Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3541 - 3550 of 5581 | Page: 1 ...346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 ...559

Forum » Thread

Alok OP Sak Replacement?
I've recently had a spate of failures with the OP Saks. (LokSak.com) When I contacted them I was told by the owner that they have only a 30 day life expectancy. My biggest issue is fail...

In GEAR » Alok OP Sak Replacement?
September 29, 7:07pm

Re: LightHeart Solo
Travis, I have a DuoMid and an Inner and the setup time, even after 30 nights out, is still way to slow for me. I was thinking a smaller footprint, with less opportunity for operator error, would ...

In Gear Swap » Want for Examination: MLD SoloMid, in Cuben
September 29, 4:22pm

Want for Examination: MLD SoloMid, in Cuben
Never Mind... After looking at the LightHeart Solo, I'm changing directions.

In Gear Swap » Want for Examination: MLD SoloMid, in Cuben
September 29, 3:21pm

Re: food
On 8-day trips (+/-), of 15 to 20 miles a day, consuming about 2700 calories per day, I find I have plenty of energy during the day, and don't find myself feeling hungry. However, it is not ...

In Gear Lists » 8 pound base weight
September 22, 7:30pm

Re: Cuben Fiber Tarp Failures?
Steven, Your question was asked Here. And James Patsalides's Survey Results are Here.

In GEAR » Cuben Fiber Tarp Failures?
September 22, 5:52pm

Re: Zappos?
I can recommend RunningWarehouse.com They 'profile' most of the shoes they offer, including volume and a shoe-to-shoe comparison for fit. And free 2nd day shipping, and free return. ...

In GEAR » Where do you get the in-depth info on shoes?
September 22, 4:12pm

Re: Subscribers now a lesser category of member?
Something is amiss... If you subscribed you should have access. Use the Help/MySupport (upper right) to state your case. It will get resolved quickly. Although it looks "gear"...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Subscribers now a lesser category of member?
September 22, 12:15pm

Re: Seeking Feedback on Winter Foot System
"ANY CONCERNS ABOUT THE GAITER HOOK DAMAGING THE THIN SALOMON SHOE LACES?" I don't like using the lace for a few reasons: 1) the gaiter ends up off center 2) the (small) potentia...

In GEAR » Seeking Feedback on Winter Foot System
September 22, 10:37am

Re: Re: Food for Nighttime Heat
Sarah, Two Snickers Fun Size is my current choice - 160 calories at 84/12/63 Cho/Pro/Fat. But I'd really like to know what best fires the furnace from a metabolism perspective.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Food for Nighttime Heat
September 22, 10:08am

Food for Nighttime Heat
Any Nutrition Experts out there? I sometimes wake Cold around 2am or 3am. I eat a Powerbar, then sleep soundly and warm until dawn. But eating a Powerbar is tedious and messy. What would b...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Food for Nighttime Heat
September 22, 9:45am

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm