Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3551 - 3560 of 5234 | Page: 1 ...347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 ...524

Forum » Thread

Trekking Pole Handle Connection to Grommet
I have never liked placing my trekking pole handles in the dirt or mud to get the pointy end of the pole into a grommet on a tarp or a tent. I prefer to have them up to keep them clean and safe fr...

In Make Your Own Gear » Trekking Pole Handle Connection to Grommet
April 22, 4:36pm

Re: Gossamer Grips on standard trekking poles?
..."but the ID of the hole on the grips is quite a bit smaller than the OD of the poles." I'm guessing your grips are 6" long Most hardware stores sell "long bits"....

In Make Your Own Gear » Gossamer Grips on standard trekking poles?
April 22, 11:33am

Re: Shots of the Week April 18-24th
An Arizona Bark Scorpion in broad daylight. Good eye!

In Photography » Shots of the Week April 18-24th
April 22, 8:35am

Re: Re: Keeping two Neoairs together
"My hunch is still that the grey area faces down, to reflect the cold from the ground." You cannot "reflect" cold. You can only reflect radiation. In this case heat from a ...

In GEAR » Keeping two Neoairs together
April 22, 7:44am

Re: Re: Re: Bearikade 12.5"
Thanks. That is good to know. Now, how to remember....

In GEAR » Bearikade 12.5"
April 21, 8:57pm

Re: titanium maintenance
Stream of consciousness WAGs - Are the spots on the surface, or in a pit? Perhaps impurities that have reacted with food? They were always there, but you just noticed? Your dog chewed o...

In GEAR » titanium maintenance
April 21, 8:39pm

Re: Bearikade 12.5"
Scott, Do you mean 9" diameter by 12.5" height? And, as it does not appear on the Wild Ideas site, is it a phone only deal? Thanks

In GEAR » Bearikade 12.5"
April 21, 8:21pm

Re: slow leak in neoair
Nathan, Did you try to find the leak? I'm curious about failure modes. Thanks.

In GEAR » NeoAir Durability
April 21, 7:08pm

Re: free shipping???
I just went through the checkout procedure expecting to choose between $10 USPS and $20 FedEx, and low and behold - USPS Standard - Free! So, I did nothing special, Headsweats did!

In Gear Deals » $5 off Headsweats
April 21, 6:48pm

Re: how does it carry a Bearikade Weekender?
"less durable fabric that could wear at the edges of the Weekender." E J, When I packed a Weekender in my Ohm I nested into the sleeping gear at the bottom, then stuffed around it, th...

In GEAR » New GG Gorilla Pack
April 21, 2:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm