BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 3541 - 3550 of 7361 | Page: 1 ...346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 ...737

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Source for UL Prescription Sunglasses or Lenses
"Newer plastic lenses are OK for many people, but they are not extremely hard. They easily get scratched, and if you clean them with a dirty shirt or something, they get micro scratches and ev...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Source for UL Precription Sunglasses or Lenses
February 07, 6:39pm

Re: Roger's bonus question
Obviously if you have people on the ground you can't make them make a legal case against someone before shooting them So, it's okay to have drones in Afganistan and maybe across the bord...

In GEAR » quadcopter/drones for backpacking (the future is coming)
February 07, 3:46pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Glad to see so much discussion!
"Obama bin Laden" I hate it when I juxtapose Osama and Obama : ) Actually I just laugh because the names are so close

In Chaff » BSA discrimination policy :(
February 07, 2:09pm

Re: Re: Re: Glad to see so much discussion!
Yeah, same here, I remember in the 1960s they had publications that had pictures of people with turbans so they included Muslims/Hindus I don't remember anything about aetheists And does ...

In Chaff » BSA discrimination policy :(
February 07, 1:25pm

Re: Re: Re: new drone
Or, you could just stay at home and let it do your hike for you

In GEAR » quadcopter/drones for backpacking (the future is coming)
February 07, 10:22am

Re: Re: Remote Canister Stove
And since it's lower, the wind speed is a little less

In GEAR » Remote Canister stove Recommendations
February 07, 10:20am

Re: Vapur Microfilter
Maybe that 2.7 oz includes the 1 liter bottle Filter goes inside bottle, part of lid, that means it wouldn't freeze unless the water freezes which is easier to prevent that a loose filter

In GEAR » Vapur Microfilter
February 07, 6:42am

Re: prediction
Interesting that the original poster never responded And he said he didn't enquire about his order until 14 months later Is it just a pxxxed off person trying to get even for something? ...

In GEAR » Problems with Nunatak
February 06, 9:47pm

Re: New Bottles
They'll soon find other chemicals that leach out of plastic when you put hot water in.

In GEAR » Using water bladders with hot water?
February 06, 9:38pm

Re: Re: pots sliding off canister stoves
My pot slid off a Coleman Exponent F1 Ultralight once, but that was my own stupidity. I now have a windscreen attached to my pot, which aslo prevents it from sliding off. I've been using my...

In GEAR » The New "Worlds lightest cannister stove"?
February 06, 9:15pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.