Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hamish McHamish (El_Canyon) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale USA
About Me Hamish McHamish has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hamish McHamish

Showing 351 - 360 of 412 | Page: 1 ...23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Forum » Thread

lynx
Dave "Lynx of the Winter" Adair for the win! :)

In GEAR » nesting mcdonald's McCafe cups to make a double walled insulated mug?
October 27, 8:21am

search
> A search here might yield some good info Whoops, my bad. For a long time the search function wouldn't work for me but it seems to be functional now. Sorry, I'm usually pretty good...

In GEAR » best options for extending a sleeping bag's cold weather performance?
October 26, 3:31pm

best options for extending a sleeping bag's cold weather performance?
I have a Western Mountaineering 'Caribou' down bag. It is a sewn-thru design and is rated to 35 degF. What are some field-verified ways to make use of a bag in weather cooler than it'...

In GEAR » best options for extending a sleeping bag's cold weather performance?
October 26, 2:01pm

OWare
Great to hear from you David! The tarp was a joy to work with. Yes, despite my complaining about condensation, the outside surface of the tarp was loaded with frost by morning, which would have s...

In GEAR » wow, it's hard to prevent condensation under a tarp
October 26, 12:53pm

?
Acronym said: "I rarely have trouble with condensation now." How do you achieve this in dry, cold, clear weather, beyond site selection?

October 26, 12:17pm

enlightening!
Excellent info, thanks folks. That article explained the parameters I camped in perfectly: little wind, dry air, open view to the sky, etc. It is quite interesting to note that the maxim "gr...

October 26, 12:14pm

grass
Great point Franco, I hadn't considered ground moisture. I suppose the only fix is a larger groundsheet, though I expect it would gather more spray in a rainstorm.

October 25, 9:35pm

wow, it's hard to prevent condensation under a tarp
Here is my setup (5.5'x7' OWare flat tarp) from an overnighter I did this weekend: http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o255/Fire-Is-Life/Middle%20Prong%20_%20October%202011/tarpsetup2.jpg...

October 25, 8:40pm

tarp direction
Why does Mike advise aligning the tarp ridgeline with the wind, while Ray J. says to pitch the tarp broadside to the wind? Maybe by "wind" Mike means gentle breezes that provide ventilat...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Tip of the Week
October 25, 12:50pm

_
Yup, alternate between VFR and IFR as needed.

In GEAR » GPS recommendation
October 18, 8:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Hamish McHamish

Hamish McHamish has posted no reviews.