Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jeffrey armbruster (book) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me bookseller. nordic skier. backpacker.
Cityberkeley
Stateca
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 351 - 360 of 717 | Page: 1 ...27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ...72

Forum » Thread

"Bearikades"
Josh: my Weekender is going on 12 years at least...lost count really...probably more...still going strong except that the chain joining the lid to the can is broken. I could fix it but it's not...

In GEAR » Bearikades
April 09, 10:12am

"Post your REI Garage Sale scores"
Kahtoola microspikes for $20.00. I know, not that great a deal, but the thing is, I just happened to wander in on the second day of the sale, and there they were. I can't believe that they last...

In GEAR » Post your REI Garage Sale scores
April 08, 7:24pm

Hat Options
Bob: whatever, we're talking about hats and bandanas here. Anyway, in my initial post, when I mentioned your name, I suppose it reads like I was calling you out when that wasn't my intentio...

In GEAR » Hat Options
April 07, 9:08pm

"Hat Options"
Hey you know what Bob, I re-read your post and you're right. "90% of my face is covered". So good on you. True, it takes TWO bandanas under your little ballcap stuffed under the brim ...

In GEAR » Hat Options
April 07, 8:14pm

"Thoughts on Rain Gear (JMT)"
Yeah but I interpret "isolated afternoon thunderstorms" to mean one to four hours of rain. You can wait these out high and dry under a big tree or just hike on through at lower elevations...

In Gear Lists » Thoughts on Rain Gear (JMT)
April 07, 8:03pm

"Hat Options"
A typical cotton bandana has a spf/uvb of 7-10. Most sunblocks begin at 30. Cotton just doesn't get it done. Get a real bandana that actually blocks sun. If you can hold your cotton bandana up ...

In GEAR » Hat Options
April 07, 7:49pm

"Thoughts on Rain Gear (JMT)"
Jennifer: It's true that you can't predict the weather, even in the Sierra, from months out. However, your late June starting date puts you in the best possible window for good weather--out...

April 07, 1:46pm

Canister failure: has this happened to you?"
Hmmm, a patter begins to emerge...I mean, pattern.

In GEAR » Canister failure: has this happened to you?
April 06, 7:04pm

Canister failure: has this happened to you?"
Aw geeze come on give Max a break. Like all of us, Max has a style. It doesn't bother me; it's just what it is. In person Max, like all of us, probably comes off completely different than h...

In GEAR » Canister failure: has this happened to you?
April 06, 6:32pm

Thoughts on Rain Gear (JMT)"
Jennifer: I carry a Rab Demand; it's bombproof. I don't carry my Houdini because to me it's redundant. I hike mostly in the Sierra and during the days I'm in a shirt. If I stop at a...

April 06, 5:09pm

All Reader Reviews by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Vasque Breeze GTX
These boots really are a breeze on your feet. Unlike another reviewer, I found these boots to have terrific ankle support. However, the deal-killer for me is the relatively narrow toe box. Full disclo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 16, 7:35pm