BPL Community Profile

Leigh Baker (leighb) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Northeast Texas Pineywoods
About Me Nearly 60,but in better shape than at 40! Always hiked, love the outdoors and nature. Started backpacking just over 3 yrs. ago,fortunately began UL thanks to BPL. Also an avid paddler,and special education teacher.
My PDF Gear ListEarly Fall/Late Spring weekend list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Leigh Baker

Showing 351 - 360 of 461 | Page: 1 ...27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Forum » Thread

re: whoopie slings
Have you been to the Hammock Forums? There are lots of resources there, including videos. Try a search and you should come up with all kinds of info.....probably more than you want :)

In Hammocks » whoopie slings....
June 02, 6:50pm

re: poles
Douglas says "You do realize that you're not supposed to actually jab the poles into your knees, right?" LOL! It's a good thing I wasn't eating when I read that! There'...

In GEAR » trekking poles and knees...
May 31, 3:29pm

Perfect!!!
Thanks guys!!! Just ordered a set!

In Gear Swap » WTB ti shepard hook stakes
May 29, 5:44am

WTB ti shepard hook stakes
Does anyone want to get rid of a half dozen ti stakes? I refuse to pay $10 for shipping on something so light, which is for the most part what I'm finding. I have Y stakes I use for most of the...

In Gear Swap » WTB ti shepard hook stakes
May 28, 9:27am

SOLD MLD Solo Inner Net
Brand new. Silnylon floor. $130.00 + ship. Paypal

In Gear Swap » FS MLD Solo Inner Net
May 28, 8:34am

re:
^^ your correct they never made a bottom in the merino 1 Well that explains it! I wish they did. I love the merino 1 top, and my merino 2's are too warm for spring. Thanks for the tips, gues...

In GEAR » recommend baselayer equal to merino one
May 25, 4:24am

re: Pecos
Green chili beer, well I like just about anything with green chili so sounds like I need to make a pit stop there:D I have to confess part of the draw, besides it being way cooler summer temps th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New Mexico
May 24, 5:05pm

re: where
Joe,I'm considering either going back to the Pecos Wilderness, was there early last June or maybe around Cuba, haven't been there. Any suggestions? I've read the southern areas are expe...

May 23, 4:56am

New Mexico
I have the option of going to northern NM either the second week of June, or mid-July. I know rain is always possible, but am I correct in thinking that June will theoretically have less afternoon...

May 22, 3:44pm

thanks Debbie
of course!! I'd completely forgotten that :D It's the first pad I've had made like that. I'd slept with the Summerlite once before, but in my car on a colder night, and it seemed ...

In GEAR » What is the best sleeping pad? Maybe Peak Elite AC?
May 22, 11:22am

All Reader Reviews by Leigh Baker

Leigh Baker has posted no reviews.