BPL Community Profile

Sumi Wada (DetroitTigerFan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Ann Arbor
About Me Sumi Wada has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sumi Wada

Showing 351 - 360 of 461 | Page: 1 ...27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: DWR Wind pants?
Good point about fragile UL fabrics. I know that I don't need rain pants and even the DriDucks are too heavy to be worth taking. I think I'm probably over-thinking this. Baselayer and ...

In GEAR » DWR Wind pants?
September 27, 11:57am

DWR Wind pants?
I have a week-long hike coming up in November where I'm expecting mostly warm (65-75*) and dry days. However, last camp will be at a higher elevation, cooler temps and potential rain/sleet/sno...

In GEAR » DWR Wind pants?
September 27, 9:15am

Re: first-time UL bag buyer—advice? (marmot plasma)
OK, gonna say right off the bat that I don't know what qualifies a bag as an "ultralight" bag. But I'm pretty much a one-bag woman like you (and also 5'2") and did a pre...

In GEAR » first-time UL bag buyer—advice? (marmot plasma)
September 14, 8:13am

Re: mix
>> Patagonia made a Merino 1 top that was a mixture of syn and merino, for some reason (expense?) they quit making it, but this shirt (they never made a bottom that I'm aware of) is the b...

In GEAR » What is the best base layer?
September 11, 8:38am

Re: Feedback on this pack
I'd recommend a Ford Explorer.

In Gear Lists » Feedback on this pack
September 10, 9:55pm

Re: What is the best base layer?
Not sure there's a "best" per se; depends on conditions (temperature, humidity) and plain old personal preference. One thing I look for besides fabric content is stretch. I'd ...

In GEAR » What is the best base layer?
September 10, 7:57am

Re: Re: Re: Over Specified Weight Gear - What to do?
>> it is a down bag that was made smaller than standard with a lighter fabric and is still over spec. So, the maker actually gave you an exact "spec" weight for a custom sized ba...

In GEAR » Over Specified Weight Gear - What to do?
September 09, 6:50pm

Re: Any other moms out there that take their kids backpacking?
I do! I hike with my son, who's now 13 and it's something I really, really treasure. He's a natural on the trail and I don't think of it as me "taking" him anymore. We...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Any other moms out there that take their kids backpacking?
September 04, 9:54pm

Re: Women's specific pack suggestions
I think she's going to want something in the 30-35 liter range. I think 45 liters will be too big. I like my Peak in that size. I also have an older women's Jam2 (either a 2008 or 2009...

In GEAR » Women's specific pack suggestions
August 31, 9:25am

Re: Times are changing
I always find it a little amusing that so many people assume they're going to turn into Steven Seagal in a threatening situation. I, for one, KNOW that I'm no Laura Croft. In the middle of...

In GEAR » Solo Wilderness Security
August 30, 11:52am

All Reader Reviews by Sumi Wada

Sumi Wada has posted no reviews.