BPL Community Profile

Steve . (pappekak) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Tralfamadore
About Me Steve . has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List3-Season in Rocky Mountains (2010)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steve .

Showing 351 - 360 of 513 | Page: 1 ...27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ...52

Forum » Thread

Re: My Atom is overweight as well...
Since the Atom has a partial zipper vs. the Western Mountaineering Summerlite, the Summerlite is fully baffled vs Atom's sewn through construction, and the two bags have about the same loft I ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Marmot Atom Sleeping Bag REVIEW
March 21, 9:26am

Re: Re: re: ocd in herding dogs
This is what is referred to as an Australian Shepherd in the states. The naming is just to confuse you Aussies :)

In Philosophy & Technique » Backpacking w/ dog?
March 20, 10:17pm

Re: Re: RBH VB Sock VS. Serius Stormsock as VB
Jhaura, I have the same problem with my feet (and hands). Darn Tough socks work the best for me. Darn Tough has a sock just above the ankle that would be lighter than the 3.7 ounce high top sock.

In GEAR » RBH VB Sock VS. Serius Stormsock as VB
March 20, 10:57am

The Ray-Way or the Highway
Interesting reading: http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:Bb2zetDeU5IJ:www.knowlite.com/about/ray_point_by_point.pdf+golite+Jardine+letter&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=8&gl=us&client=fir...

In GEAR » Why are the Ray Jardine books so expensive?
March 20, 10:24am

Montrail Hardrocks... $63
http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?storeId=8001&catalogId=40000008001&productId=48139633&parent_category_rn=22000374&vcat=REI_SEARCH

In Gear Deals » Montrail Hardrocks... $63
March 19, 9:45pm

Re: Re: Backpacking w/ dog?
One thing I have heard about them is that they want to please so much that they will literally work themselves to death. I think that is the breed My friend's Blue Heeler is like that. If y...

March 19, 8:36pm

Re: Conditioning your dog
I guess I didn't phrase my post very well. Walking the dog on the concrete is a way to condition the pads for hiking. The block I used to take our dogs on to condition their pads was about .6...

March 19, 6:19pm

Re: The great global warming swindle and Al Gore
it's more like asking dangerous questions that threaten the collapse of the theory behind global warming. Questions, incidentally, that should be welcomed as an opportunity to prove the scie...

In Philosophy & Technique » I like nature- I am a dirty, crunchy, organic-eating, bike-riding hippie.
March 15, 7:30pm

Re: Re: Re: Feathered Friends Hyperion Jacket
Thanks Don. The jacket no longer comes in Pertex but has a "Flite" option. Is anyone familar with Flite material? I've never heard of it.

In GEAR » 05 Thermawrap vest vs. 07 Thermawrap vest
March 15, 5:49pm

Re: Feathered Friends Hyperion Jacket
Rich, thanks for the link. I'll take a look. One of the attractive things about the MB, aside from me being able to try one on locally, is that the shell is 30 denier Ballistic. And for $1...

In GEAR » 05 Thermawrap vest vs. 07 Thermawrap vest
March 15, 5:12pm

All Reader Reviews by Steve .

Showing 1 - 10 of 10 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Driducks rainsuit
Tested: - size: small - jacket weight: 5.5 oz - pants weight: 4.4 oz Pro: - price - weight - functionality Con: - fragile - zipper Having used Driducks for 2 years in ...

In Clothing - Raingear
October 28, 11:15am

Darn Tough Vermont Socks Customer Service
Had a small hole form on the ankle of one of my Darn Tough Full Cushion Boot socks that I use mostly for fishing. Surprising since I have a pair of Micro Cushions that I have hiked the heck out of wi...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 30, 10:44am

Backcountry.com
Learned about BackCountry.com here and have dealt with their customer service twice. First time I purchased a Granite Gear Vapor Trail on sale and the waist belt was out of spec - this true for all...

October 30, 10:31am

Granite Gear Vapor Trail
Overall a nice pack with the exception of the huge extension collar and the fact that the Men's Medium waist belt length significantly differs from what Granite Gear says it is. Granite Gear sp...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
May 09, 9:43am

Sahalie Men's Ultralight Tights
I ordered a pair of the Sahalie's Men's Ultralight Tights (medium, 1.8 oz) and the siz...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 28, 3:49pm

Inova Microlight
Last summer I lost a Photon that had faithfully served me for several years and hav...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
March 03, 3:40pm

Jim Wood SuperCat
Although I haven't used it in the field yet it works great in the house. Brings 2 cups of cold tap water to a rolling boil in about 6 minutes (prime: 1 minute; cook 5 minutes) using less than 1oz...

In Stoves - Alcohol
January 30, 7:57pm

TarpTent
Ordered a Contrail during the holiday sale. Followed up with an email asking for some scrap material. Communication was great. Order was perfect. Delivery exceeded expectations. If the tent i...

December 28, 1:53pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
Lighten Up is an entertaining introduction to lightweight backpacking. Lots of good material for the beginner and a nice review for experienced lightweighters. The illustrations really make the book...

In Books and Media
December 27, 4:44pm

Mont Bell
13 years ago I purchased a lightweight Montbell Parka. It served me well until the Gortex started to delaminate this year. I called the Boulder office hoping to find a place to have it repaired. Th...

November 29, 10:50pm