Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3551 - 3560 of 5636 | Page: 1 ...347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 ...564

Forum » Thread

Re: Best Thru hiking pack
No re-supply sounds like a lot of work. Good thing I'm not trying to impress anybody.

In GEAR » Best thru hiking pack
October 12, 9:48pm

Re: wow - and Thanks!
Heath, Thanks for the follow up info. I'm on it. Great setup.

In GEAR » gravity filter
October 12, 9:36pm

Re: Re: Alcohol Stove Fuel Quantity
I use a Caldera Cone. I routinely boil 2 cups of 50° water on 12 grams of 90% ethanol. Edit: Including priming, spillage, pitch removal, and first aid. This is a 4 oz Nalgene bottle from ...

In GEAR » Alcohol Stove Fuel Quantity
October 12, 9:30pm

Re: Re: Two Gravity Filter Threads
Heath, That link requires a login. I tried to search on heathpitts and "gravity filter" but got no hits. Can you provide a date and a few key words? I'm particularly intereste...

In GEAR » gravity filter
October 12, 7:59pm

Re: a great reference
Jamie Shortt built the list. His website is lytW8.com And you can find him here sometimes as well.

In Gear Lists » New list
October 12, 7:24pm

Re: Two Gravity Filter Threads
Here is one thread. And Here is another.

In GEAR » gravity filter
October 12, 7:10pm

Re: Wilderness first-aid class
Any store/business/enterprise offering guided adventures - biking, rafting, climbing, etc. can tell you who they use to certify.

In Philosophy & Technique » wilderness first-aid class?
October 12, 5:13pm

Re: False High CorrelationCoefficients
James, "The discussion has hinged upon, at times, the very details of the curvature and shape of the 800 fill power down Thermal Conductivity vs Compression (density) curve, and the curve h...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Question of the day?
October 12, 12:39pm

Re: Re: Quilt Closures
Full Disclosure: These are purchased quilts that I Modified, not made. Eric, The first is Momentum with shiny side in. The second is Quantum. I haven't given any thought to using this s...

In Make Your Own Gear » Quilt Closures
October 12, 10:23am

Re: Thanks!
Ben, I know it's late in the game, but you might be able to hand off the iPad to a friend who could get things straightened out and then ship it to you. Or Not. And just leave the tech ...

In Chaff » Just 3 More Days to Go...
October 12, 10:10am

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm