BPL Community Profile

Sumi Wada (DetroitTigerFan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Ann Arbor
About Me Sumi Wada has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sumi Wada

Showing 351 - 360 of 487 | Page: 1 ...27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ...49

Forum » Thread

Yahtzee
My son and I've had quite a few Yahtzee marathons. He's also *required* to bring a reading book.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » tent bound with kids
October 26, 9:14pm

First Ascent BC-200
I don't know if it's been established that the First Ascent BC-200 is eVent but I know it's been strongly suggested at least and the specs are pretty darn close. Comes in a men's l...

In GEAR » I am going to need some better rain gear
October 24, 9:18am

Would've worked for me!
I bought a Circuit early in the year and had a hard time choosing between the Circuit and the Ohm. Had them both at my house and went back and forth for days. Liked the Ohm "bag" better...

In GEAR » ULA Ohm 2.0 Pictures
October 20, 1:07pm

"Scouts" doesn't equal hiking/backpacking
Chiming in late as my son has no interest in Scouts, which leads me to my point. IMO, "Scouts" and hiking/backpacking are pretty different things and just because he doesn't like Scou...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Help. Son doesnt like packing or hiking
October 20, 10:17am

Re: ok
>> I was really hoping to find a nice bag/container thats ultra light for my kit I use a small cuben sack from Zpacks. It's either the "wallet pouch" or the "camera pouc...

In GEAR » Who thinks all the first aid kits out there are crazy heavy?
October 19, 10:49pm

REI UL Peak
The REI UL Peaks, as much as I liked them, are the only poles that have ever failed on me. The twist locks wouldn't tighten, first one then the other. I couldn't even pull them apart to fi...

In GEAR » More durable hiking poles?
October 17, 10:26am

Re: Feathered Friends
I have a Feathered Friends 30* Grouse which is my all-purpose three-season bag. I've used it in a pretty wide range of conditions and I'm confident in its temperature rating. I considered ...

In GEAR » Three Seasons Bag Dilema
October 16, 9:57pm

I fly with gear to Grand Canyon
I hike in the Grand Canyon once or twice a year and usually fly into Las Vegas, sometimes Phoenix. I've flown on various airlines - Delta, Spirit, AirTran, Frontier, Southwest. I always chec...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Flying with Poles (Packs, and other Hiking Sundries)
October 16, 8:24pm

GoLite Jam2, Osprey Talons
FWIW, my son tried on a few packs recently. He's 5' tall, very thin (80lb), short torso. He found quite a few women's packs to fit torso-wise (his problem is hipbelts being too long.) ...

In GEAR » Short Women and "One Size" Packs
October 13, 10:14am

Re: Short Women and "One Size" Packs
While I'm sure that the shape and harness design of the pack has a lot to do with how it carries, I also think you can counter (or exasperate) issues like top-heaviness and balance by the way y...

In GEAR » Short Women and "One Size" Packs
October 12, 9:49am

All Reader Reviews by Sumi Wada

Sumi Wada has posted no reviews.