BPL Community Profile

Rick M (rmjapan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Tokyo, Japan
About Me Rick M has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rick M

Showing 351 - 360 of 985 | Page: 1 ...27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ...99

Forum » Thread

Re: EB Downlight 50 Jacket $63!
To those fortunate enough to snag one of these EB Downlight 50 jackets, do not fret. I went to the EB Tokyo flagship store to pic up a matching FP900 beanie. This jacket is busting out with FP900 l...

In Gear Deals » EB Downlight 50 Jacket $63!
November 27, 2:21am

Re: Re: Polartec PowerShield
Wow. Controversy over the Knifeblade here on BPL! Who'd thunk it?! hwc, sounds like your Winter conditions are pretty mild. In contrast, Winter to me means -10C or 14F or lower at ~2000m wit...

In GEAR » Winter hiking pants
November 26, 4:00pm

Re: Oxiclean vs. One Step.
It appears to me that Oxiclean (~$10/5lbs) and One Step (~$34/5lbs) are basically the same product. They both produce primarily oxygen and soda ash as "scrubbers" when mixed with water. ...

In GEAR » Ultralight Hard Bottle?
November 25, 9:59pm

Re: Re: Nalgene cleaning
I put a little Oxiclean in my Nalgene containers and add hot water. Give it a shake to dissolve and let sit for 48hrs to remove stains. Probably the same affect as using bleach but without the stro...

November 25, 7:30pm

Re: Great jacket & beanie
Yeah, I had to rub my eyes when I saw it was cheaper than the standard Downlight. I needed another puffy jacket like I need a hole in the head, and I am worried about it being too short and don'...

November 25, 6:25pm

Re: microfleece OR grid fleece hoody
Microfleece is not the same as an R1-like grid fleece. I do not think they coexist Montbell makes a very nice 100wt fleece parka that is better for hiking than the R1. http://www.montbell.us/...

In GEAR » microgrid fleece hoody
November 25, 5:08pm

Re: Re: Re: This one does it for me...
Piper, you probably saw your friend with the Montbell O.D.Compact Dripper, a simple pour over filter that uses chopsticks for support over the mug.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Making a Cup from Ground Coffee
November 25, 4:39pm

Re: Winter hiking pants
Currently using Patagonia Simple Guide. Would luv to try their new Knifeblade pants. Any pants with Schoeller Dryskin is a good choice too.

In GEAR » Winter hiking pants
November 25, 3:56pm

Re: Re: Re: Hunersdorff Wide Mouth
Philip Werner aka SectionHiker sez " I've been filling Hunnersdorf wide mouth bottles for years with boiling water and I haven't spawned any mutant children yet! Why do you think they&...

November 25, 3:35pm

Re: Re: EB Downlight 50 Jacket $63!
Eddie Bauer online. Went fast. Looks like only Tall XL and XXL remaining. If there is a store near you that stocks it, you can get 40% OFF.

November 25, 8:09am

All Reader Reviews by Rick M

Rick M has posted no reviews.