BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3511 - 3520 of 3704 | Page: 1 ...343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 ...371

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ignorant abut Backpacking
Richard, my diagnosis of your condition is... Ultralight envy

In GEAR » Mystery Ranch Backpacks equals Dana Design quality?
July 21, 2:24pm

Re: Re: REI Flash over nighter
I wish the Marmot Kompressor had a waist belt but it does not. A simple strap with some clips on the ends could be clipped to the fabric to do the same thing since it would not be used for load tra...

In GEAR » A new pack/stuff sack
July 21, 9:12am

Re: 2cents on UVA/B protection
Check your focus. UVB rays are the burning rays (B for burning) and UVA rays are the aging rays (A for aging).

In GEAR » Longest Lasting Sun Block
July 20, 9:20pm

Re: REI Flash over nighter
Chris, go check out the gossamer gear website and download the tip about the nightlight torso pad. They have instructions about cutting up the pad and reattaching with velcro. You could cut your pa...

July 20, 9:08pm

Re: Expert Answers How Safe is Ultralight Hiking?
My answers to Duffy's quorstions would have been. HYOH and No. Now you see why Gorp won't hire me...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Expert Answers How Safe is Ultralight Hiking?
July 20, 11:16am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Arctic 1000 completed---Controversy?
On his ankle I'll guess at least 3-6 months before he will be able to do much packing. It sounds like there was no break, just some major ligament strains.

In Post-Trip Reports » Roman finishes Arctic 1000 alone!
July 19, 2:15pm

Re: Re: Re: mini bic source?
I like cricket lighters better than bics. I got a mini bic wet and it froze up on me at trips end. A cricket that got wet was working at two strikes after drying it off.

In GEAR » Best butane lighter?
July 19, 2:08pm

Re: Etowah Town Bag at MountainGearNow.com
About 756 cubic inches of room.

July 18, 7:49am

Re: For Sale: Gossamergear Spinn Shelter
Good luck. You are giving only $15 dollars off a used shelter after the buyer must replace the guyline. Let alone they won't have the thingies that help set up the shelter.

In Gear Swap » For Sale: Gossamergear Spinn Shelter
July 18, 7:45am

Esbit cost
My cost of esbit, $4.50/12 tab box at Sportsman's warehouse, is 75 cents/ounce. And I need to add also that you did a great job with the article.

In Editor's Roundtable » Comparative Fuel Efficiency and Carry Weight for Six Lightweight Backpacking Cooking Systems: Part II
July 12, 9:16am

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm