BPL Community Profile

KEN LARSON (KENLARSON) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Western Michigan
About Me Mounteering, climbing and backpacking and outdoor endeavors I have been engaged with since age eleven all over North America and Canada. Retired educator, researcher and outdoor facilitator. Currently dealing with Multiple Myeloma Cancer and still backpacking with the grandchildren on a "lighter note".
CityGrand Haven
StateMI
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by KEN LARSON

Showing 351 - 360 of 556 | Page: 1 ...27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ...56

Forum » Thread

Winter on the Shore to Shore Trail
Back in the 80’s the family (three sons and wife) XC the Shore to Shore Trail (or what we thought was the trail) from Kalkaska, MI to Empire, MI during the months of December and 1st wk January. ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Failure to Launch: A misadventure along the Michigan Shore to Shore Trail
November 14, 5:58pm

FS: Soto OD-1R Micro Regulator Stove
If it so awesome, may I inquire why are you selling it???

In Gear Swap » FS: Soto OD-1R Micro Regulator Stove
October 29, 7:13am

Pattern Recommendations
GO HERE Have made two using SI fabric. Weight came in at 5 ounces.

In Make Your Own Gear » Seeking material & pattern recommendations for simple ultralight windbreaker.
October 27, 5:52pm

prefilter for Sawyer Squeeze?
Brian.....To answer your question, yes. The Gold Tone Coffee Filter mesh is 3 microns in size. I used a modified Gold Tone Coffee Filter every time to took water from the inland lakes on Isle Royal...

In GEAR » Sawyer Squeeze Water Filter
October 26, 2:37pm

"***FS Integral Designs eVent Pullover Jacket - SOLD***"
>>>>SOLD<<<<<

In Gear Swap » ***FS Integral Designs eVent Pullover Jacket***
October 23, 5:12am

***FS Integral Designs eVent Pullover Jacket***
Selling a Integral Designs eVent Pullover Jacket that has been sitting in my closet that I have not used since I purchase it. Mens size (L). Jacket is in excellent condition. Color- Black. Descr...

In Gear Swap » ***FS Integral Designs eVent Pullover Jacket***
October 22, 6:53am

***FS COCOON COOLMAX MUMMY LINER***
Never has been used …... the year 2003 when I was going to use the liner I was dx with multiple myeloma cancer. My past & present cancer treatments have eliminated any future expedition climb...

In Gear Swap » ***FS COCOON COOLMAX MUMMY LINER***
October 15, 7:13am

Help me choose a 0 degree bag for Minnesota
This bag would be warm enough for 2x in MN. GO HERE

In Winter Hiking » Help me choose a 0 degree bag for Minnesota
September 26, 10:51am

*** SOLD FS Mt Hardware EV-2 Tent ***
>>>>SOLD<<<<

In Gear Swap » ***FS Mt Hardware EV-2 Tent ***
September 23, 12:46pm

****SOLD Integral Designs eVENT Overbag/Bivy****
SOLD

In Gear Swap » ****FS Integral Designs eVENT Overbag/Bivy****
September 21, 6:17am

All Reader Reviews by KEN LARSON

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

123Mountain OUTDOOR EQUIPMENT
>>>>>>>>BEWARE<<<<<<<< Read the BB Business Review BELOW before you decide to purchase ITEMS from this company. BB Business Review

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 22, 7:19am

SOTO PRODUCTS STOVES & POCKET TORCH
Would highly recommend ANY of SOTO's products as they RATE 5 in my estimation. I have purchased and have used many of SOTO's products (STOVES: iso & white gas and POCKET TORCHES: butan...

In Stoves - Canister
May 24, 10:57am

Sawyer In-Line Filter
SP-125 PURIFIER (NOW - SP-35 PURIFIER)

In Hydration - Water Treatment
March 08, 2:15pm

MSR Mountain Safety Research HyperFlow microfilter
I purchased one of the very first MSR Hyperflow filters from REI (April08) and experienced many of the filter issues that have been mentioned (reduced output, hard pumping, backflushing difficulties a...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
February 25, 10:24am

Alpkit CarbonLite
CarbonLite hiking/trekking pole review: • I have been using “h...

In Trekking Poles
June 30, 9:06am

PossumDown Gloves (BPL Gear Shop)
I was interested in the level of warmth provided by an overmitt and wool liner combination and did some cold weather testing of hand gear for the last three days, since the temperatures in Michigan we...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
November 30, 1:57pm