BPL Community Profile

Nick Larsen (stingray4540) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale South Bay
About Me Nick Larsen has not added a biography yet.
StateCalifornia
My PDF Gear ListGearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Larsen

Showing 351 - 360 of 375 | Page: 1 ...19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

Forum » Thread

auto glass repair
I thought I remembered someone mentioning auto glass repair stuff for seam sealing. Could that stuff be used for cuben? Or was that for silnylon only?

In GEAR » Cuben fabric
April 11, 2:13pm

under your feet
I use a short sleeping pad, and put my pack under my feet as others have suggested. This way it becomes multiple use gear so I can save weight on my sleeping pad.

In Philosophy & Technique » where to put the pack at night?
April 10, 8:56pm

lightest mesh for backpacks?
I have an UL backpack design in mind that uses mesh for the shoulder straps and hipbelt, as well as a backpanel that will be under high tension. So, what is the lightest mesh I can use that can ...

In Make Your Own Gear » lightest mesh for backpacks?
April 10, 8:50pm

Re: Recommend a goo knife?
Wear it around your neck or on your belt then the weight isn't as big of a concern. Forget about the saw, unless you carry a full size buck saw, a 3-4" knife will be able to cut better/...

In GEAR » Recommend a goo knife?
April 08, 5:29pm

Re: Banished to the tent?
They think it's punishment, but really it's like camping. Shhh, don't let out our secret...

In Make Your Own Gear » Carpet Stakes
April 08, 9:14am

re
Ok, thanks! Every once in a while I think I have this great idea, so I just need someone to bring me down to earth...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bamboo bear can?
April 06, 6:00am

Bamboo bear can?
Anyone know what the weight difference of bamboo to carbon fiber would be? Would bamboo be strong enough? I was just thinking, if you drilled out a 9" piece of bamboo and sanded the outside...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bamboo bear can?
April 05, 6:32pm

Bags don't melt?
You guys are just using regular ziploc freezer bags? The boiling water doesn't melt them? What is the weight savings of a 1quart ziploc to a MH bag?

In GEAR » Weight of mountain house 2 serving bag ?
April 04, 12:52pm

R value?
Awesome, I like this! I wonder how much this would add to the effective R value? Is the weight listed for two pieces(top of and under pad) or just one piece on top of pad?

In Make Your Own Gear » DIY increasing sleeping pad R-value
March 30, 12:44pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: DIY water bladder, were to get caps?
Thanks, but I'm looking for the OTHER side. The male side that you attach to the actual bladder. I'm trying to make my own bladder... I wonder if your end would fit on something like thi...

In Make Your Own Gear » DIY water bladder, were to get caps?
March 27, 10:47am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Larsen

Nick Larsen has posted no reviews.