BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3491 - 3500 of 3613 | Page: 1 ...341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 ...362

Forum » Thread

Re: tube tent ground cloth
It's 2 or 3 mil plastic so should hold up fairly well.

In GEAR » tube tent ground cloth
February 04, 5:40pm

Re: conflict of interest: Manufacturing V reviewing
I would imagine Ryan and his crew are about the most honest out there. Heck, he even takes negative comments about his gear in stride and encourages feedback. Why worry yourself with these matte...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » conflict of interest: Manufacturing V review
January 20, 8:50am

Re: hmm...
The down sleeping bag may be just fine. It needs to be packed sideways on the bottom. I say leave the extra fleece crew and use the down jacket for insulation. Anything that can get wet can be on t...

In GEAR » Not a question of ounces, but of space
January 17, 7:16pm

Re: Not a question of ounces, but of space
In my opinion the last thing you need is a new pack. You have a volume issue (or possibly packing issue) that needs to be resolved. You could put the sleeping pad on the outside of the pack. I ...

In GEAR » Not a question of ounces, but of space
January 17, 7:45am

Re: New Idea
It's a "blog" of news articles about hiking. You can google hiking and get much the same info. Nobody typically pays for blogs. They exist because of the interest in writing by their creators. As y...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New Idea
January 12, 3:49am

Re: many thanks, but...
PJ, I wouldn't worry too much about your posts to Dan McHale. It's not the first time he has gotten agitated with forum postings. The same goes for me...lol. Agitated may be the wrong word. Some pe...

In Chaff » PJ come back!
January 05, 7:04pm

Re: Re: other tarp kits
Anybody can send them a message from their website after going through their three-tiered nonsense of repeatedly telling you they will only respond to shipment or order issues.

In Make Your Own Gear » confusion with Ray Way
January 04, 7:27am

Re: Re: Re: International backpacking gear list
Fleece is not synonymous with soft shell. Fleece is for insulation and a soft shell is sort of a wind resistant/water resistant/abrasion resistant shirt or jacket.

In Gear Lists » International backpacking gear list
January 01, 4:26am

Re: Happy new year.
Happy New Year to you! I think a few people are learning from young RF as well.

In Chaff » Happy new year.
January 01, 4:18am

Re: Ultralight pack suitable for international travel
I wouldn't buy a pack that is right up to the carry-on limit (adding to 45), but instead would get one slightly smaller than carry-on dimensions, say 40-43. Ben Tang and others, please link to s...

In GEAR » Ultralight pack suitable for international travel
January 01, 4:13am

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm