BPL Community Profile

Rick M (rmjapan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale London, UK
About Me Rick M has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rick M

Showing 351 - 360 of 1018 | Page: 1 ...27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ...102

Forum » Thread

Re: Looking for new Zero Drop Shoes
No experience with them yet, but it seems Made in the USA Golite Footware is coming out with some compelling ULW trail shoes that might meet your needs. http://www.golitefootwear.com/mens-summit...

In GEAR » New Shoes
December 15, 12:04am

Re: Long-Long-Long Term Test: Smartwool Long Johns
Smartwool has a lifetime satisfaction guarantee. Download and fill out the Returns form from the Smartwool website and send them back. They will probably send you a new piece. It worked for me with...

In GEAR » Long-Long-Long Term Test: Smartwool Long Johns
December 12, 4:14pm

Re: Re: Five ten guide tennie approach shoes 35$
Thanks Eric. I've been keen to try these out. Not often one can buy a company's flagship product at such a large discount.

In Gear Deals » Five ten guide tennie approach shoes 35$
December 12, 6:25am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Neat!
I tried the water trick last winter by placing a SP 110g canister in an aluminum foil pan that I saved from a takeout order. It worked fine when the canister was new. But by the 3rd day it did not ...

In Philosophy & Technique » cold weather performance upright canister
December 09, 6:30pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Scorched Titanium?
Was the snow a little yellow? ;-)

In GEAR » Scorched Titanium?
December 09, 5:57pm

Re: Eddie Bauer Peak XV specs
I saw one here in Tokyo last season and was not impressed with the fill. Seemed less puffy than Montbell's expedition jacket. Maybe it was the "heavy" shell fabric. But I also assumed...

In GEAR » Eddie Bauer Peak XV specs
December 09, 5:41pm

Re: peak 15
IF it helps you resist, IIRC it was ~$180 during the Downlight 50 sale a few weeks ago ;-)

In Gear Deals » eddie bauer
December 09, 8:21am

Re: consider montbell
Yeah in a 0F bag, a Montbell is a no-brainer. Climbing into a Montbell UL SS#0 is the closest thing to the sleeping comfort you get at home under big down quilt. Any other brand is like being strap...

In GEAR » 0F Sleeping Bags
December 08, 1:02am

Re: Considerations.....FF Volant
Since you already have some experience with Montbell and it's fit, I suggest the MB Permafrost which was made for wet/windy/extreme cold condition we experience on the Sea of Japan and seems si...

In Winter Hiking » Jacket Selection
December 07, 6:32pm

Re: Re: Re: Synthetic degradation question
If the total loft measured from the floor to the top of the zipped up bag is only 4" that's ~35F.

In GEAR » Synthetic degradation question
December 07, 6:12pm

All Reader Reviews by Rick M

Rick M has posted no reviews.