Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3541 - 3550 of 5452 | Page: 1 ...346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 ...546

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Air Release
JA, Also search for "diverter valve" "3 way". They have a built in valve, but everything I've found is Big.

In GEAR » Air Release For Gravity Filter System
May 16, 10:13pm

Re: Air Release
JA, Since your looking for something not used in this crowd, you will have to do some sleuthing. This is a barb T adaptor. If you stick a simple cap the third leg when not bleeding, it may work...

In GEAR » Air Release For Gravity Filter System
May 16, 9:57pm

Re :Measuring Volume
I keep notes. From one trip I see that 6 days of food went into a stuff sack that was 8" in diameter, and 15" tall when closed, or ~750 ci.

In GEAR » I have to buy Ber Canisters.... Crap
May 16, 5:15pm

Re: Another reason to love the SMD Haven
Al, The hook is intended to catch either of the loops at the bottom of a vestiblue fly. Then you can slide the prussic down to tension the fly and 'stabilize' the vestibule. So, de...

In GEAR » SMD Haven - First Impressions
May 16, 12:27pm

Re: RMNP Bear Canisters.... If Low....
RMNP - As someone pointed out earlier, official web pages are sometimes wrong... But currently canisters are only required if you are "below treeline". That leaves a fair amount of ...

May 16, 12:16pm

Re: air mats
David, I think the air mattress thing has a lot of merit, except in the Grand Canyon. With the dam in place, the water is far colder year around, making a 'wet' crossings a very 'if...

In Chaff » Air mat for river crossing?
May 16, 12:10pm

Re: Re: Haven ideas to raise/lower fly
I like it. And since Kite Builder is still on backorder, perhaps I could add a few things. I'll call Monday. Thanks.

In GEAR » SMD Haven - First Impressions
May 16, 11:37am

Re: why so little discussion of food
Many of us have figured out what works for our hiking, but newcomers are often baffled on how to start. Hence the often repeated question of "What's for Lunch?". The difficulties a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » why so little discussion of food
May 16, 11:27am

Re: I have been corrupted
Boxers? On the trail? Why even bother? Zero weight.

In GEAR » I have been corrupted
May 15, 9:59pm

Re:Measuring Volume
The volume of a truncated cone is 0.2618*H*(D²+D*d+d²) A Garcia is 2 truncated cones back-to-back, so Vol = ~0.434*H*(D²+D*d+d²) Personally, I like the idea of filling it with somethin...

May 15, 7:12pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm