BPL Community Profile

Brendan Swihart (brendans) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Fruita CO
About Me Brendan Swihart has not added a biography yet.
CountryUnited
My Website URLhttp://outlivingblog.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brendan Swihart

Showing 351 - 360 of 596 | Page: 1 ...27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ...60

Forum » Thread

Re: MT 110
The mesh on the mt110s is one of the things I was most excited about. There's a couple reviews online of people with 500+ miles with hardly any wear on the uppers. Another plus is that should...

In GEAR » Brooks Pure Grit- A quick look.
February 11, 1:49pm

Re: Re: Brooks Pure Grit- A quick look.
Great review. I tried on a pair a month or so ago and also found them really comfortable. Like John, I like a more aggressive sole and was looking for something I could also backpack in and was a ...

In GEAR » Brooks Pure Grit- A quick look.
February 11, 12:37pm

Re: How downproof?
I'd say go for it. I have a quilt made from the old M50 that I've used 100+ nights and yeah, it leaks a litte bit, but not much. I don't find it to be a problem at all. If they new i...

In Make Your Own Gear » New M50?
February 11, 10:37am

Re: G. Canyon/Zion logistics and advice sought..
more ideas from another recent thread: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=59332&skip_to_post=506952

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » G. Canyon/Zion logistics and advice sought..
February 10, 11:44pm

Re: Re: MT110's
For me, the rise on the lateral side isn't as bad as the bumpy seams. The rise would probably not be noticeable after the lugs were worn down a bit (you could even cut a little off them I supp...

In GEAR » Anybody using NB MT110s?
February 10, 12:32pm

Anybody using NB MT110s?
Looks like Craig W has some based on the R2R2R thread. Anyway, I ordered a pair and they seem like an ideal shoe and fit wonderfully, but the footbed feels, well, not flat. The lateral side feels...

In GEAR » Anybody using NB MT110s?
February 10, 11:26am

More photos added; Paty Merino1 & 2, Montbell Rain Trekker jacket still available
bump

In Gear Swap » Kookabay pad, Montbell Rain Trekker, merino baselayers, etc
February 10, 10:29am

Re: UL on the cheap; Sleep system?
IMO best bang for your buck: 1.1oz Ripstop Nylon, 2nds from D.I.Y. Gear Supply at $3.20 per yard. 800+ fill down from wilderness logic at $6.50/oz. ~$75 gets you a 30 deg quilt @ probably 17...

In Make Your Own Gear » UL on the cheap; Sleep system?
February 09, 11:31pm

Re: re: SoUt in May
Fantastic itinerary. Do that.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Road trip/day hike/over night backpacking trip in Utah.
February 09, 7:53pm

Re: re: Colorado Plateau in May
+1 for skipping Arches/Canyonlands that time of year. Hot, busy, and pretty far from the other areas. A few good short easy hikes in the escalante area: Spooky/Brimstone/Peekaboo slots The Bo...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Road trip/day hike/over night backpacking trip in Utah.
February 09, 5:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Brendan Swihart

Brendan Swihart has posted no reviews.