Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 3541 - 3550 of 8635 | Page: 1 ...346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 ...864

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: park closures... insanity... time for civil disobediance?
National forests are mainly open I was just in Shasta Trinity and it was unaffected Any ranger station or visitor center will be closed, but no rangers to enforce rules so you don't need ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » park closures... insanity... time for civil disobediance?
October 09, 12:58pm

Re: Democrats pass a budget?
The CR is a budget - just continue the previous budget It's because the Democrats and Republicans have such a bad relationship that they can't agree on anything You can blame it on th...

In Chaff » Speechless (not really)
October 09, 11:13am

Re: Re: ?
"Try your plan in Washington st., and when it works so well, is affordable, and the services don't suffer, I'll urge my state rep to adopt it." When the Republicans had more po...

In Chaff » Who is signing up for ObamaCare (aka ACA) on Tuesday?
October 09, 11:04am

Re: Okie dokie
"Before you praise single payer systems, you may want to do some research. You might change your mind." All the other Western countries seem to be doing better with various degrees of ...

October 09, 10:21am

Re: Re
"Pick an industry that is efficient, competitive, and gives the most bang for the buck, and I'll bet you it's not a regulated field." That only exists in an economics class, th...

October 09, 9:35am

Re: Who is signing up for ObamaCare (aka ACA) on Tuesday?
our government is a for profit joke : )

October 09, 9:22am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Speechless (not really)
"Yes there is a lot of he-said-she-said going on right now but sooner or later, you have to admit that when it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck..." You can second guess Obama deci...

October 09, 9:08am

Re: Question
"What is the relationship between the ACA and a single payer system?" States have some flexibility about how to implement Obamacare. A state could propose a single payer system, and i...

October 09, 8:59am

Re: Wednesday 6th October
Neil, you beat me to it... Australian calendar is upside down

In Editor's Roundtable » The Evolution of a Winter Stove - Part 3
October 09, 8:49am

Re: Speechless (not really)
"All it would take, realistically, is a Commander In Chief with a conscience and a pen. Disgusting." All it would take is for a congress that didn't try to blackmail the Senate and...

October 08, 11:27pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.