BPL Community Profile

jeffrey armbruster (book) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me bookseller. nordic skier. backpacker.
Cityberkeley
Stateca
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 351 - 360 of 625 | Page: 1 ...27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ...63

Forum » Thread

"EB downlights jackets for 99$ ... hooded 119$ ... vests
I'm really happy with the Downlight jacket; I bought mine super cheap on this forum. But I haven't used a lot of down jackets, other than in stores, so I can't readily compare. I'm ...

In Gear Deals » EB downlights jackets for 99$ ... hooded 119$ ... vests 69$
January 02, 3:22pm

"Lacing to help heel slippage?"
Yeah but Roger the average life expectancy 5000 years ago was about 30. OK I'm guessing but you get my point. Is it possible to take the whole paleo thing too far? Throw the baby dinosaur out w...

In GEAR » Lacing to help heel slippage?
January 02, 3:14pm

"Long sleeve shirt for sun protection"
I forgot to mention that my Mountain Hardware nylon sun shirt has vents that run under the arms and down the side. This is brilliant if you're wearing a pack--as opposed to back vents. Also, it...

In GEAR » Long sleeve shirt for sun protection
January 01, 3:45pm

"Fly Creek UL2: Not for Giants"
In terms of condensation,yeah, I wondered why my sl1 didn't have a vent. Turns out that I have to stake out the tent in all conditions, and then usually I leave a little bit of the fly unzipped...

In GEAR » Fly Creek UL2: Not for Giants
December 31, 8:20pm

"Insulated Waterproof Gloves"
Rab makes an Event waterproof glove that's lightly insulated. Size up if you want to wear liners. I'm happy with mine. Sorry, I don't know the weight but they are definitely durable.

In GEAR » Insulated Waterproof Gloves
December 31, 7:48pm

"One Pack Frame-Multiple Pack Bags"
I use a LuxuryLite frame with a large GG bag attached. The whole set up comes in at around 2 1/2 lbs. You could attach any bag that has straps to the LL frame. Works great for me. Oh, and this fram...

In Make Your Own Gear » One Pack Frame-Multiple Pack Bags
December 31, 7:28pm

"New Big Agnes Tents"
Alec: what a steal at the rei garage sale! I own the fly creek sl1 and have loved it over three years--except for the zippers. Now, I'm much shorter than you, so that's not an issue for me....

In GEAR » New Big Agnes Tents
December 29, 7:16pm

"Long sleeve shirt for sun protection"
I use a Mountain Hardwear long sleeved sun shirt for backpacking. I had my doubts at first--it's mostly nylon; I thought that it would be too hot for my typical trips in the Sierra during summe...

In GEAR » Long sleeve shirt for sun protection
December 29, 6:37pm

"Newtown"
Once again I went over the top on my last post. I've gotta let this go.

In Chaff » Newtown
December 25, 11:26am

Newtown"
edit

In Chaff » Newtown
December 24, 7:30pm

All Reader Reviews by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Vasque Breeze GTX
These boots really are a breeze on your feet. Unlike another reviewer, I found these boots to have terrific ankle support. However, the deal-killer for me is the relatively narrow toe box. Full disclo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 16, 7:35pm