BPL Community Profile

ROBERT TANGEN (RobertM2S) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Lake Tahoe
About Me From planet Bllffftx.
CityReno
StateNV
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by ROBERT TANGEN

Showing 351 - 360 of 538 | Page: 1 ...27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ...54

Forum » Thread

Re:Re: Loft
Re: " (I have one of each hanging in my bedroom.)" 2.5" loft bags, or balls?

In GEAR » What's the benefit of synthetic?
September 21, 5:40pm

Re:Re: Internal Guys
Thanks for your help! Something like that is a lot better than sitting up trying to hold a tent together with your hands and feet. (P.S., you blokes from below the Equator may not have heard, but...

In Winter Hiking » Best lightweight winter tent?
September 18, 6:45pm

Internal Guys
Roger, before Black Diamond bought his company, Todd Bibler more or less invented the tent design where you push one long pole into the the the tent door, stick it into a reinforced back corner, be...

September 18, 12:47pm

Internal Guys?
I have a question about internal guys (not couch potatoes, I mean those cords inside a tent.) Would such a system help firm up a BD or Bibler tent in a severe storm?

September 17, 6:32pm

Re:Re: Overboots
Matt: You have more experience than I on Denali, and I'm not putting you down, just asking questions. Regarding that Stephenson Warmlite tent, since it has been around for decades, why is it n...

In Editor's Roundtable » Doing Denali Light: Post-Trip Report and Gearlist
September 04, 8:02pm

Official wind chill
Yes, but that is old data. Wikipedia on Wind Chill: “In 2001 the National Weather Service (NWS) implemented the new wind chill index, used by the US and Canadian weather services, which is dete...

September 04, 11:36am

Re: Wind Chill
Would there be different wind chill charts for different surfaces? For example, wet cotton would evaporate faster than skin or Gore-Tex, hence the chilling effect attributable to just the wind wou...

September 04, 10:37am

D
I'm getting interference from the morals computer program.

September 04, 6:35am

Down Suits
Yes, I hear that many Everest climbers have their down suits carried to high camp by Sherpas, and don't actually wear them while actively climbing until the final summit push, because it is too...

September 04, 6:32am

Re: Re: Risks
You're right, Scott was great at talking big. He should have been a politician rather than an explorer, where he just winged it. As to leg warmth, what is your opinion of using down suits, wh...

September 04, 12:00am

All Reader Reviews by ROBERT TANGEN

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zpacks Arc Blast 60 liter
I received my Zpacks Arc Blast, the large 60 liter, 17.0 oz. size for winter loads, and love it. If you are worried about getting poked, don’t worry, the stays terminate at the bottom end BEHIND the ...

In Backpacks - External Frame
September 13, 6:24pm

Rab Boreas extremely thin soft shell
1. David Chenault: “I'm a huge fan. It's been a great layer for BC skiing thus far. I expect it to be fairly bug proof too.” 2. Noted mountain climber Nils Nielsen: “The last month I’ve be...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
March 06, 3:44pm

WalMart / "Starter" compression shorts
(Others have written that they like these, and I agree.) The WalMart / “Starter” compression shorts are: 1. Long enough to prevent abrasion, even if you have massively muscled, Greek God-like thighs...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
May 02, 1:12pm

MLD 2009 Revelation
Five Stars! I love the new 2009 Revelation from Mountain Laurel Designs! I haven’t wrung it out like Ryan Jordan did for the pack he recently reviewed, so I don’t have his detailed data base, but th...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 21, 6:12pm