BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 3541 - 3550 of 7245 | Page: 1 ...346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 ...725

Forum » Thread

Re: Reinforcing Tie Outs
Maybe use silnylon for the reinforcement and then laminate it? 200D is probably over-kill I've just been sewing tie-outs to seams without reinforcement without problem, although I don'...

In Make Your Own Gear » Reinforcing Tie Outs
January 27, 2:18pm

Re: Well yeah, good points..,
Tim often responds to questions like this - just wait a bit? Are the baffles well filled? If you hold it up to the light, are they completely filled or spots without down? If you shake it side...

In GEAR » ounces of down = ?temp rating?
January 27, 2:13pm

Re: Re: If it bends differently for the two sides, they won't match
Or, you could attach the brown paper template to something stiffer, like a board that's maybe 3/4" x 1.5"

In Make Your Own Gear » Bivy Plans - Checking on materials
January 27, 7:28am

Re: Re: Re: Re: My version of the Nightwing - the Fightwing
That's it - good John One thing about using brown paper for a template, is it tends to bend a little which will make the amount of catenary deflection more or less. If it bends differently ...

January 26, 10:44pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: My version of the Nightwing - the Fightwing
I wrote article that includes Excel spreadsheet for calculating catenary curve http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/myog_silnylon_floorless_2-person_tent.html Which is sto...

January 26, 10:26pm

Re: Re: My version of the Nightwing - the Fightwing
That must be a zipper That works pretty good. I have evolved to "half pyramid": Then there's no contortions getting into bed,...

January 26, 4:32pm

Re: Neo Air Repair?
I had to struggle to find Prolite leak, which would be same as Neo-Air Tried water and soap but couldn't find anything Submerged in pool, didn't see anything. It's hard to get it...

In GEAR » Neo Air Repair?
January 26, 2:03pm

Re: Alcohol Stove Users Only
Hmmm First get platinum wire Then, in order to get a Fancee Feast can you'll have to get a cat - I have several, maybe I can send you one Maybe take your platinum wire and wind it arou...

In GEAR » Alcohol Stove Users Only
January 26, 1:54pm

Re: Re: Angry Americans
Quit talking about massacres - nutty people might do a massacre just for the fame Quit talking about gun control - either for gun control or shouting "Obama's going to take your guns aw...

In Chaff » Newtown -- Who Here Changed His (or Her) Mind?
January 26, 8:50am

Re: Re: Re: Just wondering...
Have a "bathtub floor" of netting with velcro at corners and maybe a couple places on the sides, with matching velcro on the tent. If you're in a no bug situation, you could just l...

In GEAR » Pyramid tent with netting floor
January 26, 8:46am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.