BPL Community Profile

Rick M (rmjapan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Tokyo, Japan
About Me Rick M has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rick M

Showing 351 - 360 of 1006 | Page: 1 ...27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ...101

Forum » Thread

Re: Stove in use at -30 C (-20 F)
At such -30C extreme cold, does one still follow the standard procedure of starting the stove with the canister upright and then inverting it after a minute or so once the preheat tube gets hot?

In Editor's Roundtable » The Evolution of a Winter Stove - Part 3
December 06, 5:36pm

Re: Re: whew
If Ryan's measurements (thanks again Ryan!) are accurate I am a little bummed, especially since actually having worn a Large I felt encouraged the XL would be closer to the EB sizing chart for ...

In Gear Deals » EB Downlight 50 Jacket $63!
December 05, 6:22pm

Re: Yeti Torre II
An easy way to ballpark a static temp rating is to think of your jacket as ~40% of a full hooded sleeping bag. So with a ~345g down in a jacket, you can expect this to be similar to a sleeping bag ...

In GEAR » Warm downjacket for the "waiting time" (photographer)
December 05, 4:50pm

Re: microspike, crampon suggestions.
Hillsound Trail Crampons.

In GEAR » microspike, crampon suggestions.
December 05, 7:48am

Re: Jacket Selection
Probably not. 5oz of down is typically a static 15F rating at best. You will need 8-10z of down torso coverage at static 0F and about half that for your legs and some down mitts too.

In Winter Hiking » Jacket Selection
December 04, 6:25pm

Re: Re: EB Downlight 50 Jacket $63!
Ryan, would you mind measuring the center back and sleeve length of your XL/Tall? Measure the back from the bottom center of the collar where it meets the jacket and the outstretched sleeve length ...

In Gear Deals » EB Downlight 50 Jacket $63!
December 04, 3:05pm

Re: Re: Lightweight, hooded long sleeve shirt options?
As a point of reference, my Patagonia LW Sun Hoody XL weighs 305g vs. 275g for the Rab Boreas XL. Fabric weight works out to be 166g/m2 vs. 131g/m2 for the Boreas.

In GEAR » Lightweight, hooded long sleeve shirt options?
December 03, 8:37pm

Re: Lightweight, hooded long sleeve shirt options?
The only LW merino that dries quick enough is 120wt. Even 150wt holds too much sweat in cooler temps and worse, transfers that dampness to anything I layer over it. Don't buy into the warm when...

In GEAR » Lightweight, hooded long sleeve shirt options?
December 03, 4:24pm

Re: Looks awesome!
I have seen this jacket and would guesstimate it has less than 4oz of down. Very pricey when you compare it to the Golite Bitteroot.

In GEAR » Marmot Quasar Hoody -- ultralight down
December 03, 4:08pm

Re: RE Fitness Monitors
These activity monitors like the Fitbit Zip remind of a toy that was all the rage in Japan in the 1990's called Tamagochi, e.g. practically usless, attention demanding, gameplay. Seems even the...

In GEAR » Fitness Monitors?
December 02, 2:27am

All Reader Reviews by Rick M

Rick M has posted no reviews.