Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 3541 - 3550 of 8521 | Page: 1 ...346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 ...853

Forum » Thread

Re: Educate me on guylines and line locks
bowline - "the rabbit goes out of the hole, around the root, and back in the hole again"

In GEAR » Educate me on guylines and line locks
September 19, 8:54pm

Re: Re: remote stoves
"Still a bit unsure at what temp this becomes an issue." Same here, I use upright canister in upper 20s F. One thing confusing is, they put in a little propane which works at much l...

In GEAR » Remote canister gas stove - Fire Maple FMS-117T or Kovea Spider, or?
September 19, 3:55pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Good review of inReach SE on TrailGroove
"What about the dog?" The dog wants to go with you, then you won't have to text it : )

In GEAR » DeLorme inReach SE announced, ships mid to late April
September 19, 3:47pm

Re: Re: pre-cut lines
good idea to do "slippery" knot for a tautline hitch, do two regular turns, then for the final turn, just put a loop through so you can yank on the line to undo it.

September 19, 2:23pm

Re: pre-cut lines
The only problem with moving the tent stake out is, where I go it's often difficult to get a stake pounded in because of rocks. Sometime I have to try different spots until I finally find a sp...

September 19, 1:33pm

Re: Review
I looked at sticksblog 1.8 ounces wet (after you shake it out "like a madman") maybe 2 ounces in a freezer zip top bag Stick said case was clear. I wonder if you can see the fil...

In Gear Deals » New Sawyer 2014 MINI Filter on Sale
September 19, 8:41am

Re: New Sawyer 2014 MINI Filter on Sale
That looks pretty nice Just like the Squeeze, except it weighs 1.4 ounce instead of 3 ounces Is that 1.4 ounce dry weight? You can either screw it on a bottle or do inline A little chea...

In Gear Deals » New Sawyer 2014 MINI Filter on Sale
September 19, 8:07am

Re: Re: Re: Sweet ad
"Your generous attitude here at BPL reminds me of the generous restaurant owner." That's only because I know I'm going to need a doctor some day...... No, no, no You...

In Chaff » Sweet ad
September 18, 6:51pm

Re: @Jerry...not a hurricane
Katharina it is : ) Maybe I thought you were behaving like a hurricane? (no, just kidding)

In Chaff » Fresh Air with Terry Gross
September 18, 6:49pm

Re: canister cozy
I've wrapped #16 solid copper wire most of the way around canister (just enough so it stays on) and the end up and into the flame - heat conducted down to canister Good down to 20 F easy ...

In GEAR » Remote canister gas stove - Fire Maple FMS-117T or Kovea Spider, or?
September 18, 4:23pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.