BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3561 - 3570 of 3690 | Page: 1 ...348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 ...369

Forum » Thread

Geez
I say go cry somewheres else. Ryan and crew are doing an outstanding job. This post was even added to the forum heat listing in the newsletter. What company would do that? Impressive testicular...

In Chaff » Throwing In The Towel
March 22, 8:38am

Re: Re: Re: Crossing Snow Fields
What kind of nut driver did Brian use? I am having trouble getting the screws in and do not want to buy a drill. What tool should I get? I heard from Brian Robinson so got my answer.

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Crossing Snow Fields
March 10, 7:48am

Re: Re: snow anchors
Thanks for the replies. Yep, I'd probably damage the fabric anchors while trying to find them in the snow upon packing up. I'll check out the t anchors.

In Winter Hiking » Winter tent stakes
March 06, 2:19pm

Re: Gatewood Cape Review
Two things come to mind: 1. Pic of trekking pole setting into hood looks complicated and potentially unstable. 2. Last pic showing sloping of walls...the way silnylon sags in a rain worries about...

In GEAR » Gatewood Cape Review
March 06, 2:08pm

Re: Winter tent stakes-Titanium MYOG
I had forgotten about the snow/sand fabric anchors too. Some of those made of the newest lightweight fabrics would be very light.

March 04, 5:19am

Re: Re: Winter tent stakes
I would not go out in winter without stakes because rocks or sticks might not be available in six foot of snow : ). I am surprised there are no titanium snow stakes shaped like the smc stakes but m...

March 02, 6:00pm

Winter tent stakes
What do y'all use for winter tent stakes. The SMC snow stakes at 1 oz. apiece ain't lite dudes.

March 02, 5:42pm

Re: tube tent ground cloth
It's 2 or 3 mil plastic so should hold up fairly well.

In GEAR » tube tent ground cloth
February 04, 5:40pm

Re: conflict of interest: Manufacturing V reviewing
I would imagine Ryan and his crew are about the most honest out there. Heck, he even takes negative comments about his gear in stride and encourages feedback. Why worry yourself with these matte...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » conflict of interest: Manufacturing V review
January 20, 8:50am

Re: hmm...
The down sleeping bag may be just fine. It needs to be packed sideways on the bottom. I say leave the extra fleece crew and use the down jacket for insulation. Anything that can get wet can be on t...

In GEAR » Not a question of ounces, but of space
January 17, 7:16pm

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm