BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3551 - 3560 of 5162 | Page: 1 ...347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 ...517

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: RE Artic Tent/Stephenson
Mr.Hage and Ms Stowe seemed to avoid "packing their fears" in their adventures on Denali in 2007 and 2009. Denali 2007 Denali 2009

In GEAR » Arctic tent
April 07, 5:08pm

Re: Re: Re: Ti-Tri Caldera & Charcoal Disks
Thanks Donna. I think this is worth looking at with respect to "cooking" versus just boiling in a Ti-Tri. Who wudda thunk...

In GEAR » Ti-Tri Caldera
April 07, 4:55pm

Re: Ti-Tri Caldera & Charcoal Disks
I see that some charcoal suppliers provide "pre-scored logs". Presumably, with a little practice, you could break off a "15 minute simmer" or a "45 minute bake", to...

In GEAR » Ti-Tri Caldera
April 07, 3:32pm

Re: Re: RE Artic Tent/Stephenson
"Not enough poles to handle really bad weather." The poles are large diameter, pre-curved, and quite strong. The issue I have had, in serious long-term wind, is that the lack of a ...

In GEAR » Arctic tent
April 07, 3:27pm

Re: Re: Ti-Tri Caldera & Charcoal Disks
"Swift-Lite charcoal tablets burn evenly, light easily and do not explode." Implying that other brands DO explode? This could be interesting, very interrrresting.

In GEAR » Ti-Tri Caldera
April 07, 3:19pm

Re: Ti-Tri Caldera & Charcoal Disks
Donna, The charcoal disks are intriguing. Once they are "lit", is it possible to extinguish them, short of dunking them in water? This could be an good solution for backcountry &qu...

In GEAR » Ti-Tri Caldera
April 07, 3:07pm

Re: Footprints
Chris, I just took what is currently posted from each site. I have no idea if they are updated or not. Looking at the posted "product sheet", there Might me a 2" growth on width. B...

In GEAR » SMD Haven vs. TT DR
April 07, 2:04pm

Re: I don't understand DriDucks
Imagine a woven screen, with threads running perpendicular to each other. When these magic threads get wet they swell to the point that they close up all the gaps in between. You can see this s...

In GEAR » I don't understand DriDucks
April 07, 1:17pm

Re: SMD Haven vs. TT DR
David, They are out, and on the way to "early adapters". Now we just need some field situations, photos, and first hand comments.

In GEAR » SMD Haven vs. TT DR
April 07, 12:29pm

Re: Re: PMs
Ben, As you mentioned - copy and paste into Word. I capture both sides of the dialogue for each transaction. That has saved me from myself more than once. Then, when everybody is happy, I tra...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Personal message.
April 06, 11:18pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm