Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3541 - 3550 of 6068 | Page: 1 ...346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 ...607

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: re-routes
I just checked the distances from Twin Lakes to Greens Creek on the Monarch Crest, which is where they join up again, and the CDT route is about 3 miles longer. More alpine. Less civilization. And...

In Gear Lists » 2011 Colorado Trail list
February 13, 9:58pm

Re: Re: 2011 Colorado Trail list
Jack H. said "Don't be a purist. The CT has a lot of lack luster routing. Get off the trail and hike some alternates. For instance, follow the CDT. Often, it stays high, when the CT is...

In Gear Lists » 2011 Colorado Trail list
February 13, 9:26pm

Re: Fountainhead Tenkara Rods
Yep. That's it. Thanks.

In Fishing » Tenkara Style Rods
February 13, 4:01pm

Re: Walking vs Skiing, Biking,
It is not surprising that the approach comes up short for skiing. It's pretty hard to glide when you are hiking. I doubt if it is applicable to cycling. Or to packrafting. But it might come ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » weight vs. time calculation
February 13, 12:54pm

Re: PLB and safety
"This was not a hit piece at you just in general people..." And a pretty good hijack. Now, "How do you carry?..."

In GEAR » Where to carrying a plb and why?
February 11, 6:03pm

Re: Calories ?
Aim for 3500 a day. If you come home 10 pounds lighter and hungry, take more the next time. If you bring food home, take less. The only way to figure it out is to hike your hike, and then ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » daily calories
February 10, 7:11pm

Re: Where to carrying a plb and why?
I have a McMurdo FastFind. When I'm out solo I have it on my right pack strap, just below my collar bone, in a slip case that has a velcro closure over the top. I can get it out easily wi...

In GEAR » Where to carrying a plb and why?
February 10, 7:00pm

Tenkara Style Rods
I'm looking for the link that showed the action of several tenkara rods, that was photographed with a garage door as the backdrop. Anyone got a memory like a steel trap? Thanks.

In Fishing » Tenkara Style Rods
February 10, 5:02pm

Re: American Silnylon not Acceptable?
MLD and ThruHiker collaborate on silnylon and do independent testing to verify quality. I recall about two years ago when they found all silnylon was failing due to some manufacturing process pr...

In Make Your Own Gear » American Silnylon not Acceptable?
February 09, 10:45am

Re: Username
Open a Help Ticket - upper right - even though it looks gear oriented.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Username
February 09, 10:36am

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm