Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 3541 - 3550 of 7860 | Page: 1 ...346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 ...786

Forum » Thread

Re: Fabric questions
Can you buy Schoeller Nanosphere fabric anywhere? How much does it weigh? Anyone actually use it?

In GEAR » Fabric questions
May 20, 11:35pm

Re: Re: Pyramid Tarptent with Removable Floor
"Any that did fly in congregated near the peak" +1 to that maybe you could have a cone shape that lets bugs out but not in, like yellow jacket traps but they just flit around up ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Pyramid Tarptent with Removable Floor
May 20, 7:18pm

Re: Re: Is this stove - windscreen setup safe?
"It appears that the windscreen is snugly in contact with the pot, eliminating the chimney effect to let the heat escape upwards (and warming up the sides of the pot as it does)." thus...

In Make Your Own Gear » Is this stove - windscreen setup safe?
May 20, 5:09pm

Re: Re: unsafe
Yeah, one of Roger's articles said that if the canister gets warm to touch it's too warm and there's a chance it will burst. I never noticed my canister getting warm when I did the s...

In Make Your Own Gear » Is this stove - windscreen setup safe?
May 20, 5:02pm

2013 EWG sunscreen guide
EWG came out with new version of sunscreen guide http://www.ewg.org/2013sunscreen/ Sunscreens are not effective at preventing skin cancer and ageing "Broad spectrum protection – Almost...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » 2013 EWG sunscreen guide
May 20, 10:21am

Re: Re: Pyramid Tarptent with Removable Floor
I camped somewhere that had a lot of mosquitoes My pyramid has a 2 inch gap at the bottom and no floor For some reason, I got no bites inside When I was walking around I had to constantly ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Pyramid Tarptent with Removable Floor
May 20, 9:48am

Re: O is for Obvious
That's pretty funny I agree with you totally Maybe you will get $15 of entertainment out of it? Yeah, I think when you give $15 you have to let it go and not expect anything in return....

In Philosophy & Technique » New Episodes of UL A-Z
May 20, 8:35am

Re: Re: Re: Making a vest
baffle material? I would just use the same material as liner. You will probably have some scrap pieces that will be big enough. I've used elastic around waist. I sleep in it and don'...

In Make Your Own Gear » Advice for making my own down jacket
May 20, 8:26am

Re: permethrin
I just use permethrin on boots and gaiters. Sort of agree with chem phobe thought. I'm thinking ticks.

In GEAR » head net
May 19, 9:59pm

Re: Re: Re: stakes suitable for very, very hard compacted dirt surface.
"But I found them relatively heavy and not very good in looser soils. To specialized for me." 0.3 ounces for one stake Maybe have one and use it to make pilot holes for other stakes...

In GEAR » stakes suitable for very, very -hard compacted dirt surface.
May 19, 9:51pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.