BPL Community Profile

Nicholas Truax (nicktruax) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Montanada
About Me Nicholas Truax has not added a biography yet.
StateMontana
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://nicktruax.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nicholas Truax

Showing 351 - 360 of 360 | Page: 1 ...17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

Forum » Thread

Thanks guys
Thank you both, I appreciate the info. I'll check out Steve's website as well. Jay- would you let me know how your system on the Trinty trip works out? Enjoy the mountains, I used to l...

In GEAR » GG thinlite with neo air for winter
October 03, 11:39pm

Still works-thanks!
It worked 10/03. Muchos gracias, it saves me from impulse buying single issues each year.

In Gear Deals » 1 Yr of Backpacker Magazine for $3.99
October 03, 11:28pm

GG thinlite with neo air for winter
I was wondering if anyone had winter (on snow) field use and feedback with the combo of a full length thinlite and a neo air. I currently have a med neo and was wondering whether to get the 1/8&qu...

In GEAR » GG thinlite with neo air for winter
October 03, 10:53pm

SOLD
FS: womens MH Typhoon gtx paclite size XS. Like new. ~11.3 oz. Color is lt blue/grey. shipped for $60 SOLD

In Gear Swap » FS: Closet Cleaning Sale!!!
October 03, 4:14pm

Reasonable offers not refused!
Bump. BTW Marmot Flurry and Merrell fluid are black.

October 02, 10:21pm

FS: Just Marmot Parka remaining, any takers?
All items inc CONUS shipping. Paypal. All items like new, used a couple times each. (Exception is trekking poles with tips scratched up-still only lightly used though). No smoking/ no pet house...

October 02, 9:41pm

re: wtb ul windshirt
PM sent

In Gear Swap » WTB: Ultralight wind shirt
September 23, 2:58pm

Field use of neoair size med/ side sleepers
Ive had my med sized neoair for about 2 weeks of backcountry use in Deschutes NF , east of the Sawtooth in Boise NF, Craters of the Moon NM and now in the Bridger-Teton NF. Actually, both my lady ...

In GEAR » Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Pads
May 05, 9:26pm

RE: 2009 Golite jam2 sewing issues
Well, after much hemming and hawing, I re-purchased the 2009 Golite Jam and preemptively bar tacked the shoulder straps at all four corners. The pack fits and carries well despite the sewing issue...

In GEAR » GoLite 2009 Jam2 changes
March 15, 4:57pm

2009 shoulder straps poorly attached
I have recently purchased my second 2009 jam2 and on both of em, the shoulder straps have been poorly sewn. With a base weight of approximately 10 lbs (+/- 1.5 lb)in both, with 6 to 9 lbs of food ...

In GEAR » GoLite 2009 Jam2 changes
February 25, 8:01pm

All Reader Reviews by Nicholas Truax

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
MB just barely missed the mark w/this one. What is nearly a perfect rendition of the UL jacket, is missing some sort of waist hem retention. Whether it is an UL drawcord hem or elastic (like on the ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
July 19, 10:37pm

GoLite GoLite customer service
I've had better.. Long story, but Golite did eventually (kind-of) resolve the issue, after much prodding on my part.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 01, 7:30pm

WL Gore & Associates WL Gore & Associates
Similar to Patrick's prior experience with WL Gore's CS, I too have been the beneficiary of new gear thanks to their prompt and courteous service. No complaints here on two occasions. Good...

July 01, 7:25pm

Pro Lite Gear customer service
I have been a long-time customer and can say nothing but good things about the customer service at ProLite Gear. I am posting this in thanks to them and their excellent service.

July 01, 7:16pm

Mammut Lucido TXLite
4.5/5 This would be my actual rating due to its unregulated nature, but I'll bump it up since most headlamps of its kind fall into this category. Super bright and long lasting with 3AAA'...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
January 28, 9:00pm

ULA Circuit
Pretty much amazing. I've carried this pack through multiple states and its a champion. A bit heavier than some other ul packs but carries like a champ from 15 to 25ish lbs. Volume may be a b...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
September 18, 10:02pm

Probar Energy Bar
I'd truly give a 4.5/5 just due to the high price. Well, they say you get what you pay for. And this is true with probar. They've been my staple (Art's OG, Superfood, and Berry) for a ...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
September 17, 5:29pm

MSR Mini Titan Cookset
Been using the titan 1.5L w/out its partnered 1 L for about 6 months now on dozens of trips w/out a complaint. Its cooks for two just fine as well as being large enough for melting snow. The 1.5L ...

In Cookware - Titanium
September 17, 5:11pm