Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 3541 - 3550 of 9446 | Page: 1 ...346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 ...945

Forum » Thread

Re: Down Arrived
"I'll have to poke a small hole and put a shopvac hose in and suck everything out and repackage into sandwich bags or something." I've just put main package in large plastic co...

In Gear Deals » cheap down for MYOG
January 25, 9:36am

Re: Inverted canister fuel use
isobutane boils at 8 to 16 F - I don't know why there is a range given rather than a specific temperature You said you were at 20 F, so it doesn't matter if there is less propane in the ...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Evolution of a Winter Stove - Part 3
January 25, 8:06am

Re: YEP!
clo/inch is spec'd for Primaloft and Apex (Climashield). 3.4 clo/inch or 0.8 clo/oz/yd2 Primaloft One is slightly better - 3.6 clo/inch, 0.9 clo/oz/yd2 I suspect you can lose half your w...

In GEAR » CLO List
January 24, 4:24pm

Re: Ok
Regardless of second term, if he loses political support, he won't be able to do anything. If he is pushing things that other politicians supporting will get them not re-elected, then there ...

In Chaff » Fresh Air with Terry Gross
January 24, 8:46am

Re: Re: Re: Privacy Board "NSA telephone records collection illegal"
I agree, we don't know what has been done with data. Snowden didn't reveal anything, but maybe he didn't have access to that. The technology has only existed for a few years. There...

January 24, 8:23am

Re: The Carbon Flame War
Okay, blocking high is supposed to fade. Rain next Tuesday here in Oregon. That means the cold weather in midwest and east should ease a few days later - in one week? No one knows if increas...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
January 24, 8:05am

Re: Privacy Board "NSA telephone records collection illegal"
Jian Ghomeshi on "Q" interviewed couple (the Raines) that broke in and stole FBI documents: ...

January 24, 7:50am

Re: Re: btw
The problem is when the four corners of the pyramid aren't in a plane. Three corners are always on a plane - like a three legged stool. So - do three corners, then try to have the fourth ...

In GEAR » What is wrong with my pitch?
January 24, 7:32am

Re: Re: Re: Silnylon source
Great! I get more comments about that article. More recently, I've just hemmed the fabric on both sides of the zipper, then sewed it to the zipper. Easier than what I said in article. And...

In Make Your Own Gear » Silnylon source
January 23, 9:11am

Re: Silnylon source
You need the Shield from thru-hiker for a floor or pack that has to be waterproof. I use 2nds silnylon for tents without problem. Rarely, there is some "misting" during heavy rain. B...

In Make Your Own Gear » Silnylon source
January 23, 8:53am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.