BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3501 - 3510 of 3682 | Page: 1 ...342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 ...369

Forum » Thread

Re: Features!
Chris, why is a rack not an option for the pack? Is it because of the narrow areas you will be riding? I wondered about using a pack while biking but the 10-15 pounds on my back putting more pressu...

In GEAR » MLD Prophet 20 or 30?
July 09, 2:41pm

Re: Achilles Heel
Zack, does that ankle brace stop "over" dorsiflexion, the cause of Ryan's injuries?

In Post-Trip Reports » Ryan's Journey
June 26, 11:25am

Re: Re: I just tried the Solomon Tech Amphibians
Has anybody ever experimented with spraying dwr on socks to lessen the water load and speed drying time? I plan to try that at some point and see what the effect is.

In GEAR » wet shoes
June 26, 7:27am

Re: Making a Tilley Hat Waterproof
Put a shower cap over the crown.

In GEAR » Making a Tilley Hat Waterproof
June 25, 8:13am

Re: ULA Arctic 1000 pack
Brian at ULA posted on arctic1000 site that you should email him if you are interested. He is considering making a small number if there is enough interest. I would like to see a version for a smal...

In GEAR » ULA Arctic 1000 pack
June 23, 4:04am

Congratulations winners!
nm

In Gear Lists » 2005 Backpacking Light Trip Planning Spreadsheet Contest Entries
June 09, 6:28am

Re: Re: Re: OP sacks on close-out.
Paul, it may very well have been the way I used those saks for my food. I used them alone with no covering and they just didn't last long nor did they stop some Big Sandy Lake (Wind River Mountains...

In GEAR » OP sacks on close-out.
June 09, 6:25am

Re: OP sacks on close-out.
I was not impressed with the OP saks and would not use them again.

In GEAR » OP sacks on close-out.
June 08, 6:07am

Re: Foldable Blue Foam Sleeping Pad/Pack Support at 5oz.
Or use velcro. http://www.gossamergear.com/gossamergear/images/Nightlight_torso_mods.pdf

In Make Your Own Gear » Foldable Blue Foam Sleeping Pad/Pack Support at 5oz.
June 02, 7:54am

Re: gaiters & instep straps
There is a cottage company who makes a gaiter that does not have instep cords. I will have to track down the name and website. Found it.... http://simblissity.net/levagaiter.htm

In GEAR » Gaiter Instep Strap
June 02, 7:52am

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm