BPL Community Profile

Jeremy Gustafson (gustafsj) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Minneapolis
About Me Grew up family car/boat camping and then Boundary Waters camping starting in my teen years and into upper 20s. Took up backpacking around 30 and in 2006 started having knee problems which quickly put me down the road to lightweight backpacking... the transition is still ongoing and obsessively addictive even though I have pretty much resolved my knee problems.
Cityminneapolis
Statemn
Countryusa
My Website URLhttp://treklightly.blogspot.com
My PDF Gear ListGear List - 3 day - Minus 20F

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeremy Gustafson

Showing 351 - 360 of 406 | Page: 1 ...22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

Forum » Thread

MPLS - any others to invite?
Did anyone invite Tim Marshall? http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/profile.html?u=MarshLaw303 I've seen his name in a lot of the MYOG threads...

In Chaff » Many Minneapolis-Area BPLers--let's meet!
February 24, 11:36am

Re: Gov. Knowles Forest
Has anyone else hiked along the St. Croix in Gov. Knowles Forest? A friend of mine and his daughter hiked it last summer and spent an hour in the evening picking off wood ticks. They said the tra...

February 24, 8:39am

Re: Re: minneapolis
I am going to have to wait until the next one. That's just too much of a bite out of our budget right now. Let's keep this list of names running and I will definitely shoot to make the ...

February 24, 7:40am

re: minneapolis bplers...
just wondering what kind of money we are talking for a fogo de chao evening out... just wondering how many meals I need to skip prior to then (to save up money) to be able to convince my wife that ...

February 22, 9:08pm

RE: best sub 5 lb 2 man tent for under $100
I bet if you post something in the gear swap section as a WTB - Wanted To Buy, someone would give you an offer on some used equipment that matches your criteria. It'd be worth a try...

In GEAR » best sub 5 lb 2 man tent for under $100
February 22, 8:52pm

montane retailer
I'll second agoraphilia. I just bought a wind shirt from them and shipping was only about $5 from the UK. Very reasonable and very helpful customer service. I had questions about sizing and ...

In GEAR » Montane retailer for US buyers??
February 22, 8:46pm

re: mpls
replying from my phone, hope this works... this is aa great idea!! Matt and I got together for lunch a few weeks ago, and it would be great to meet everyone else! mar 1 or mar 8 work for me... ...

February 22, 8:52am

RE: Ridgerest in winter
I personally got by with a Z-rest recently with low temps 25F-35F for two nights and was fine. I had a 32F bag with my down jacket draped over me for reference. I'm really not sure how I got ...

In Winter Hiking » Ridgerest in winter
February 20, 7:48am

re: when less is more
William, I can feel your pain as well. At 6'4" 180 lbs, sleeping bag has to be longer, bivy is longer, tarp is longer, tent's need to be longer and taller, clothing is almost impossib...

In GEAR » When less is more
February 20, 6:42am

RE: New Tarptents
I'm standing in line for his 4-person! Can't wait to see what he is going to come up with... Henry, Can't you give us all a sneak peak? You're killing us!!! :-)

In GEAR » New Tarptents
February 19, 11:30am

All Reader Reviews by Jeremy Gustafson

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Hardware Quark Rain Jacket
From REI Website: * The Quark is made from Incite™ printed nylon tricot with a Conduit™ waterproof, breathable 2.5-layer laminate * zWeld™ construction eliminates stitching and taping, which reduces...

In Clothing - Raingear
June 06, 10:45am