Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

eric chan (bearbreeder) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale eric chan hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me eric chan has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by eric chan

Showing 3511 - 3520 of 4051 | Page: 1 ...343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 ...406

Forum » Thread

usage
the question is how often will you be using the axe? ... like i said for your intended purpose id be fine with the nanotech ... chance are most of the time itll be on the pack anyways any axe sh...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Ice axe fitting
November 07, 5:55pm

jacket
1. a sub 100$ rain jacket ... youll find them on sale all over the place soon 2.i use a dead bird

In GEAR » Best mountaineering shell?
November 07, 5:43pm

fuzzay wuzzay beahs
thanks for the pics the top carry wouldnt be an issue for me ... as thats how i carry a 10 lb rope anyways ... i find that as long as the rope/canister is weight is close to yr body and over yr ...

In GEAR » HMG Windrider backpack
November 07, 1:31pm

light n cheap
something light and cheap ... chances are if its raining cats and dogs youll be descending ... and itll get shredded if its light anywyas or something durable and tough that youll wear more in t...

In GEAR » Best mountaineering shell?
November 07, 12:28pm

floor
the hold in hands till it hits the floor is generally the max length ... my rule is - hold in hand and it should come to the ankle .... max - hold in self arrest poistion diagonally across...

November 07, 12:04pm

variant
osprey variant 52 ... mountaneering/ski pack

In GEAR » Ski friendly pack recommendations?
November 07, 12:47am

use
what will you be using it for rick? ... what routes?

November 06, 11:03pm

corsa
the all aluminum corsa is a very specialized axe meant for moderate stuff, aluminum is not the most durable material for a pick id suggest the camp corsa nanotech with steel inserts at 250g ... ...

November 06, 10:19pm

SAR Vids
since there's no safety forum ... ill post these here some awesome vids of SAR whistler SAR rescues a skier .. click on full length http://www.knowledge.ca/program/callout-search-and-r...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » SAR Vids
November 06, 4:08pm

self arrest
the purpose of an axe will be to self arrest or self belay ... all other considerations are secondary practices with each axe to see which is faster and easier to get into an arrest position ...

November 06, 2:27pm

All Reader Reviews by eric chan

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
the key to using this jacket is to use it under a windshell or synthetic jacket like a nanopuff by itself the shell is fairly fragile, there are no pockets, there is no waist string ... however ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 30, 7:44pm