Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Brendan S (brendans) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Fruita CO
About Me Brendan S has not added a biography yet.
CountryUnited
My Website URLhttp://outlivingblog.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brendan S

Showing 351 - 360 of 646 | Page: 1 ...27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ...65

Forum » Thread

Re: $300
James, I think it's worth it. Sewing machines can be the most frustrating tools in existence, and having someone available to service it if needed is worth a lot. Those have all metal gears ...

In Gear Swap » WTB: sewing machine
April 04, 6:36pm

Re: thanks
Temps have been in the 70s the last couple weeks, so while the water might be cold, the air should be nice and warm. You'll probably be crossing a lot, but they're short crossings and then...

In GEAR » footwear for wet, cool canyon hiking
April 04, 5:16pm

pfaff 130/230
Great finds. Those are both awesome machines and probably in the top 5 machines you could buy for MYOG stuff. Legendary in the sailing world (esp the 130). You'd have to spend A LOT on a new...

In Gear Swap » WTB: sewing machine
April 04, 4:58pm

Re: footwear for wet, cool canyon hiking
If anything, NRS Hydroskins. Unless you're doing a route with LOTS of crossings/walking in a stream or the forecast looks abnormally cold, I don't think you'll need them. It's bee...

In GEAR » footwear for wet, cool canyon hiking
April 04, 1:12pm

Re: custom sized aluminum stays FS for MYOG
I still have a few of these left; PM me if you're interested.

In Gear Deals » custom sized aluminum stays FS for MYOG
April 02, 1:16pm

Re: A week in Southern Utah?
a couple recent threads: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=60988 http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/for...

In Pre-Trip Planning » A week in Southern Utah?
April 02, 12:16pm

Re: Ridge Camp, West of Mt. Baldy, 3/31 thru 4/1/2012
Awesome report. Enjoyed the read and pics. I've definitely done a couple "head out because there's a storm coming" and there're always some moments where you second guess it...

In Post-Trip Reports » Ridge Camp, West of Mt. Baldy, 3/31 thru 4/1/2012
April 01, 6:07pm

Re: Patagonia Merino 1 durability?
I have some of the old Merino 1 stuff from a couple years ago that's even lighter than the new M1 and it's far exceeded my expectations as far as durability. Much more durable than 150g I...

In GEAR » Patagonia Merino 1 durability?
April 01, 5:54pm

Re: Dirty Devil Packrafting
Awesome! One of my favorite areas. Did you do any side exploring other than Happy Canyon? I love the diversity of the canyons in that stretch.

In Post-Trip Reports » Dirty Devil Packrafting
March 29, 5:02pm

Re: Patagonia Puff Pullover or Montbell UL Thermawrap?
Sorry to complicate things further, but check out the Rab Xenon as well. That's what I'd go for of the three (I really like a hood). edit: also, Thermawrap is 50g insulation Nanopuff ...

In GEAR » Patagonia Puff Pullover or Montbell UL Thermawrap?
March 29, 8:24am

All Reader Reviews by Brendan S

Brendan S has posted no reviews.