Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Brendan Swihart (brendans) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Fruita CO
About Me Brendan Swihart has not added a biography yet.
CountryUnited
My Website URLhttp://outlivingblog.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brendan Swihart

Showing 351 - 360 of 614 | Page: 1 ...27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ...62

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: MYOG mummy bag
Thanks for the kind words... @ Sam-I'm not sure exactly how long it took me...I finished most of it over the weekend, probably working 5ish? hours both days. Add a couple hours of cutting ...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG mummy bag
February 22, 5:48pm

improving strength of mesh?
Has anyone tried thinning down some silicone and brushing it on their shoes? I haven't tried it but was thinking it might strengthen the mesh a little and have the added benefit of reducing wa...

In Editor's Roundtable » Fast and Light Shoulder Season Footwear Tips
February 22, 5:36pm

Re: Pattern
Thru-hiker's liberty ridge pattern is pretty good half zip pattern. It doesn't include a hood but I've made a couple and added a hood in place of the collar. If you want to cover the ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Sewing techniques for M90 windshirt
February 22, 10:44am

MYOG mummy bag
Just finished this up for my mom. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. Details: About 5'6" long 17 oz 800 fill down M90 nice fat, non-flap draft tube/collar different...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG mummy bag
February 22, 9:21am

Re: Quilt Baffles
I usually cut the baffles to to the baffle height I want. Using up .25 or so on each side shortens them enough to manage the down well (I also usually overstuff ~20-30% over the caculated need).

In Make Your Own Gear » Quilt Baffles
February 22, 8:37am

Re: Re: Re: Heavy Gear List
I remember seeing a documentary about the AT and there was something about someone carrying a hammer for tent stakes...

In Gear Lists » Heavy Gear List
February 21, 12:05pm

Re: Heavy Gear List
28 lb base weight list: http://twohikers.org/Gear/web_equiplist.pdf and some discussion on the list http://twohikers.org/Gear/gearlistcomments.htm I know what you mean about wondering what p...

In Gear Lists » Heavy Gear List
February 21, 11:46am

Re: Pictured Rocks
Fantastic report, thanks.

In Post-Trip Reports » Pictured Rocks in Winter
February 20, 9:59am

Trailrocs
Those trailrocs look promising. I like the idea of the different rubber densities and more lugs. The uppers look super comfy.

In GEAR » Inov-8 Shoe Choices and Favorites?
February 17, 5:46pm

Re: Patagonia Merino1 & 2, Montbell Rain Trekker jacket still available
bump...feel free to make offers...

In Gear Swap » Kookabay pad, Montbell Rain Trekker, merino baselayers, etc
February 17, 5:02pm

All Reader Reviews by Brendan Swihart

Brendan Swihart has posted no reviews.