Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3561 - 3570 of 6068 | Page: 1 ...348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 ...607

Forum » Thread

Re: Tunnel Vision
Last year- Traffic Deaths - 50,000 Smoking Deaths - 85,000 Alcohol Deaths - 450,000 So where is the outrage? Oh, anyone know the body count for our current wars? And not just the US military.

In Chaff » whistler outdoor adventure company kills 100 doggies ...
January 31, 6:46pm

Re: Lightheart Duo?
There are pretty good photos on the LHG site. Poke around and you will find various galleries highlighting each. The Solo is essentially a double from my perspective. The body and fly meet at ...

In GEAR » Lightheart Duo?
January 31, 6:40pm

Re: Alternative to the Packa?
OR Gear's Pack Hoodie $60, 7.5 ounces

In GEAR » Alternative to the Packa?
January 31, 8:38am

Re: rum runner fuel flasks
"Heet seems to eat through them, but plain alcohol works well." HEET from a yellow or red bottle? "Plain alcohol" - as in SLX, or Sunnyside, or Everclear, or.... "...t...

In GEAR » containers for fuel alcohol
January 31, 7:53am

Re: and a small flask?
Small Flask - Holds 8 fluid ounces, weighs 1.23 ounces. About 6.25" tall x 1.5" wide. PM an address and I'll send one. Or direct to greg at smgm dot org.

In GEAR » containers for fuel alcohol
January 30, 4:27pm

Re: Re: storing and using powdered drink mixes
"The negative to this is that I've had a couple open up." After closing the ziploc bag, tape it shut, over and down both flaps. When it's time to mix bite/cut off a corner t...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » storing and using powdered drink mixes
January 30, 3:55pm

Re: shoe life
Jerry, If you are referring to 5# vasque boots, I agree. But trail runners are a lesser breed, but far lighter. And we all walk different, so who really knows. But... I destroyed a pair of ...

In GEAR » PCT shoes help
January 28, 10:22pm

Re: Re: Re: Training Simplified
"Read about how your brain tries to retain and regain body weight." George, Got any references? I'd love to learn more about setpoints and how to change them. Thanks.

In Philosophy & Technique » Training & Workout
January 28, 10:11pm

Re: Ignore only the suggestion immediately above
Especially ignore the post immediately above...

In GEAR » PCT shoes help
January 27, 9:14pm

JMT: Taboose Pass Resupply - Know a Resource?
I'm looking at Piute Pass to Whitney Portal, about 120 miles. Taboose Pass is right in the middle. So, I'd like to get a resupply at Taboose Pass, around July/August. (8 miles and 60...

In Philosophy & Technique » JMT: Taboose Pass Resupply - Know a Resource?
January 27, 9:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm