Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3551 - 3560 of 5566 | Page: 1 ...347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 ...557

Forum » Thread

Re: WTB: Winter Bag
I purchased this bag in the early 1980's, but don't remember any of the official details. It has seen little use and has been well taken care of. With the bag laid out flat and ...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Winter Bag
September 16, 4:54pm

Re: double crossing gearlist
Take the "extra" gear with you. Things change fast, and there is no penalty for leaving it in the car. Wishing you Had brought it, on the other hand... To your gear list I would ...

In Gear Lists » Grand Canyon Gearlist
September 15, 9:51pm

Re: Ryan's Review
You can find his comments Here. Among other things he says - "...I specified a Cuben Fiber rain fly, dual zip doors, and one side of the fly set up as a porch for cooking and views. Th...

In GEAR » Lightheart Gear has Gone Cuben
September 15, 7:13pm

Re: ...hiking 1,000 miles...
Brian Frankle's '08 Idaho Centennial Trail trip is Here.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » If you were hiking 1,000 miles in a summer...
September 15, 4:43pm

Re: Grand Canyon sub 36 hours
Craig, Calling the BCO can be frustrating, depending on the time of day and the number of people waiting at the desk. There are only 2 or 3 rangers to handle all of it. Just keep trying until ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Grand Canyon sub 36 hours
September 15, 9:12am

Re: Compression damage to down Sleeping Bags
Posted somewhere on this site was the first-hand report of a down bag stuffed tight and lost under the bed for 3 years... ... and after a bit of fluffing, lofted like new. YMMV Also, a g...

In GEAR » Compression damage to down Sleeping Bags
September 15, 8:05am

Re: Re: Re: Grand Canyon sub 36 hours
"A couple questions: Looking at the map, Grandview is about 8-10 miles from Yaki Point, the South Kaibab Trailhead. Can I drive to the trailhead from Grandview and leave the car at Yaki for o...

September 15, 7:53am

Re: Grand Canyon sub 36 hours
1. You don't need a permit to sleep on either rim, or to traverse the canyon. 3. Drive to the Grandview Point parking lot, go to one of the last parking spots on the way out and sleep there. ...

September 14, 10:02pm

Re: Sierra Designs LT Strike 2 Tent Review
Ah, yes. I see the HP Does have vents. The old style Hubba Hubba does not. I ask because on a recent trip with two Hubba Hubba tents, pitched within 50' of each other, one had serious co...

In Editor's Roundtable » Sierra Designs LT Strike 2 Tent Review
September 14, 7:06pm

Re: Sierra Designs LT Strike 2 Tent Review
Ray, Any observations why this tent would have condensation issues while the Hubba Hubba did not? Both button up pretty tight. It seems like they would perform similarly in similar conditions....

In Editor's Roundtable » Sierra Designs LT Strike 2 Tent Review
September 14, 3:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm