BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 3541 - 3550 of 7635 | Page: 1 ...346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 ...764

Forum » Thread

Re: yakima, wenatchee, boise
Yakima, Spokane, Boise - dry, hot, dusty, miserable in summer, blizzardy in the winter - more based on my folks who escaped the area than my own experience. (spoken by a jaded mildewed west sider)...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Boise area: Visit or Reside?
April 04, 10:08pm

Re: Re: Re: BPL Thread Drift Gold (and kick a$$ dumplings).
I'm having a hard time figuring out who's facetious and who's serious I guess it's not important

In GEAR » Adventure Medical Kits
April 04, 9:55pm

Re: Acetaminophen
I've heard that before It seems like Acetaminophen shouldn't be used And Aspirin has problems except when you have a heart attack or maybe a "baby aspirin" every day or two ...

April 04, 6:30pm

Re: Plenty of good use
Search and Rescue If you knew someone was lost in an area, fly a drone with cell antenae so the lost person can place call

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Drones and phones
April 04, 10:59am

Re: Tie out for cuben tarps?
check out http://www.suluk46.com/RandD%20-%20RD7%20Cuben%20Fiber%20Tarp.html and the video linked to

In Make Your Own Gear » Tie out for cuben tarps?
April 04, 8:49am

Re: Re: Tylenol is acetominophen
Between Ibuprofen and Acetaminophen, isn't one of them damaging to some people's livers or something? Maybe if you take just a little more than recommended dose?

April 03, 9:55pm

Re: Re: Post hike rituals- gear maintenance
I'm not quite as OCD about it. It might take a day or two to get all of my gear cleaned up and ready to go for next trip. I do hang everything up to dry out before taking a shower. My wife...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Post hike rituals- gear maintenance
April 03, 9:14am

Re: Home Sewing Machine
I have a Janome that isn't made any more. I have used it a lot without any problems. I have never serviced it, except I vacuumed it a couple times.

In Make Your Own Gear » Sailright Ultrafeed vs home sewing machine for Bilgy Tent
April 03, 9:07am

aspirin
if you have a clot type stroke which is more ocommon, you want to use aspirin if you have a bleeding type stroke, you want to avoid aspirin it's difficult to know which you have if you...

April 03, 9:05am

Re: 10 Reasons why you should never spend time in the backcountry
"The real problem is that animals poop everywhere, they have no respect" At least they don't use toilet paper

In Philosophy & Technique » 10 Reasons why you should never spend time in the backcountry
April 02, 7:00pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.