BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3511 - 3520 of 3664 | Page: 1 ...343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 ...367

Forum » Thread

Canyoneering shoe
I may be headed to the Zion Virgin Narrows in July and need opinions on footwear for an overnighter there. Would you wear regular trailrunners that will be wet most of the time or would you get som...

In GEAR » Canyoneering shoe
May 05, 1:20pm

RAB
I was surprised to see that RAB's elite top bag had the highest loft/weight ratio.

In Editor's Roundtable » 2006 Unconventional Sleep Systems Manifesto
May 03, 7:35am

Re: Spring hike
At what water level would you consider a poncho/cape unsafe for crossing while wearing? A worst case scenario would be someone falling in water and drowning because they cannot get out of the ponch...

In GEAR » Spring hike
May 02, 8:56am

Re: What is the best torso length foam sleeping pad?
For closed cell foam, I'd say Gossamer Gear Nightlight, torso length at 3.5 oz.

In GEAR » What is the best torso length foam sleeping pad?
April 29, 5:39am

Re: A new pack/stuff sack
Where did you buy it? What price?

In GEAR » A new pack/stuff sack
April 28, 4:28pm

Re: Mitten Shell
Gram Weenie Vapor Barrier Socks / Mittens trailquest.net/dlgcgwsocks.html Silnylon shell mittens thepacka.com Buy two stuff sacks

In GEAR » Mitten Shell
April 27, 8:28am

Re: List of discount and closeout stores
www.northernmountain.com/killer.asp

In Gear Deals » List of discount and closeout stores
April 26, 7:09pm

Re: A good example of gear that doesn't work
I was wearing new Timberland Delerion Lows. The footbox does seem a little big. The hill I was walking sideways on was very steep. It was just something I noticed on my last trip where the socks an...

In GEAR » Gore Tex Socks - any comments/ review?
April 25, 7:47am

Re: Did somebody just get hacked?
Worries me for a hack job too. I can't imagine why they would name it that on their own just because people complained about it's purpose.

In GEAR » Did somebody just get hacked?
April 24, 9:24am

Re: Thermometer
What about an ibutton for the max/min and a simple analog key ring thermometer for checking the temp in the morning? www.ibutton.com

In GEAR » Thermometer
April 23, 9:28pm

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm