BPL Community Profile

christopher smead (hamsterfish) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale hamsterfish
About Me part hamster, part fish
http://youtu.be/w5TcasqkS1I
CitySan Jose
StateCA
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by christopher smead

Showing 351 - 360 of 556 | Page: 1 ...27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ...56

Forum » Thread

Hawk Vittles?
I was looking at that Hawk Vittles. Everything sounds great, I love the fact that there's more backpacking food suppliers entering the market. I am however concerned with the iron content of ...

In GEAR » Backpacking food
May 07, 11:37pm

Yeah not super cheap
Agreed. $5 might be a bit much to save maybe 7 grams. But why the heck not ;)

In GEAR » Ultralight tinder?
May 07, 12:34am

Ultralight tinder?
Found these at rei: http://www.rei.com/product/838475/zippo-waxed-tinder-sticks Tiny little guys, and lighter than cotton balls and petroleum jelly. Not sure how well they burn yet, will test ...

In GEAR » Ultralight tinder?
May 07, 12:13am

Lightest 10 day stove
Hi there, I've got a fun challenge. What is the lightest fuel powered (alcohol, butane, esbit, etc.) stove setup for 10 days assuming 1/2 liter is boiled twice a day. Assume 3 seasons, and 7 ...

In GEAR » Lightest 10 day stove
May 06, 11:44am

Yep
Im in the same boat. I just ordered a pair of the sportiva wildcat Gtx from rei, but I'm not convinced they are light enough. I figured I can always return them to rei if they don't work....

In GEAR » Footwear for JMT
May 05, 11:56pm

Got my montbel versalitel rain pants today!
Got my versalite pants today! 3.65 oz with the stuff sack for a medium according to my kitchen scale. Fit is perfect for me (I normally wear 32x30 pants) Very minimalist. No pockets or zippe...

In GEAR » 3.2 oz rain pants from montbell now available
May 03, 12:49am

Yep!
The cost plus versions I think taste great and are more cost efficient. :). One thing I do enjoy about the stinger version is that there's 3 different flavors (honey, strawberry, and vanilla).

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Stroopwaffles
May 03, 12:37am

Not sure about all the options
But I know WM quality is amazing. My WM versalite is over 6 years old, heavily used, and still looks and performs brand new.

In GEAR » WM UltraLite vs. Marmot Helium 15 vs. MH Phantom 15
April 30, 9:29am

great all the way around
One of the things I love most about backpacking is that it's fun to plan for, fun to be out there, and then fun to come home and enjoy luxuries like a hot shower, pillow top mattress, Tivo, a c...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Post trip depression
April 27, 3:51pm

I have a dumb question
How would coconut oil taste in mountain house? You can tell I'm not the best cook here. ;) I literally have made my wife dinner by microwaving a tv dinner and then putting it on plate with a ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Highest calorie per ounce Freeze dried meal?
April 26, 6:41pm

All Reader Reviews by christopher smead

christopher smead has posted no reviews.