Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3551 - 3560 of 5843 | Page: 1 ...347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 ...585

Forum » Thread

Re: cowboy camp but mind the wind
"...it sounds like some sort of rodent proofing would be wise..." There are ammo cans at the main corridor campsites, so protection is provided. Elsewhere - depends on site usage, b...

In GEAR » Grand Canyon Gear Questions
November 25, 9:38am

Re: Frontier Pro Fitting Question
"But Greg, my Katadyn carbon filter, part # 8013450, weighs a full 85 gm. (3 oz.) dry. Did I get a heavy lemon, or what?" No... I got bad math. NOW it weighs 3.2 ounces and I'll...

In GEAR » Frontier Pro Fitting Question
November 25, 7:57am

Re: myth that lightweight is more expensive
drift... Mike, nice job! I was surprised though to see the steel channel locks replaced by the Trangia Pot Grabber. Tough concession there... ...end drift.

In Gear Lists » First time I ever weighed my gear!
November 24, 8:01pm

Re: Hose
"..it will only fit inside on the clean exit side..." Cut a 1" piece of the straw, push it in, add a hose barb, connect to anything.

November 24, 7:08pm

Re: Hose
"On a side note Greg, your setup might be just what I am looking for, do you have a link to the msr carbon your using?" Well...I was wrong...it's a the Katadyn "Bottle Adapter...

November 24, 7:03pm

Re: Grand Canyon Gear Questions
"Tent vs Tarp: Do the scorpions &/or snakes snuggle up to sleepers to stay warm at night ? " Personally, I like a bug bivy. It's the mice that bother me. "Pad: Is the ...

November 24, 6:44pm

Re: Grand Canyon Gear Questions
Going down, you'll have water all the way. Going up Bright Angel you'll have water along the way. Going to Hermit in 110° heat you can probably get by with 4 liters to Monument. Up ...

November 24, 6:40pm

Re: NON-wool hoody
MEC Expedition Stretch Hoodie (Men's) Product Number: 5016-259 (the complex URL get eaten by the BPL editor) And there are others. Membership is $5, and shipping will cost you $20

In GEAR » NON-wool hoody
November 24, 5:39pm

Re: Trail Designs Ti Cone & Ti Mug
Sold.

In Gear Swap » FS: Trail Designs Ti Cone & Ti Mug
November 24, 5:34pm

Re: Thread drift
Gary, >>That screened inlet is to keep out the floaties when filling your dirty bag? Yep. >>And I'm thinking you are using AM, since you include the Katadyn cartridge? ...

November 24, 5:28pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm