Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3561 - 3570 of 5744 | Page: 1 ...348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 ...575

Forum » Thread

Re: WTB- two person sleeping bag or quilt
This could be overkill.... depending on when you are going. Bag, Coupler, and Compression Bag.

In Gear Swap » WTB- two person sleeping bag or quilt
November 06, 2:40pm

Re: Packraft Day+ bow bag
Is the bag still a functional backpack? If not, that really limits a lot of what this is all about - hiking and paddling.

In Packrafting » Packraft Day+ bow bag
November 05, 12:27pm

Re: ^
Most likely. Do you want a sleeping bag in there too?

In GEAR » Will the new BPL Vapr Bivy fit a NeoAir
November 04, 7:16pm

Re: what to disconnect
Platy Quick Disconnect - $13 -- Ouch! Edit: Sawyer also has QDCs. They are smaller and simpler than the Platy. I sent off an email and will post the response.

In Make Your Own Gear » quick disconnects
November 04, 7:14pm

Re: FS: WM Megalite, WM Alpinlite
Yes. Both the Megalite and Alpinlite are Regular (6') and are up for sale.

In Gear Swap » FS: JD Quilt, WM Megalite, WM Alpinlite
November 04, 1:51pm

Re: ib 150 vs 140
Icebreaker 140 - Any fine garmet: Light, sheer, or durable - pick two. 140 is Very light. I'm getting holes in the legs simply from putting it on and taking it off. I bought it as a very...

In GEAR » Looking for a fitted merino T-shirt
November 03, 9:01pm

Re: State of the Market Report: Two-Person Double-Wall Tents (2010)
"...assuming, of course, that a net inner qualifies as the second wall!" The reviewer includes many tent bodies with "mostly mesh" walls. Why didn't he include "...

In Editor's Roundtable » State of the Market Report: Two-Person Double-Wall Tents (2010)
November 03, 11:51am

Re: Re: MontBell Tachyon Anorak and Dynamo Wind Pants Review
"Can you comment on the difference in breath ability, durability, and water resistance?" I can, but it is all relative to the individual and the environment. I find the Tachyon f...

In Editor's Roundtable » MontBell Tachyon Anorak and Dynamo Wind Pants Review
November 03, 11:12am

Re: Re: MontBell Tachyon Anorak and Dynamo Wind Pants Review
The Anorak is lighter than the Houdini, does not have a stand-up collar, and is not a full zip. I like the Anorak much better. Just as windtight, packs smaller, lighter, and IMHO better designed.

In Editor's Roundtable » MontBell Tachyon Anorak and Dynamo Wind Pants Review
November 03, 10:48am

Re: Re: State of the Market Report: Two-Person Double-Wall Tents (2010)
Ross, Per Raymond (posted above) the Specs Table is not linking. That (currently broken) Link "Download a full specifications chart of all the tents here." is found immediately...

In Editor's Roundtable » State of the Market Report: Two-Person Double-Wall Tents (2010)
November 03, 10:11am

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm