BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 3541 - 3550 of 7440 | Page: 1 ...346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 ...744

Forum » Thread

Re: Summer Backpacking Weight Experiment
You don't need fleece - heavy for the small amount of warmth The only time it's useful is when hiking in cold temps, like 20 F, when just base layer and jacket aren't warm enough

In GEAR » Summer Backpacking Weight Experiment
February 23, 8:46am

Re: Rubber band.....rubber band man.
The problem with hoarding rubber bands, is they get old and brittle and crack and break when you stretch them.

In Make Your Own Gear » Rubber band.....rubber band man.
February 23, 8:44am

Re: Re: membership
"Thanks Roger and everyone else for your sharing your advice and your experience. I never even considered myog projects until I found the forum," I suggest you not join and quit this M...

In Make Your Own Gear » sleeping bag/quilt baffles
February 23, 7:43am

Re: Re: Encapsil Launch at the Boulder Store
Maybe leaking video and then taking it down is clever marketing ploy to get people's interest?

In GEAR » NEW Patagonia Encapsil ("Dry Down") Parka
February 23, 7:36am

Re: Re: MYOG sleeping bag to insulated pants conversion.
The first pair of pants I did were tight around rear. So I moved "the point" out and the rear up and they fit better - about 1/3rd of the way down in http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG sleeping bag to insulated pants conversion.
February 23, 7:34am

Re: Re: MYOG sleeping bag to insulated pants conversion.
So, what happens when you bend over? Is there enough room for your rear end?

February 22, 11:52pm

Re: MYOG sleeping bag to insulated pants conversion.
That looks good. Clever to get your mom to do the sewing : ) I also originally started with a pair of jeans.

February 22, 11:50pm

Re: double needle machines
Now that's funny, you collect sewing machines like some other people here collect equipment. Thanks.

In Make Your Own Gear » Double Needle sewing machines?
February 22, 9:04pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Big SEKI Loop (as an alternative to the JMT)
What??? You make a fire in the Sierras??? I would think that wouldn't be such a good idea.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Big SEKI Loop (as an alternative to the JMT)
February 22, 6:20pm

Re: Re: sleeping bag/quilt baffles
One other picture

In Make Your Own Gear » sleeping bag/quilt baffles
February 22, 6:14pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.