Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jeffrey armbruster (book) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me bookseller. nordic skier. backpacker.
Cityberkeley
Stateca
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 351 - 360 of 663 | Page: 1 ...27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ...67

Forum » Thread

"External Frame Packs?"
I've strapped a GG pack to a Luxurylite frame. Works great; weighs just over two pounds. Oh and it carries a bear canister on the bottom flange (lip) like a dream. All the advantages of an exte...

In GEAR » External Frame Packs?
February 25, 2:06pm

Steripen Opti still the way to go?
so the light finally went on for me and I want to get a steripen to compliment my other filtration system. (Hope the light on the steripen will go on!) Any comments on the best model? I read about ...

In GEAR » Steripen Opti still the way to go?
February 25, 1:53pm

"Merino over or under R1"
Rule number one: "merino keeps you warm even when wet". Rule number two: "never get your layers wet in cold weather". Rule number three: "you'll sweat when active in ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Merino over or under R1
February 24, 1:38pm

Vasque Breeze/Taku boots or other options"
Rob: these look really good. I'll try them out if they're in stock in my stores. Just about everything that I'm looking for, on paper.

In GEAR » Vasque Breeze/Taku boots or other options
February 20, 7:47pm

solo wilderness insanity
edit

In GEAR » Solo Wilderness Security
February 20, 7:09pm

Does anyone know when Big Agnes will be releasing Q core
I saw one at REI in Berkeley and yeah, it seems really narrow.

In GEAR » Does anyone know when Big Agnes will be releasing their Q-Core SL?
February 20, 10:11am

"Best way to survive bug season?"
Sun grubbies on your hands are pretty effective for skeeters. Push come to shove I'll spritz the back of the grubbies with deet, which I hate. Then I can remove the grubbies when eating/filteri...

In Philosophy & Technique » Best way to survive bug season?
February 20, 10:04am

"Hiking Boots"
Leslie: good call going with what you know works for you. A lot of people on this forum are pretty zealous about the Wonders of Trail Runners. It's great that they work for them, but they don&#...

In GEAR » Hiking Boots
February 19, 10:13am

"Hiking Boots"
I'm looking at the Vasque Breeze/or Taku. Really light for a high top with great ankle support. But I haven't worn them yet, except in store. The Breeze in particular get great reviews. ...

In GEAR » Hiking Boots
February 18, 3:54pm

"Vasque Breeze/Taku boots or other options"
Thanks Greg.

In GEAR » Vasque Breeze/Taku boots or other options
February 18, 9:50am

All Reader Reviews by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Vasque Breeze GTX
These boots really are a breeze on your feet. Unlike another reviewer, I found these boots to have terrific ankle support. However, the deal-killer for me is the relatively narrow toe box. Full disclo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 16, 7:35pm