Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3491 - 3500 of 3708 | Page: 1 ...341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 ...371

Forum » Thread

no size no color

In Gear Swap » Golite Dawn pack
September 02, 9:03pm

Re: Doug Ritter Survival Gear
That light came out some months ago. It was mentioned in a BPL article last week as favorite gear for a few BPL staff. I have yet to buy a photon freedom...one of these days.

In GEAR » Doug Ritter Survival Gear
September 01, 7:30am

Re: Sleeping Pad...Which Side UP??
I prefer the flat side up, egg crate side down.

In GEAR » Sleeping Pad...Which Side UP??
August 31, 4:24am

Re: Re: New knives
The spyderco looks very cool.

In GEAR » New Wenger knife
August 30, 7:56am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Arctic 1000 gear
Ryan said, "A book about myself? I got wayyyy better things to do with my time than that!" lol...can't wait to see read about the gear when it comes out.

In GEAR » Arctic 1000 gear
August 29, 6:26pm

Re: Houdini
Casey, The only wind pants I ever saw offered by Integral Designs is made of Pertex 685, not Pertex Quantum.

In GEAR » More windshirt stuff - Houdini vs. Ion
August 29, 10:09am

Shelter/Insulation
Or you could stay with the down insulation and take along shelter in the form of an AMK Heatsheet for an emergency situation where shelter or heat (vapor barrier) is needed. Cut a hole in it and ma...

In Editor's Roundtable » John Muir Trail (JMT) Record Attempt - Unsupported, Without Resupply
August 26, 5:47am

Re: SUL Biking Overnighter
Post a gear list after you get back..yeah. What 1500 cubic inch pack will you use on your longer trip?

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » SUL Biking Overnighter
August 26, 5:23am

Re: Re: Need some clothing advice
I'd argue that his hands were cold because they were wet and not protected from wind or the temperature, not because of the "body making up for heat loss from the legs" theory. The legs generate so...

In GEAR » Need some clothing advice
August 22, 6:07pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: I heavy Item
Outdoor Navigator is no more. https://outdoornavigator.maptech.com/outdoornavigator/index.cfm

In GEAR » 1 Heavy essential item you can' leave at home?
August 22, 7:48am

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm