BPL Community Profile

jeffrey armbruster (book) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me bookseller. nordic skier. backpacker.
Cityberkeley
Stateca
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 351 - 360 of 634 | Page: 1 ...27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ...64

Forum » Thread

"Titanium Windscreen Design"
Well thank God that's cleared up! I was betting on death or taxes, or both. I'm glad that no imaginary cats were harmed in these experiments. I work near Cal, so here's a shout out from...

In Make Your Own Gear » Titanium Windscreen Design
January 22, 10:14am

"Titanium Windscreen Design"
Who cares about boil times in a beer can: tell us more about the exception to the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle!

In Make Your Own Gear » Titanium Windscreen Design
January 21, 9:59pm

"Newtown -- Who Here Changed His (or Her) Mind?"
Just to return to the op's topic: I haven't changed my mind, but I really think that millions of women and mothers in this country probably have. This is a big demographic. I've spoken ...

In Chaff » Newtown -- Who Here Changed His (or Her) Mind?
January 16, 10:17am

"'Shrooms and Placenta Pills"
Excellent photos Eugene! The beautiful silver tones come through even on the internet. Bold move doing all black and white and it really worked. I like the close ups that sometimes go abstract beca...

In Post-Trip Reports » 'Shrooms and Placenta Pills
January 14, 3:01pm

"Newtown -- Who Here Changed His (or Her) Mind?"
Reducing mass murder to a statistic as a way to dismiss the need for reasonable gun controls is just cold. We know that gun control can limit the carnage. This seems to be a case of the nra not be...

In Chaff » Newtown -- Who Here Changed His (or Her) Mind?
January 13, 1:53pm

how do you stop pillow sliding off sleeping mat"
I put an exped pillow inside of a stuff sack and then surround it with a down vest. Then I place it on top of some other clothes at the head of my mat; that is, on the ground and off the mat. This ...

In GEAR » how do you stop pillow sliding off sleeping mat
January 10, 7:55pm

Bear Canister Carry Options With Small Packs
I think that the notion is, if you set your pack down to climb the cables at half dome, for instance, and a bear rips it open for the food inside, you'll at least still have your food if it'...

In GEAR » Bear Canister Carry Options With Small Packs
January 08, 8:10pm

Bear Canister Carry Options With Small Packs
Assuming that you can afford a different pack (and I can't right now!) this seems like a complicated answer to a simple problem. Even an empty bear canister strapped to the outside of your pack...

In GEAR » Bear Canister Carry Options With Small Packs
January 08, 7:26pm

"moleskin vs leukotape"
For me it's: one of those blister 'band-aids'--which adhere very well to your feet--followed by a leukotape wrap. Even after soaking my feet in a river etc. this combination will usuall...

In GEAR » moleskin vs leukotape
January 08, 10:05am

"EB downlights jackets for 99$ ... hooded 119$ ... vests
I'm really happy with the Downlight jacket; I bought mine super cheap on this forum. But I haven't used a lot of down jackets, other than in stores, so I can't readily compare. I'm ...

In Gear Deals » EB downlights jackets for 99$ ... hooded 119$ ... vests 69$
January 02, 3:22pm

All Reader Reviews by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Vasque Breeze GTX
These boots really are a breeze on your feet. Unlike another reviewer, I found these boots to have terrific ankle support. However, the deal-killer for me is the relatively narrow toe box. Full disclo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 16, 7:35pm