Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3581 - 3590 of 5981 | Page: 1 ...350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 ...599

Forum » Thread

Re: PIF Esbit Tabs
The 1/2 ounce tablets are gone. The two boxes of 4 gram tablets are still available.

In Gear Swap » PIF: Esbit Tabs
January 07, 12:52pm

PIF: Esbit Tabs
You know the drill: Help the next guy when you can... GONE: [2 boxes of 12 1/2oz (14g) tablets, each cube in it's own "foil & bubble".] GONE: [2 boxes of 20, 4-gram tablets...

In Gear Swap » PIF: Esbit Tabs
January 07, 12:40pm

Re: Topo maps
As mentioned above, I think the NG Topo software is Very useful for planning days and distances. I plot a route, add Waypoints for significant locations, and then create a route profile. Th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » NatGeo Topo
January 07, 12:06pm

Re: NatGeo Topo
The State Series shows all trails known at the time the Quad was "built". Newer trails, or trails re-routed since the Quad update are not updated. Generally, I have not had problems d...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » NatGeo Topo
January 07, 11:19am

Re: confused
"...using less of it than aluminum for comparable strength at less weight." Using less means thinner. Thinner area in contact with cord, essentially means sharper, which means "a...

In Gear Deals » Titanium Tent Stakes
January 07, 10:42am

Re: Petzl e+lite
My first one had early switch failure. My replacement has been well abused for a couple of years and is doing fine. YMMV.

In Gear Lists » Gear List for an Ultra-midweight Hiker
January 06, 4:19pm

Re: tripod
>Is it not a problem that the legs are not adjustable? Somewhat, but you can get a fair amount of adjustability simply by moving legs in and out. Not as slick as "adjustable", but ...

In Photography » Sub-four oz. carbon fiber tripod
January 06, 10:23am

Re: tripod
Frank, The thing to keep in mind is how to attach the head. If both ends of the CF set are capped, you will have to figure out how to restring them. But, not a show stopper. Also, I'll ad...

In Photography » Sub-four oz. carbon fiber tripod
January 06, 8:51am

Re: LightHeart Tent ridge pole
Judy, Thanks for keeping us informed. It is good to know that a solution is at hand. You mention that the silnylon versions already have this in place. Is that in response to user comments or ...

In GEAR » Lightheart Gear has Gone Cuben
January 05, 8:33pm

Re: nm
nm

In Gear Swap » WTB: MLD Alpine bivy, large, left zip
January 05, 1:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm