Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3571 - 3580 of 6022 | Page: 1 ...349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 ...603

Forum » Thread

Re: event dry sac
Eric, I use one for my sleeping bag and down clothes. It rides in the bottom of my pack pretty well compressed and surrounded on three sides by the pack fabric. In cold weather the top of my sle...

In GEAR » event dry sac
January 15, 10:17am

Pre-Mixing Aquamira
"I would advocate using AQUA MIRA drops repackaged into very small bottles. I would NOT follow the recommended instructions, instead I would use MUCH less than recommended, and I would feel pe...

In GEAR » Pre-Mixing Aquamira
January 15, 8:28am

Re: POE Peak Elite AC
Under the "Info" tab - "Dark fabrics, like black, harmonize with the thermal frequencies of the radiant heat waves and return is then maximized." All together now--- UUMMM...

In GEAR » LW inflatible pad
January 14, 7:21pm

Moderating
Caution - strong, emotional, and perhaps irrational words follow... Rant ON: Mod #1: "While nothing was specifically libelous, we want our forums to be above reproach and as free from...

In Chaff » Moderating
January 14, 4:41pm

Re: Re:Liquid calories vs food calories?
"The glycemic index of maltodextrin is 100 on a scale of 0 to 100. Worse yet, it creates a bigger insulin response than dextrose." Strenuous exercise greatly attenuates the insulin res...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Liquid calories vs food calories?
January 13, 3:07pm

Re: Error of my ways...
"I mean how do you sweeten the maltodextrin, unless you are using engineered sweeteners?" After about your third serving of "flavored" MD you will very happy with "plain...

January 13, 2:13pm

Re: Re: What kinds of drinks are recommended then?
+1 on Greg G's post. Read it again. Slowly. "It seems that a lot of folks don't like Gatorade. But it is cheap and readily available for a thru-hike." Read the label. Y...

January 13, 11:55am

Re: Re: "Aluminization"
Hummm... If the bottom of a ribbed pad were aluminized, would it collect and transfer heat from the non-contact gaps to the contact points on the ground, thereby increasing heat loss? hummmm....

In GEAR » Thermarest RidgeRest SOLite
January 13, 9:37am

Re: Liquid calories vs food calories?
"Is there a difference in eating 1250 of whole grains vs 1250 calories in gatorade all day?" Some of the answer depends on your level of exertion. If you are near the max you can sust...

January 13, 9:26am

Re: Chaff Etiquette
"Chaff Etiquette" - Oxymoron

In Chaff » Chaff Etiquette
January 12, 4:42pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm