BPL Community Profile

Leigh Baker (leighb) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Northeast Texas Pineywoods
About Me Nearly 60,but in better shape than at 40! Always hiked, love the outdoors and nature. Started backpacking just over 3 yrs. ago,fortunately began UL thanks to BPL. Also an avid paddler,and special education teacher.
My PDF Gear ListEarly Fall/Late Spring weekend list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Leigh Baker

Showing 351 - 360 of 452 | Page: 1 ...27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Forum » Thread

thanks Debbie
of course!! I'd completely forgotten that :D It's the first pad I've had made like that. I'd slept with the Summerlite once before, but in my car on a colder night, and it seemed ...

In GEAR » What is the best sleeping pad? Maybe Peak Elite AC?
May 22, 11:22am

re: POE Peak Elite AC
I used mine last weekend where the night temps were around 45* and I ended up adding a baselayer and my driducks to my hiking clothes. I was using a WM Summerlite bag that I bought from the gear sw...

In GEAR » What is the best sleeping pad? Maybe Peak Elite AC?
May 22, 10:44am

recommend baselayer equal to merino one
I can't find a pair of merino one bottoms anywhere. I have a top and really like it. Can anyone recommend an equivalent? Thanks

In GEAR » recommend baselayer equal to merino one
May 22, 9:01am

Michigan
Great report! I'm taking my first ever trip to Michigan in a few weeks to visit and paddle with friends. I hope we get to hike some as well. Thanks for sharing, and I love your sense of humor!

In Post-Trip Reports » SUL on the Shipwreck Coast
May 21, 4:38pm

WTB womens Merino One bottoms
size med. Only interested in the Ones, not the twos,(have those already) Thanks, Leigh

In Gear Swap » WTB womens Merino One bottoms
May 13, 4:32am

Thanks!
I was in a hurry to get out the door yesterday when I posted, and forgot to mention that I spray all my gear with permethrin. Polyester to me is really hot,nylon seems better, but was hoping to fin...

In GEAR » Best summer shirt bang for buck?
May 05, 5:05am

Best summer shirt bang for buck?
I want a light weight,cool long-sleeved shirt for summer hiking (CO,NM,AR) for sun/bug protection as well as in case I brush up against poison oak/ivy. I'm looking at RR Eco Mesh, do they ever ...

In GEAR » Best summer shirt bang for buck?
May 04, 5:45am

I got the same message
and I'm a hammock forum member. Is it possible it's a post in the donating members only?

In Philosophy & Technique » Laughing at ourselves
May 02, 4:57pm

re: spring Tom
Wow, that's cool!

In Photo Gallery » Spring Tom
April 29, 4:15pm

Thanks everyone
Ginger that's a great find! I was in SW AR last weekend and the humidity was so high that even taking my notepad out of a baggie in camp it was damp! Doug, I actually was a member until just...

In Make Your Own Gear » Want a source for waterproof paper for journal
April 28, 5:29pm

All Reader Reviews by Leigh Baker

Leigh Baker has posted no reviews.