BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 3541 - 3550 of 6429 | Page: 1 ...346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 ...643

Forum » Thread

Re: What's in your pocket?
Fred Take the period after WWII - cooperation between government and private - amazing results And people patriotically paid their taxes, maybe with a little grumbling. The wealthy paid a bi...

In Chaff » Romney/Ryan 2012
August 27, 8:36am

Re: Trailstar and the Zpoles conundrum (or want the LW poles but need adjustability
Use Easton Aluminum poles? Several sections that pull apart to pack - either 18" or 26"? 0.49" diameter would be marginally strong enough. I have one that's 1.5 ounce for ...

In GEAR » Trailstar and the Zpoles conundrum (or want the LW poles but need adjustability
August 27, 7:47am

Re: Seam sealing eVent and the likes
Silicone based sealant on silnylon McNett Seam Grip on everything else But, I sometimes use silicone based on non silnylon. It doesn't turn white and flake off. It turns clear. It tend...

In GEAR » Seam sealing eVent and the likes
August 27, 7:37am

Re: Re: Mountain Laurel Designs TrailStar Shelter Review
It seems like a mid and a trailstar have about the same footprint. Mid - 8 or 9 or 10 feet square Trailstar - 7 feet on a side - it depends how you pitch it I just don't like the open ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Mountain Laurel Designs TrailStar Shelter Review
August 26, 5:30pm

Re: Subrogation
"Federal law has given them special status to take everything, even where the recovery by the injured party is limited." Did they coincidentally give large political contributions befo...

In Chaff » Health Care Subrogation: The New Standard?
August 26, 1:17pm

Re: Joseph, Oregon.
I think you're right in general Small detail, I don't think Wallowa Lake is a resrvoir. I think it has a natural dam - glacial moraine Enterprise has a radio station - problem is the...

In Chaff » Joseph, Oregon. Anyone from there or near by?
August 26, 10:59am

Re: Test the water filter
"How much would you pay to have your filter tested and certified ?" I would like Sawyer to test their filter (after freezing) and report the results : )

In Editor's Roundtable » A Survey of Water Hazards and Water Treatment Methods - Part 5: Filtration Methods
August 25, 3:00pm

Re: Re: funny
"Because of this, rather than say I know the truth, I suggest we take sensible but urgent measures to find alternative ways to live on this planet which are less damaging to our environment, m...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
August 25, 2:56pm

Re: Re: Freezing or Dropping
Because it's freezing before and after when I'm sleeping so I'de have to carry it in my pocket.

In Editor's Roundtable » A Survey of Water Hazards and Water Treatment Methods - Part 5: Filtration Methods
August 25, 2:49pm

Re: am/fm radio distance
I was just getting Portland 1190AM on ridges in the Wallowas during the day - about 300 miles away. But then I have to listen to Rush : (

In GEAR » Ultralight AM/FM radios
August 25, 11:02am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.