BPL Community Profile

Brendan Swihart (brendans) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Fruita CO
About Me Brendan Swihart has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://outlivingblog.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brendan Swihart

Showing 351 - 360 of 559 | Page: 1 ...27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ...56

Forum » Thread

Re: Big Bend Outer-Outer Mountain loop Jan 8-12
heh...I do love where I live but I'm always up for new places. Especially in such a fascinating ecosystem in part of one of the world's larger areas of protected land. I love the desert s...

In Post-Trip Reports » Big Bend Outer-Outer Mountain loop Jan 8-12
January 17, 12:23pm

Re: Re: Re: I'll skip the MicroBurst
You can use your pack liner as an inflater without any other gadget. Just fill up the bag and hold it around the valve. Takes a little practice but it's easy as can be once you get the hang o...

In GEAR » Neo air Xlite's appear to be shipping
January 17, 12:08pm

Big Bend Outer-Outer Mountain loop Jan 8-12
Wanting a bit more than the classic Outer Mountain Loop in Big Bend, I solicited some route advise from BPLer Alex H and the folks over at Big Bend Chat. We ended up with a 70+ mile route that com...

In Post-Trip Reports » Big Bend Outer-Outer Mountain loop Jan 8-12
January 17, 11:35am

Ibex hooded indie still available
bump...

In Gear Swap » Ibex hooded Indie, Garmin Colorado GPS, Rocky Gore Socks
January 03, 12:28pm

Ibex hooded indie still available price lowered
bump

December 27, 11:05am

hooded Indie and GPS still available
Bump...

December 18, 12:35pm

Ibex hooded Indie, Garmin Colorado GPS, Rocky Gore Socks
All prices include CONUS shipping. Paypal only. PM if interested. Men's Ibex Hooded Indie size small. Bought in the fall; worn a few times and hand washed once (to sell). $65 Garmin Col...

December 16, 4:55pm

Re: A niche market unrelated to BPL...
Jonathan, this isn't a SOTM article. It's a review of one product, and an excellent one at that. This is what a gear review should look like: thoughtful, honest, well-written, and the pro...

In Editor's Roundtable » Altai Skis: The Hok Ski and X-Trace Universal Binding Review
December 16, 8:51am

Re: re: Foam for Backpack Straps?
Agreed on the FY20. Good stuff. While I would never use it on shoulder straps, I will say that the blue foam is great for hipbelts. The stiffness resists collapse much better than softer foams.

In Make Your Own Gear » Foam for Backpack Straps?
December 16, 8:06am

Re: Re: Wool vs Synthetics
I have several wool and synthetic pieces and I keep going back to cap 2 as my favorite. extremely breathable and cool but can be surprisingly warm with a windshirt over it. Absorbs very little wa...

In GEAR » Wool vs Synthetics
December 15, 5:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Brendan Swihart

Brendan Swihart has posted no reviews.