BPL Community Profile

Nick Larsen (stingray4540) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale South Bay
About Me Nick Larsen has not added a biography yet.
StateCalifornia
My PDF Gear ListGearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Larsen

Showing 351 - 360 of 361 | Page: 1 ...18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Nice kicks!
Neatsfoot oil, and Mink oil are good for keeping the leather conditioned and soft, and is usually one of the main ingredients of wax based waterproofing. However, by itself, it doesn't offer ...

In Make Your Own Gear » My perfect homemade shoes
March 24, 4:45pm

Nice kicks!
Awesome! I've always wanted to try simple shoes like that. Where did you get the outer and inner soling? How did you figure out the pattern? TIP: Treat them with beeswax! "Sno-Seal"...

In Make Your Own Gear » My perfect homemade shoes
March 24, 2:18pm

let her decide that
If you live near an REI take her in there and let her walk around with different packs with the max weight you think she will carry. What one woman likes, may be severely uncomfortable for anoth...

In GEAR » What size backpack for my Wife?
March 23, 11:36am

Rocky soil?
Any one have experience with this "type" of stake in rocky soil? A lot of my hiking is in the Sierra's were the soil tends to be a mix of crumbled granite, granite rocks and the occas...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Carbon Fiber stakes
March 23, 9:24am

Re: nice list!
Thanks! Bug shelter - Wife wouldn't allow it, lol Jacket - this is an insulation layer, not an outer shell, so I kinda need it. The E poncho is for the rain. Filter: What do you mean &qu...

In Gear Lists » 3 season Sierra's.
March 20, 8:54pm

re
Awesome, thats the kinda info I need. Thanks! Yeah, leaving the camera home isn't an option, and I'm not sure if I can wait for chemical treatment, or can handle the taste. I haven't...

March 20, 4:50pm

Re
Sorry, I suppose I should have made it clear that this is for two people(wife and I), so we won't be going to a poncho tarp, and certain things like TP, etc. are for both people. I appreciate ...

March 20, 3:23pm

3 season Sierra's.
Well, I've finally got my DREAM list together. Gett'n a small bonus, so why not blow the whole load in one shot? Anyways, I was shooting for a 6lb base weight, but I kinda hit a wall. It...

March 20, 12:27pm

RE
Well, I'm in the same boat, and I've been working on a dream list to get my gear weight down. After about a year of researching, I think I've got it figured out. 2 person shelter - z...

In GEAR » UL gear switch HELPP
March 20, 12:19pm

six moons haven?
Well, I'm in the market for the same thing! I've been looking between the tarptent, MLD, six moons, etc. and I think I finally found exactly what I'm looking for. The six moons de...

In GEAR » Please recommend a tent
May 21, 3:53pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Larsen

Nick Larsen has posted no reviews.