BPL Community Profile

KEN LARSON (KENLARSON) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Western Michigan
About Me Mounteering, climbing and backpacking and outdoor endeavors I have been engaged with since age eleven all over North America and Canada. Retired educator, researcher and outdoor facilitator. Currently dealing with Multiple Myeloma Cancer and still backpacking with the grandchildren on a "lighter note".
CityGrand Haven
StateMI
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by KEN LARSON

Showing 351 - 360 of 503 | Page: 1 ...27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ...51

Forum » Thread

prefilter
Brendan.........The 5 micron bag I described used with my gravity filter works as good as any pre filter I have tested. NO ISSUES. "Looking around a bit it looks like a paper coffee filter ...

In GEAR » ultralight water prefilter
March 03, 12:59pm

Re: Best pre-filter is a 1 oz, 1 micron oil filter from DudaDiesel
I have incorportated this filter material in my gravity system describe above. (You can go as low as 1 micron (nominal). Global Filter, LLC Standard Mesh Liquid Filter Bags. I believe the spe...

March 03, 12:49pm

Insight to pre filtering
Matt……“You mention epoxy, does that work and what epoxy did you use?” >>>>>GORILLA. The Glue Guide by Gorilla does state, “Bonds most plastics, but not polyethylene or p...

March 03, 11:35am

Ultralight Water Prefilter
Information that might aid in the making of the pre filter discussed above. Modified Gator Aid Cap and Nalgene Cap showing the mesh epxoxied within. You must leave a lip of the original plastic ...

March 03, 8:09am

Marketing Inconsistencies
So what is the “operational definition” to define these "Marketing Inconsistencies…..? Variables that one can use as a measure to define a sweater from a jacket? Two products as an e...

In GEAR » What defines a down sweater?
February 26, 7:57am

Stove Ignition Issues
Had an ignition issues with my Brunton Stove Stand, Snow Peak GST100 and Giga Power, 8oz, Snow Peak gas on two occasions. The stove in my situation would refuse to "come up" to its normal...

In GEAR » Bad Gas Canister?
February 21, 5:44pm

McNett MiraZyme
Give MiraZyme™ Odor Eliminator a try. It is a powerful blend of natural enzymes and microbes to remove odors caused by algae, bacteria, mold and more. McNett has identified, separated and reprodu...

In GEAR » How to get rid of cigarette smell from bivy sac?
February 21, 11:44am

Re: CORRECTION to past posting
Others may interprete as did you could use the coffee filter as an alternated way to filter the water. Thanks for the clarification.

In Gear Lists » u.l. beginnings ...
February 17, 1:24pm

CORRECTION to past posting
"KRUPS - Gold Tone Coffee Filter .3 micro" should read, KRUPS - Gold Tone Coffee Filter 3 micron mesh. Also, Chad made a comment that he used a MontBell O.D.Compact Dripper to pre fil...

February 17, 12:25pm

Re: Hydatid Tapeworm Clarification
Ben, you speak correctly …. “Steripen is pointing out that UV can be effective in treating said worm eggs -- in the dosage provided by its devices -- although it is also emphasizing that it has...

February 17, 11:58am

All Reader Reviews by KEN LARSON

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

123Mountain OUTDOOR EQUIPMENT
>>>>>>>>BEWARE<<<<<<<< Read the BB Business Review BELOW before you decide to purchase ITEMS from this company. BB Business Review

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 22, 7:19am

SOTO PRODUCTS STOVES & POCKET TORCH
Would highly recommend ANY of SOTO's products as they RATE 5 in my estimation. I have purchased and have used many of SOTO's products (STOVES: iso & white gas and POCKET TORCHES: butan...

In Stoves - Canister
May 24, 10:57am

Sawyer In-Line Filter
SP-125 PURIFIER (NOW - SP-35 PURIFIER)

In Hydration - Water Treatment
March 08, 2:15pm

MSR Mountain Safety Research HyperFlow microfilter
I purchased one of the very first MSR Hyperflow filters from REI (April08) and experienced many of the filter issues that have been mentioned (reduced output, hard pumping, backflushing difficulties a...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
February 25, 10:24am

Alpkit CarbonLite
CarbonLite hiking/trekking pole review: • I have been using “h...

In Trekking Poles
June 30, 9:06am

PossumDown Gloves (BPL Gear Shop)
I was interested in the level of warmth provided by an overmitt and wool liner combination and did some cold weather testing of hand gear for the last three days, since the temperatures in Michigan we...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
November 30, 1:57pm