BPL Community Profile

jeffrey armbruster (book) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me bookseller. nordic skier. backpacker.
Cityberkeley
Stateca
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 351 - 360 of 636 | Page: 1 ...27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ...64

Forum » Thread

"Eastern Sierra loop recommendations"
Elizabeth's recommendations are all good; so is Bob's but it sounds like you've done that loop before. If you're willing to go out of Tuolumne, here's a possibility: Vogelsang, ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Eastern Sierra loop recommendations
January 26, 8:20pm

"Newtown -- Who Here Changed His (or Her) Mind?"
Thousands of people are shot each year in this country because the nra types are worried that pol pot is going to take over the country. Or hitler. Or some such tyrannical boogeyman. Hasn't eve...

In Chaff » Newtown -- Who Here Changed His (or Her) Mind?
January 22, 7:26pm

"Titanium Windscreen Design"
Well thank God that's cleared up! I was betting on death or taxes, or both. I'm glad that no imaginary cats were harmed in these experiments. I work near Cal, so here's a shout out from...

In Make Your Own Gear » Titanium Windscreen Design
January 22, 10:14am

"Titanium Windscreen Design"
Who cares about boil times in a beer can: tell us more about the exception to the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle!

In Make Your Own Gear » Titanium Windscreen Design
January 21, 9:59pm

Just to return to the op's topic: I haven't changed my mind, but I really think that millions of women and mothers in this country probably have. This is a big demographic. I've spoken ...

January 16, 10:17am

"'Shrooms and Placenta Pills"
Excellent photos Eugene! The beautiful silver tones come through even on the internet. Bold move doing all black and white and it really worked. I like the close ups that sometimes go abstract beca...

In Post-Trip Reports » 'Shrooms and Placenta Pills
January 14, 3:01pm

Reducing mass murder to a statistic as a way to dismiss the need for reasonable gun controls is just cold. We know that gun control can limit the carnage. This seems to be a case of the nra not be...

January 13, 1:53pm

how do you stop pillow sliding off sleeping mat"
I put an exped pillow inside of a stuff sack and then surround it with a down vest. Then I place it on top of some other clothes at the head of my mat; that is, on the ground and off the mat. This ...

In GEAR » how do you stop pillow sliding off sleeping mat
January 10, 7:55pm

Bear Canister Carry Options With Small Packs
I think that the notion is, if you set your pack down to climb the cables at half dome, for instance, and a bear rips it open for the food inside, you'll at least still have your food if it'...

In GEAR » Bear Canister Carry Options With Small Packs
January 08, 8:10pm

Bear Canister Carry Options With Small Packs
Assuming that you can afford a different pack (and I can't right now!) this seems like a complicated answer to a simple problem. Even an empty bear canister strapped to the outside of your pack...

In GEAR » Bear Canister Carry Options With Small Packs
January 08, 7:26pm

All Reader Reviews by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Vasque Breeze GTX
These boots really are a breeze on your feet. Unlike another reviewer, I found these boots to have terrific ankle support. However, the deal-killer for me is the relatively narrow toe box. Full disclo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 16, 7:35pm