BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3541 - 3550 of 4601 | Page: 1 ...346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 ...461

Forum » Thread

Re: cheapest gram scale that can be calibrated?
Brian, As mentioned elsewhere, 5 quarters is around 28.3 grams, making a convenient "standard" to check with. If your scale is weighing light add to the pan until you're good. ...

In GEAR » BPL Scale
October 08, 10:23am

Re: Posting a trip report
Tom, First resize you JPGs to 8" wide and 72 dpi for faster loads and a forum sized image. Select the text in your Word doc, Copy it, and then Paste (Control V on a PC) in the Commentary b...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Posting a trip report
October 07, 7:15pm

Re: MLD Duomid bug tent
Ron, I certainly agree about the LineLocs making adjustments easier. I also added a hacked mitten hook to each bugnet line to make independent setup and take down a little easier. I use Easton...

In GEAR » MLD Duomid bug tent
October 07, 7:00pm

Re: tent
"...the SD lightning 2 may be a better choice for now. As I get more experienced I'll switch to a TT, but to limit any problems and keep the wife happy the lightning will be easier to mana...

In GEAR » Tents, MSR, BA, Sierra Designs, Montbell
October 07, 8:46am

Re: MLD on FaceBook
Ron, I hope Facebook does not replace your web site. Facebook is the last place I want to go...

In Chaff » MLD on FaceBook
October 06, 9:40pm

Re: MLD Duomid bug tent
David, I'm a short guy (5'9") using a MYOG bugnet in a Duomid. It is worth noting that on a perfect lawn the Duomid and the bugnet nest very nicely. But in the woods, where things are...

In GEAR » MLD Duomid bug tent
October 06, 9:35pm

Re: DSLR
David, Not eggsactly what you are asking about, but worth considering - "“How do I take good photographs?” A friend asked me this on a climb not long ago. I asked him where his camera ...

In Photography » DSLR
October 06, 9:20pm

Re: Pad question
If the last quarter is on the snow you will notice. If it is on your pack and some other gear, you might not.

In GEAR » Sleeping Bags...Help Me Decide
October 06, 8:31pm

Re: Keeping hands dry in winter
But if your 'wet on the inside' gloves are dry on the outside, turn them inside out, give them a hard puff, and put them on. There won't be enough moisture on the outside to hurt any t...

In Winter Hiking » Keeping hands dry in winter
October 06, 7:53pm

Re: Altimeter Drift... Embedding Links
Trooper - You don't have PM enabled. Look here to embed a link.

In GEAR » Altimeter Watches
October 06, 7:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm