BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3551 - 3560 of 4590 | Page: 1 ...347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 ...459

Forum » Thread

Re: Bivy or Tent for JMT early/mid October
"Bivy or Tent for JMT early/mid October?" and "Need to decide between MH Gore-tex pac-lite bivy or MSR Hubba 1 HP tent." These two statements suggest that consideration...

In GEAR » Bivy or Tent for JMT early/mid October
October 05, 1:40pm

Re: Dextrose and maltodextrin use
"I have read in these forums a discussion about the short time window for glycogen production by the ingestion of carbs post excercise." For the most part this can be ignored. The sug...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Dextrose and maltodextrin use
October 05, 1:22pm

Re: Re: hmm
Considering that Cuben is designed for use in the Air, I consider it great for shelters, OK for packs, and beyond design parameters for the ground. With care I'm sure one could get by and sa...

In Make Your Own Gear » 1.5oz Cuben
October 05, 7:52am

Bivy Recommendation for a Stephenson DAM?
The forum activity on bivys at the moment leads me to ask if any one has a recommendation for a bivy that has enough volume to accept a Stephenson DAM. They are about 3" thick, but do taper in...

In GEAR » Bivy Recommendation for a Stephenson DAM?
October 04, 8:22pm

Re: Re: bivy or tent
Aaron - "The 'eye brow' setup that MLD shows..." Are you refering to the vent at the top of the mid or has something new come along? Thanks

In GEAR » Bivy or Tent for JMT early/mid October
October 04, 5:19pm

Re: Keeping hands dry in winter
Jim, Your gloves were soaked from the outside or from the inside? Just hiking along in the snow/rain, or shoveling snow caves? If the former, get better gloves. They are out there, or durabl...

In Winter Hiking » Keeping hands dry in winter
October 04, 8:03am

Re: OUTSAK says thanks
David, I'm assuming there is a typo in your Subject line and that you are the Outsak guy. If not, give us a few more clues. Also, I don't believe there is any problem referencing you...

In GEAR » Outak says thanks
October 03, 7:57pm

Re: See this website
When I go to Andy's site I get a blank screen and a Done in the status bar. Clicking on Re-Load gives the same result. I'm using Firefox 3.0.14 Any suggestions?

In GEAR » Duomid Guyline Setup
October 03, 7:19am

Re: Zipper pulls
Joe, I use different colors, or a longer pulls, on the lower slider so I know which way to go.

In Make Your Own Gear » Zipper pulls
October 02, 7:18pm

Re: Re: What it does
"It can be very difficult, even impossible to effectively clean a wound (wash away all dirt, dead tissue and bacteria) in the field..." Somewhere in the last year on BPL it was mention...

In GEAR » Purell instead of Triple Antibiotic Ointment?
October 02, 11:10am

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm