BPL Community Profile

jeffrey armbruster (book) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me bookseller. nordic skier. backpacker.
Cityberkeley
Stateca
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 351 - 360 of 622 | Page: 1 ...27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ...63

Forum » Thread

"Fly Creek UL2: Not for Giants"
In terms of condensation,yeah, I wondered why my sl1 didn't have a vent. Turns out that I have to stake out the tent in all conditions, and then usually I leave a little bit of the fly unzipped...

In GEAR » Fly Creek UL2: Not for Giants
December 31, 8:20pm

"Insulated Waterproof Gloves"
Rab makes an Event waterproof glove that's lightly insulated. Size up if you want to wear liners. I'm happy with mine. Sorry, I don't know the weight but they are definitely durable.

In GEAR » Insulated Waterproof Gloves
December 31, 7:48pm

"One Pack Frame-Multiple Pack Bags"
I use a LuxuryLite frame with a large GG bag attached. The whole set up comes in at around 2 1/2 lbs. You could attach any bag that has straps to the LL frame. Works great for me. Oh, and this fram...

In Make Your Own Gear » One Pack Frame-Multiple Pack Bags
December 31, 7:28pm

"New Big Agnes Tents"
Alec: what a steal at the rei garage sale! I own the fly creek sl1 and have loved it over three years--except for the zippers. Now, I'm much shorter than you, so that's not an issue for me....

In GEAR » New Big Agnes Tents
December 29, 7:16pm

"Long sleeve shirt for sun protection"
I use a Mountain Hardwear long sleeved sun shirt for backpacking. I had my doubts at first--it's mostly nylon; I thought that it would be too hot for my typical trips in the Sierra during summe...

In GEAR » Long sleeve shirt for sun protection
December 29, 6:37pm

"Newtown"
Once again I went over the top on my last post. I've gotta let this go.

In Chaff » Newtown
December 25, 11:26am

Newtown"
edit

In Chaff » Newtown
December 24, 7:30pm

"Having hard time justifying the weight of a jetboil"
I'm a boil-only chef as well. I've found that using a good windscreen allows my little canister stove to go for a very long time. I use the smallest canister (I forget if they're 4 or 6...

In GEAR » Having hard time justifying the weight of a jetboil
December 24, 1:22pm

"Having food stolen"
Back in the eighties, during an El Nino year, Tuolumne Meadows finally opened just before the fourth of July. I didn't know what I was doing and brought snowshoes for a hike in to Sunrise. Soli...

In Philosophy & Technique » Having food stolen
December 22, 4:38pm

"Newtown"
Brad: you know what, you got me there. Open display guns aren't that common where I live. I was really just responding to nra talking points. Their answer to gun violence is always the same:...

In Chaff » Newtown
December 21, 9:43pm

All Reader Reviews by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Vasque Breeze GTX
These boots really are a breeze on your feet. Unlike another reviewer, I found these boots to have terrific ankle support. However, the deal-killer for me is the relatively narrow toe box. Full disclo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 16, 7:35pm