BPL Community Profile

eric chan (bearbreeder) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale eric chan hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me eric chan has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by eric chan

Showing 3511 - 3520 of 3985 | Page: 1 ...343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 ...399

Forum » Thread

warmth
youd need 100+ g/m of primaloft one to come close to the warmth of even a MB ex light down jacket id be happy with a patagonia micro puff or equivalent in most of canada down to autumn ;) and...

In GEAR » Cocoon insulated hoody vs Rab
November 03, 3:54pm

pants
you can definately find 16 oz pants with full zips my arcteryx SV full zip pants with goretex xcr weight 16 oz with no suspenders, and they have built in gaiters for pants i just go cheap and...

In GEAR » Raingear...
November 03, 3:37pm

climbers
there's a reason why so many climbers use jetboils and reactors ... maybe its all that high altitude killing out brain cells ;)

In GEAR » Your Thoughts On: Jet Boil Stove System
November 03, 3:32pm

heavy it is
you can find bags of similar weight for a tad more ... marmot arete 800 fill 680g $159, en rated to 43F MH Phantom 45, 800 fill, 480g, 185$, en rated to 32F MH ultralamina 45, 680g, syn, 135$...

In GEAR » Golite RS1 Quilt?
November 03, 3:27pm

youll be fine
if its nearer to freezing step it up to a cap 4 or r1 i recommend you carry a light synth puffay for when yr stopped or in camp ... carry an extra base layer on overnights and wring the wet one ...

In GEAR » Alternative gear for light to medium rain
November 03, 2:52pm

insulated jacket
60 g/m primaloft isnt all that warm ... prob not much more than a 200 wt fleece if yr gonna get synthetic for cold camp days, id step it up to 100g/m down vs. syn ... are you going to get you...

In GEAR » Cocoon insulated hoody vs Rab
November 03, 2:50pm

Yes
Make sure its ultra breathable fleece and super quick drying and not too thick so you dont overheat r1 style with grid pattern works great. and use a syn base layer

In GEAR » Alternative gear for light to medium rain
November 03, 1:24pm

Heavy
U can get an en rated 0c bag for the same weight ... Unless u really want a quilt

In GEAR » Golite RS1 Quilt?
November 03, 1:20pm

Deadbird
A big heavy arcteryx jacket ... But its bomber i need something lighter and packs smaller for alpine and summer ... Im either going to splurge an get event or get an el cheapo jacket on sale ...

In GEAR » Raingear...
November 03, 1:18pm

But it is
An important step to understanding the ultralight, or UL, concept is to realize that it's not all about expensive, space-age gear. try telling that to the peoplein the gear forum ;) lol

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » UL in the mainstream
November 03, 12:51pm

All Reader Reviews by eric chan

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
the key to using this jacket is to use it under a windshell or synthetic jacket like a nanopuff by itself the shell is fairly fragile, there are no pockets, there is no waist string ... however ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 30, 7:44pm