BPL Community Profile

KEN LARSON (KENLARSON) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Western Michigan
About Me Mounteering, climbing and backpacking and outdoor endeavors I have been engaged with since age eleven all over North America and Canada. Retired educator, researcher and outdoor facilitator. Currently dealing with Multiple Myeloma Cancer and still backpacking with the grandchildren on a "lighter note".
CityGrand Haven
StateMI
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by KEN LARSON

Showing 351 - 360 of 572 | Page: 1 ...27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ...58

Forum » Thread

Virus from a water source
Brett you need to check this out..... Removal Rate: 0.02 Micron Absolute! • Viral Purification: The first (and thus far only) portable filtration device to remove viruses mechanically. ...

In GEAR » Virus from a water source?
January 17, 9:06am

Boat Tour
I would suggest you taking an evening Picture Rock Cruise as this is the only way to truly "Take In" the beauty of the "rocks" Beware that the midsummer the biting flies can...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Pictured Rocks, Michigan
January 12, 10:29am

Purchase PC8 - Powercell Fuel Cylinder
Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, the Powercell / Ultra Blue (8oz) line was discontinued in 2009. There are no direct replacements or fuel cylinders. We apologize for the inconvenien...

In GEAR » Preheat tube run up centre of burner column ?
January 10, 3:06pm

Personal Feedback from Items Mentioned in this Thread
I have just purchased a pair of OR VersaLiners, size MED…Total Weight 2.46oz • GLOVE WEIGHT (100-weight Radiant Fleece): 1.83oz/52g • SHELL WEIGHT (Pertex® Shield DS stretch ripstop fab...

In GEAR » Zpacks cuben mitts
January 09, 5:05am

Pick me a camer SUGGESTION#2
Check out this site: http://www.edpostphotography.com Ed is not a backpacker but an Ottawa County Circuit Judge that dabbles in photography. A good friend and I know if you put forth what you...

In Photography » Pick me a camera
January 01, 3:08pm

Pick me a camera SUGGESTION#2

January 01, 2:49pm

Pick a me a camera SUGGESTION#2

January 01, 2:39pm

Pick a me a camera SUGGESTION
Give a Canon PowerShot S100 a look see. Canon PowerShot S100

January 01, 1:26pm

ROPE
ONE or TWO 50 foot ropes? OR TWO 25 foot rope pieces? OR ????

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Tip of the Week
December 14, 11:51am

Montbell UL Down Vest
I have one that measures (4.58oz)/STUFF BAG (.21oz) - (4.79oz)

In Gear Swap » Trade: Montbell UL Down Vest
December 11, 2:25pm

All Reader Reviews by KEN LARSON

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

123Mountain OUTDOOR EQUIPMENT
>>>>>>>>BEWARE<<<<<<<< Read the BB Business Review BELOW before you decide to purchase ITEMS from this company. BB Business Review

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 22, 7:19am

SOTO PRODUCTS STOVES & POCKET TORCH
Would highly recommend ANY of SOTO's products as they RATE 5 in my estimation. I have purchased and have used many of SOTO's products (STOVES: iso & white gas and POCKET TORCHES: butan...

In Stoves - Canister
May 24, 10:57am

Sawyer In-Line Filter
SP-125 PURIFIER (NOW - SP-35 PURIFIER)

In Hydration - Water Treatment
March 08, 2:15pm

MSR Mountain Safety Research HyperFlow microfilter
I purchased one of the very first MSR Hyperflow filters from REI (April08) and experienced many of the filter issues that have been mentioned (reduced output, hard pumping, backflushing difficulties a...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
February 25, 10:24am

Alpkit CarbonLite
CarbonLite hiking/trekking pole review: • I have been using “h...

In Trekking Poles
June 30, 9:06am

PossumDown Gloves (BPL Gear Shop)
I was interested in the level of warmth provided by an overmitt and wool liner combination and did some cold weather testing of hand gear for the last three days, since the temperatures in Michigan we...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
November 30, 1:57pm