Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3571 - 3580 of 5308 | Page: 1 ...349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 ...531

Forum » Thread

Re: Contoured Shoulder Straps - Source?
Found so far - Granite Gear: $54 REI: $30 Any other ideas our there?

In Make Your Own Gear » Contoured Shoulder Straps - Source?
April 30, 2:53pm

Contoured Shoulder Straps - Source?
I'm looking for Contoured Shoulder straps to retro-fit to an existing pack. I can't find them at Seattle, Quest, or Thru-Hiker. Any sources would be appreciated. Thanks

In Make Your Own Gear » Contoured Shoulder Straps - Source?
April 29, 9:30pm

Re: Adding stays to pack
I just hacked up a Mariposa Plus and was able to sew at the very bottom of the pack. I think the G4 is a little wider, so you may be OK, depending the arm on your machine.

In Make Your Own Gear » Installing stays in G-4 pack?
April 29, 8:22pm

Re: Re: "orange o-rings on GG LT4's"
Ben, I don't know how easily the OEM grips come off. For some reason, I thought they had to be Cut off. I think Lynn Tramper has done this. But, I do not Know. Afraid you're on your o...

In GEAR » orange o-rings on GG LT4's
April 29, 8:18pm

Re: Ursack Minor/Outsack UL
I use the Ursack Minor for critter control. When I used a RatSack I had to pack food into it, then unpack in the morning, and have place for the RatSack as well. I treat the Ursack Minor lik...

In GEAR » Anti-critter bag ideas??
April 29, 10:15am

Re: re: permits
David, I had a similar "are you crazy!" GC experience at the BC Office. They insisted on something like "...has been advised of the aggressive nature of this hike..." After...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The NPS, backcountry permits, and "excessively dangerous hikes"
April 29, 10:00am

Re: Trekking Pole Handle to Grommet - Nylon Bolt
Here's a Nylon ¼-20 in the expander. The total weight penalty, for both sides, 0.33 ounces. I can live with that.

In Make Your Own Gear » Trekking Pole Handle Connection to Grommet
April 29, 9:46am

Re: Don't Buy From RS Hughes
+1 on McMaster-Carr. Amazing amount of stuff. Real world shipping, and sometimes on smalls - No shipping! Pretty good search engine. Incredible folks on the phone.

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben Stuffsack - Bonded
April 26, 2:49pm

Re: GG Gorilla w/canister?
There are three threads running this line... Look Here for other perspectives. the Ohm, Gorilla, and Mariposa are all similar in size.

In GEAR » New pack and bear can
April 26, 1:53pm

Re: thx
If you are doing if from the Aspen side, be sure you have a handle of the shuttle schedule in and out of Maroon Lake. And from that side you can always make your early flight out on Monday, even...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Four Pass Loop or other? - Maroon Bells Colorado
April 26, 1:42pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm