Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jeffrey armbruster (book) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me bookseller. nordic skier. backpacker.
Cityberkeley
Stateca
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 351 - 360 of 670 | Page: 1 ...27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ...67

Forum » Thread

"Sawyer squeeze vs. steripen"
Eric: yes, but I had one guy warn me about the Steripen's inability to purify water around the threads of a water bottle. Personally, I'm not concerned with this; I don't think that you...

In GEAR » Sawyer squeeze vs. steripen
March 03, 4:57pm

"Sawyer squeeze vs. steripen"
Michael: hard bottles don't quite fit into my belly pack. Unfortunately, I can't quite reach a hard bottle in my pack's external pocket while still wearing it. I hate having to take off...

March 02, 7:05pm

Sawyer squeeze vs. steripen"
I watched a video of a guy filling his Sawyer squeeze bag with a scoop and it sort of convinced me to go with a Steripen and a wide mouth bottle instead. Also, in this video the Sawyer flow didn...

March 02, 5:18pm

Sawyer squeeze vs. steripen
I'm thinking through a new system (for me) for filtering water. I'd decided on a Steripen with a 1 1/2 liter wide mouth soft water bottle. I want to use this system for easy and quick hydra...

March 01, 5:30pm

Steripen Opti still the way to go?"
A two year old review on this site complained that the Classic drained batteries even when it wasn't being used, but the Opti had solved that problem. The Opti was preferred. Maybe a newer vers...

In GEAR » Steripen Opti still the way to go?
February 26, 1:16pm

"Steripen Opti still the way to go?"
I don't like carrying water if I can help it; in the Sierras you usually don't have to. Also the water is usually very clear. However I'm realizing that I don't drink enough water i...

February 26, 10:14am

"Steripen Opti still the way to go?"
Ben: good points. I want to use the steripen for quick and easy backpacking hydration on the go. I use a Katydyn squeeze bottle filter otherwise, but it's not easily accessible while I'm hi...

February 25, 2:55pm

"External Frame Packs?"
I've strapped a GG pack to a Luxurylite frame. Works great; weighs just over two pounds. Oh and it carries a bear canister on the bottom flange (lip) like a dream. All the advantages of an exte...

In GEAR » External Frame Packs?
February 25, 2:06pm

Steripen Opti still the way to go?
so the light finally went on for me and I want to get a steripen to compliment my other filtration system. (Hope the light on the steripen will go on!) Any comments on the best model? I read about ...

February 25, 1:53pm

"Merino over or under R1"
Rule number one: "merino keeps you warm even when wet". Rule number two: "never get your layers wet in cold weather". Rule number three: "you'll sweat when active in ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Merino over or under R1
February 24, 1:38pm

All Reader Reviews by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Vasque Breeze GTX
These boots really are a breeze on your feet. Unlike another reviewer, I found these boots to have terrific ankle support. However, the deal-killer for me is the relatively narrow toe box. Full disclo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 16, 7:35pm