Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3521 - 3530 of 3724 | Page: 1 ...344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 ...373

Forum » Thread

Re: Coasteering
You need to check out Ryan's latest arctic 1000 gear for what they used to swim rivers. Their pack and sleep system might fit the bill.

In GEAR » Multi-Day coasteering trips?
August 16, 1:27pm

Re: My mp3 player
No way....Unchained by Van Halen is the best to keep the legs moving...kidding

In GEAR » 1 Heavy essential item you can' leave at home?
August 16, 7:28am

Re: Need Hiking advice for Colorado
What about Chicago Basin north of Durango in the Weminuche Wilderness? You can basecamp, do three 14'ers but Im not sure about where to rock climb there.

In GEAR » Need Hiking advice for Colorado
August 10, 6:18pm

My 2 sense
Two typographic issues I notice are the bottom publish date is 2007 and the copyright notice comes up 2005. Knot choices are interesting. In the past it was a bowline knot (or other loop) with g...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Poncho Tarp: Techniques and Gear Systems for Inclement Conditions
August 10, 10:01am

Re: I started the fire, said she..
This past week I went backpacking in Glacier National Park and got caught up (not literally) in the Red Eagle fire on the east side of the park. It delayed our trip but we were able to do a 4 night...

In Philosophy & Technique » I started the fire, said she..
August 08, 7:34am

Re: Re: Drink Powder Re-Packaging
If you want a sugar-free (almost) drink that, I think, fits in the smallest ziplocks try this: 1 quart water 1/2 packet unsweetened koolaid 1/4 tsp mortons lite salt 6 packets equal (about...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Drink Powder Re-Packaging
July 25, 1:44pm

Re: Aqua Mira Warning
That's just one more reason to go with chlorine dioxide tablets instead. You can't be lied to that way.

In GEAR » Aqua Mira Warning
July 25, 8:24am

Mexoryl
Long-Awaited Sunscreen Approved for Sale Jul 24, 5:17 PM (ET) WASHINGTON (AP) - A sunscreen that blocks the type of ultraviolet radiation linked to some cancers, and which has been available...

In GEAR » Longest Lasting Sun Block
July 24, 8:33pm

Re: Energy for the Trail
nm

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Energy for the Trail
July 23, 7:26am

Re: Is the Jam going to work for me?
I'd say that pack might NOT work for you for your 7 day trip unless you can get your gear volume down more than what you mention.

In GEAR » Is the Jam going to work for me?
July 22, 6:09am

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm