BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3541 - 3550 of 3682 | Page: 1 ...346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 ...369

Forum » Thread

Re: Clothing for Dessert Hiking
I checked out the Montbell umbrella in their Boulder store and you have to manually straighten every rib to open it and manually break it down (every rib) before closing. I would never buy an umbre...

In Philosophy & Technique » Clothing for Dessert Hiking
April 19, 9:25pm

Re: Philmont gear selection..
My guess is because it can be entirely enclosed nearly to the ground. A flat tarp will have an open end somewhere. Maybe the better term is no flat tarps.

In Gear Lists » Philmont gear selection..
April 19, 7:58am

Re: Re: New REI UL Pack
Erich, are you speaking of the school backpack at Walmart?

In GEAR » New REI UL Pack
April 18, 8:27am

Re: Bivy with Zipper?
I personally do not need zippers on a bivy that is used as a sleeping bag cover, not waterproof.

In Make Your Own Gear » Bivy with Zipper?
April 17, 8:54am

Re: ultralight knife recommendation
I've heard the mora knives are light and very good.

In GEAR » ultralight knife recommendation
April 12, 11:55am

Re: Lumbar Pack/Marmot Highlander?
I think those lumbar packs with the shoulder straps look cool. Wish somebody would make one of silnylon.

In GEAR » Lumbar Pack/Marmot Highlander?
April 09, 8:12pm

Re: Re: Re: Thermarest v Bozeman Mountain Works
David Lewis, it appears Carol Crooker disagrees with you. She loves the POE uber lite for side sleeping. http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/super_ultralight_tarp_hammock_ui...

In GEAR » Thermarest v Bozeman Mountain Works
April 04, 9:29pm

Re: Golite Hex for sale
from what I have read the hex 2 did have a top loop...

In Gear Swap » Golite Hex for sale
March 29, 3:19am

Re: Re: WTB - OR Rain Claw Mitts
The old ones weigh less than 2 oz. OR made both mittens and the claw design in the old form. Weight might be the better way to distinguish.

In Gear Swap » WTB - OR Rain Claw Mitts
March 29, 3:03am

Re: Delerion disappointment
I sprung for the delerion lows (not pros) since I was late in checking them out and there was no size 10.5. The delerion low weight is more than stated on the timberland website with mine weighing ...

In GEAR » Delerion disappointment
March 27, 7:28pm

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm