Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3571 - 3580 of 5220 | Page: 1 ...349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 ...522

Forum » Thread

Re: Data on water issues
"...that nearly all trail maintenance is done by horse outfitters..." If you could point to more information on this, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Data on water issues
April 18, 7:29pm

Re: Rice
ahhhh...white rice....I forgot. Thanks.

In GEAR » Cookware material question
April 18, 7:24pm

Re: Stainles Steel Pot - Thru Hiker
"...she put water, ordinary rice, dried vegetables and spices in the pot and stuck it in the coals. About 15 minutes and dinner was done." If she can cook "ordinary rice" in ...

In GEAR » Cookware material question
April 18, 6:49pm

Space Alien Invasion
Well, it Would take an infinitely large truck....

In Chaff » Space Alien Invasion.
April 18, 6:45pm

Death Valley NP
I love the panos. They really help define the vastness. Thanks. What were the temps?

In Photo Gallery » Death Valley NP
April 18, 6:42pm

Re: Thanks
+1 Rand. I love science. And I love it even more when it is rationally applied. Thanks for sorting out all the hype and fear-mongering.

In GEAR » Choosing between Caldera Keg F an H
April 18, 5:08pm

Re: Down the Kaibab
John, This was taken near the top of the South Kaibab Trail in Grand Canyon National Park. It is located east of the South Rim complex, about 1.5 miles east of the corner were Arizona 64 turns sh...

In Photography » Shots of the Week: Apr. 11 - 17
April 18, 5:01pm

Down the Kaibab

In Photography » Shots of the Week: Apr. 11 - 17
April 18, 4:27pm

Re: The sadness of a broken LT4
James, I don't know what your length requirements are for hiking or for shelter support but... If the lower portion is not split very far you might be able to salvage it by carefully cutti...

In GEAR » The sadness of a a broken LT4
April 18, 4:08pm

Re: Haven - 2nd Impressions
Six Moon Designs Haven – Field Shots The inaugural trip was 2 nights at Bright Angle Campground in the Grand Canyon. No wind, no rain, no need for a tent except for privacy and to keep the sq...

In GEAR » SMD Haven - First Impressions
April 18, 3:48pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm