Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Goodyear (dmgoody) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale mid-west
About Me David Goodyear has not added a biography yet.
StateMIchigan
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Goodyear

Showing 351 - 360 of 399 | Page: 1 ...21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Forum » Thread

POE dry bag
Take off of the artic pack concept, I use a POE dry bag for my clothes and sleeping bag. I like this set up because I can expell out all of the air when I compress the bag. At first I used a compac...

In GEAR » Pack covers - how many use them?
June 29, 8:02pm

WTB - artic dry pack
Sorry but I can't part with 3 bills just yet. If anyone has purchased a large (21" torso) Aric dry pack and it is gathering dust or they have lost their zeal, please contact me.

In Gear Swap » WTB - artic dry pack
June 21, 5:11pm

e-mail sent
e mail sent 6-14-08 Thanks, Dave

In Gear Swap » UL Trail Computing PDA
June 14, 1:03pm

new product ??
I noticed a new solid fuel tab for sale on this site Rationz. It claims to be oderless and have less depoits on cookware. Has anyone had any experience with this product?? Thanks, Dave

In GEAR » Solid fuel users
March 07, 8:13am

just got my cracker
I just received my cone and cracker. I'll let you know how it works. I have a question. What are the advantages/ disadvantages to alcohol vs esbit stoves? I am new to both concepts, but ...

January 17, 11:44am

Thanks
I knew I could count on youz guyz Dave

In GEAR » alcohol fuel bottles
January 17, 11:30am

alcohol fuel bottles
I remember seeing an alcohol fuel bottle that had an attached measured chamber that you squeeze the alcohol into before you pour. Does anyone have any experience with these and a url to order? ...

In GEAR » alcohol fuel bottles
January 17, 9:16am

don't forget the newbie heavy guys
While there are quite a few experts on this site, don't forget the newbie - who is transitioning to the light side of backpacking. This site has been a gold mine for me in the past two years....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Continue with BPL Membership?
January 12, 8:16am

esbit questions
Alright - I took the plunge and just ordered a caldera cone and the new esbit stove from Trail Designs. Can the experienced esbit stovers give me some tips. What's up with thre residue ? D...

January 12, 7:57am

esbit stove modifications
Eric, Do you have any links for your modification of the wing stove? "1. BPL Ti wing "stove" W/ aluminum pipe flame concentrater " I am trying to lighten my kitchen and I ...

November 30, 7:26am

All Reader Reviews by David Goodyear

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

caldera cone w gram cracker esbit stove snow peak solo
Just returned from a 4 day bushwhacking trip. This setup achieved 2 near boils (small bubbles) per esbit tab. Morning and night temps in the mid 30's - water taken from cold creeks. I allotted 4 t...

In Stoves - Other
October 08, 7:52am

Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1
I bought this tent before becoming a member of this site. When I read the review of the SL-1, I was worried about its stability and durability. I am not a tarp camper so the seedhouse seemed to be the...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 12, 7:22am