BPL Community Profile

jeffrey armbruster (book) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me bookseller. nordic skier. backpacker.
Cityberkeley
Stateca
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 351 - 360 of 640 | Page: 1 ...27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ...64

Forum » Thread

"winter emergency gear"
Rick wrote: "remember you're out for a dayhike". Yup, I don't want to carry the bag especially but again I'm thinking about becoming injured, so skiing/snow shoeing all night ...

In GEAR » winter emergency gear
January 30, 10:19am

"winter emergency gear"
If I'm in a winter emergency it's either because I'm lost or hurt. If I'm lost I can dig a trench etc. but if I'm hurt, my options will be limited in terms of building shelter. ...

In GEAR » winter emergency gear
January 29, 7:52pm

"Newtown -- Who Here Changed His (or Her) Mind?"
Bob: true, but nobody's talking about outlawing guns in the same way that the 18th amendment outlawed all alcohol. My point is that gun regulations are not about outlawing guns, they're ab...

In Chaff » Newtown -- Who Here Changed His (or Her) Mind?
January 26, 9:14pm

Sorry Brad but I have to say that your comparisons are specious. Backpacking=Newtown etc.? I don't think so. But don't worry: sensible gun regulations aren't the beginning of a secret p...

January 26, 8:42pm

"Eastern Sierra loop recommendations"
Elizabeth's recommendations are all good; so is Bob's but it sounds like you've done that loop before. If you're willing to go out of Tuolumne, here's a possibility: Vogelsang, ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Eastern Sierra loop recommendations
January 26, 8:20pm

Thousands of people are shot each year in this country because the nra types are worried that pol pot is going to take over the country. Or hitler. Or some such tyrannical boogeyman. Hasn't eve...

January 22, 7:26pm

"Titanium Windscreen Design"
Well thank God that's cleared up! I was betting on death or taxes, or both. I'm glad that no imaginary cats were harmed in these experiments. I work near Cal, so here's a shout out from...

In Make Your Own Gear » Titanium Windscreen Design
January 22, 10:14am

"Titanium Windscreen Design"
Who cares about boil times in a beer can: tell us more about the exception to the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle!

In Make Your Own Gear » Titanium Windscreen Design
January 21, 9:59pm

Just to return to the op's topic: I haven't changed my mind, but I really think that millions of women and mothers in this country probably have. This is a big demographic. I've spoken ...

January 16, 10:17am

"'Shrooms and Placenta Pills"
Excellent photos Eugene! The beautiful silver tones come through even on the internet. Bold move doing all black and white and it really worked. I like the close ups that sometimes go abstract beca...

In Post-Trip Reports » 'Shrooms and Placenta Pills
January 14, 3:01pm

All Reader Reviews by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Vasque Breeze GTX
These boots really are a breeze on your feet. Unlike another reviewer, I found these boots to have terrific ankle support. However, the deal-killer for me is the relatively narrow toe box. Full disclo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 16, 7:35pm