BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3541 - 3550 of 3704 | Page: 1 ...346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 ...371

Forum » Thread

Re: Golite Hut 1 Spotlite Review
Mike, I was on a 16 person backpack and we had to cram into a small campsite. People were pitching tents in the trail it was so crowded. My front guyline was crossing a path that everyone was going...

In GEAR » Golite Hut Spotlite Review
May 18, 6:29pm

Golite Hut 1 Spotlite Review
Good review. Two things I have discovered are: 1. It can be pitched with 5 stakes (3 stakes at head end, 2 stakes at foot end) . The foot end is elevated by going inside and jamming the handle e...

In GEAR » Golite Hut Spotlite Review
May 17, 6:54pm

Re: Knobstone Thru hike
Bernie....my thoughts. Wet feet all day on a flat trail in non-waterproof shoes might be fine. If it looks like you may be facing wet feet all day on difficult uneven terrrain (not flat trail), ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cutting Tounges From Shoes
May 15, 8:52am

Re: Gatewood Cape ??'s
You can always get condensation with a single wall shelter if it is fully closed. Just like you can always get condensation on the inner fly of a double wall shelter if its closed up in bad weather.

In GEAR » Gatewood Cape ??'s
May 12, 8:10am

Google Ads?
I am seeing google ads on the bpl site. Is that new or is my browser freaking out?

In Chaff » Google Ads?
May 10, 7:35am

Re: Canyoneering Shoe Dilemma
Did you see the talk about the Timberland Delerion Pro shoe? It seems to have a tight weaved "mesh" that was said to keep out sand fairly well. I don't have the link handy.

In GEAR » Canyoneering shoe
May 09, 11:25am

Re: Re: wind shorts and ponchos
I think the montane lite-speed and featherlite are both made of pertex microlight. The different fabric on the lite-speed may be pertex quantum.

In GEAR » Advice from experienced poncho tarp users
May 07, 10:32pm

Re: lightest,most compact, combo,tent,mosquito net
From minimal on up including headnet, DLG sleepnet, A16 bug net, bug bivies from OR or Oware, bug tents from various places, etc. How much coverage do you need? Head only, torso, whole body bivy...

In GEAR » lightest,most compact, combo,tent,mosquito net
May 07, 10:14pm

Re: Re: Issues with the Rainbow
Henry is right. That can happen in any single wall shelter.

In GEAR » Sierra Designs Baku
May 06, 7:56pm

Re: What about the Hubba?
I know at least 4 or 5 people with the Hubba and they like it. They report no feeling of coffin effect because the height is nice and the top width is not narrow. The floor width is 26" so a therma...

In GEAR » Sierra Designs Baku
May 06, 1:45pm

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm