BPL Community Profile

Rick M (rmjapan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Tokyo, Japan
About Me Rick M has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rick M

Showing 351 - 360 of 935 | Page: 1 ...27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ...94

Forum » Thread

Re: Golite roan
Steve, you will most likely never have wear so many layers. I consider a good midlayer in this scenario to be either 100wt fleece, midweight merino zip neck top, or a lined windshirt like the Marmo...

In GEAR » Vest for underneath arcteryx atom lt hoody
October 30, 7:43am

Re: Go lite
Steve, like Eric I layer the Nanopuff P/O over the MB EX Light down jacket. The EX Light size XL is a trim fit while the Nanopuff is more boxy, also in XL. Besides the better fit, layering synth ov...

October 30, 5:53am

Re: maybe the BR Cirro-Extreme?
Steve, sorry if my down suggestion distracted you from you quest. Maybe look at the Brooks Range Cirro Extreme. I actually bought one on impulse from REI while I was in the USA during the July 4...

October 30, 3:27am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Info
Eric, pretty sure we are on the same page with the layering. Nothing "wrong" with layering a synth over any vest. It may even the optimal solution. Or maybe not. Clothing choice is just t...

October 30, 12:55am

Re: Re: Re: Info
No insults Eric and I don't want to get into one of those tit-for-tat debates. But you do seem to make lots FUD-inducing posts. That's obvious to many here I think. Yes, folks get their ...

October 30, 12:03am

Re: Info
Eric certainly likes to dwell on the FUD of being "exposed" to nature. Judging by his countless BPL posts on bears, lost hikers, hiking/climbing/avi accidents, etc., I wonder how he even ...

October 29, 10:37pm

Re: Re: down
The 2012 Montbell Alpine Light Down Parka is on their Web Special for $120. A lightweight classic but little short in the torso for some folks. http://www.montbell.us/products/disp.php?cat_id=12...

October 29, 8:25pm

Re: Re: down
Steve, don't be overly paranoid about wearing down in LIGHT rain/sleet/snow. The jacket's DWR coated outer fabric can easily shed it for short periods. Endurance coating actually meets a wa...

October 29, 7:21pm

Re: WT hooded sweater
Steve, if you don't plan on extended hiking in cold weather and just want something to keep you warm around camping then I would go directly to down parka. Once you start looking at synth 100g ...

October 29, 4:17pm

Re: Re: Mountain Hardwear DryQ Elite guarantee
Welded seams are sometimes used on the highend WPB jackets to reduce weight.

In GEAR » Mountain Hardwear DryQ Elite guarantee
October 27, 6:02pm

All Reader Reviews by Rick M

Rick M has posted no reviews.