel, "I do consider all of this testing to be abuse of shops personally." I agree. In the 6th post of this thread I state: "Their "issue" has probably been abuse...

In GEAR » Backcountry Gear - NO Returns on 'Used' Gear
May 13, 9:20am

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm