BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3561 - 3570 of 3662 | Page: 1 ...348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367

Forum » Thread

Re: Condensation problems in Vapr Bivy. Suggestions?
Do you think the reason is because the silnylon "bathtub" floor comes up a little too high on the sides? Individual perspiration must be considered but that might be ruled out if it happens to enou...

In GEAR » Condensation problems in Vapr Bivy. Suggestions?
December 17, 8:06pm

Re: Input on John Shannon's entry
Kevin, I added in the subtotals for ounces/grams in an updated spreadsheet that is a bit better than my contest submission. Is that what units you wanted for it? As for the lbs-oz thing, that would...

In Gear Lists » 2005 Backpacking Light Trip Planning Spreadsheet Contest Entries
December 17, 6:25pm

Re: Tyvek breathability
Thanks Vick. I'll check those out.

In Make Your Own Gear » Tyvek as a tarp?
December 16, 7:58pm

Re: John Shannon's Spreadsheet
Adding a row: 1. Insert row- Place cursor (highlites the cell) in area you want to add a row. The row will be added above where you place the cursor. Then go to insert menu and select row. 2. ...

In Gear Lists » 2005 Backpacking Light Trip Planning Spreadsheet Contest Entries
December 16, 5:12am

Re: spreedsheet downloading blues
Thanks Kevin. --------- Kevin said, Thanks John and Kenneth. Got it. Nice SS, John.

December 15, 6:12pm

Re: Snow melting: liquid propane!!!
If the wind pro does work that way when the canister is upside down, aren't you going to get less use of a windpro canister once the liquid propane is used up?

In GEAR » MELTING SNOW: Fuel Efficiency and Boil Time Comparisons of Four Gas Backpacking Stoves in Winter Conditions
December 15, 7:52am

I see
I see what you mean. It does the same thing on mine if I click the file name. Try right clicking and saving or press the option key before clicking to force a download to the hard drive.

December 14, 2:29pm

Kevin
Kevin, are you using a mac? If so, try dragging the file onto the icon instead of double clicking the file. See if that works.

December 14, 2:01pm

?
Meir Gottleib and Ben Tomsky links seem wrong?

December 14, 7:17am

Re: Photon Light Clip Modification
http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/xdpy/forum_thread/1665/index.html The forum search engine is not easy to discover, but it's on the forums page separate from the Search B...

In GEAR » Photon Light Clip Modification
December 13, 8:23am

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm