Dan Durston (dandydan) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Cascadia
About Me -
CityThunder Bay
StateON
CountryCanada
My Website URLhttp://www.motorscooterguide.net
My PDF Gear ListBMWO 2013

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dan Durston

Showing 3491 - 3500 of 3949 | Page: 1 ...341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 ...395

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Heel
Dan - first, be sure that it's a bruised heel. pinch your heel from the sides - if that hurts, you may have actually broken your heel bone. When I pinch the sides it hurts a lot...mostly on th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Recover from a bruised heel
September 27, 5:55pm

My 2 yards
It doesn't seem like my 2 yards are going to work out that well since I'm in Canada and seemingly no one else is. If someone from the USA needs my 2 yards to make 9 yards, then I'll gla...

In Make Your Own Gear » Combined order for green cuben - Anybody want some?
September 27, 5:07pm

Roll
This isn't specific to cuben (which I've never used), but I like to roll. I've heard people say to stuff (ie. "Why do you think it's called a STUFF sack?") but doing so pu...

In GEAR » Cuben tarps - roll or stuff?
September 27, 5:04pm

Re: Re: AT Rain Jacket
> Just be aware that most AT thru hikers will tell you a rain jacket will not keep > you dry no matter what, it will just keep you warm. I disagree with this unless you count getting wet ...

In GEAR » Rain Outfit
September 27, 4:49pm

Heel
I did something similar about a month ago when thing went wrong on my mtn bike. It still hurts...doesn't feel much better yet.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Recover from a bruised heel
September 26, 12:53am

Re: Re: Pillows
A roll-top dry bag, same one you used for your sleeping bag and/or clothes, works sorta well... Yup a roll top dry bag is a great way to go. I use a 7 litre roll top dry bag from MEC that weighs...

In GEAR » Pillows
September 25, 6:45pm

Re: Thermarest stuff sack
"A thermarest stuff sack is fleece lined." Which therm-a-rest stuff sack? I have 3 at home (NeoAir, Prolite 3, older Ultralight) and none of them are fleece lined.

In GEAR » Pillows
September 25, 6:42pm

AquaTabs
The stuff I got is called AquaTabs. I picked it up at MEC. Here's what their website says about it: "Each AQUATABS® tablet contains a measured dose of Sodium Dichloroisocyanurate, comm...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » West Coast Trail Gear Questions
September 25, 12:25am

Water
Thanks. My plan is to start off with 1L of water each. Once we are below 1/2 litre each, we'll consolidate the water into one platyBottle and get fill the other PlatyBottle with new water, ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » West Coast Trail Gear Questions
September 24, 6:38pm

Dream Light
My dream headlamp: Zipka style headband, uses single AA batt, waterproof, one 1 watt LED (high, lo settings) + red LED (lo setting). Weight: 1 oz (28g) plus batt = 1.5oz total. That's a lot ...

In GEAR » Market update: UL Flashlights
September 23, 9:55pm

All Reader Reviews by Dan Durston

Showing 1 - 10 of 25 | Page: 1 2 3

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Cuben DuoMid
The DuoMid is the best shelter for solo hikers. Don't be misled by the "Duo" in its name - you could cram two hikers in here but it's poorly suited for that (ie. no vestibule space, ...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
September 22, 1:56pm

Evernew 300ml Dbl Wall Mug (ECA354)
I like the idea of a robust, double wall titanium mug that may be a bit heavier...

In Cookware - Titanium
September 22, 11:01am

Montane Minimus DT Pant
These pants are a very niche product. They're light (4.25oz Med) but the Pertex Shield+ m...

In Clothing - Raingear
September 22, 10:31am

Spark-Lite Fire Starter (Survival Gear - BPL Gear Shop)
I have this kit and the FireLite Mini kit. This sparker is a bit lighter than the FireLite Mini but I don't trust this sparker 100% like I do the FireLite. This sparker doesn't work well wh...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
October 28, 11:21pm

BPL FireLite Firestarter
I love this FireLite Mini. It's the only thing that I 100% trust to start a fire. With a mini Bic you can run out of gas, be at too high of an altitude, get it wet or get it oily. Matches can ...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
October 28, 11:19pm

Hyperlight Mtn Gear Echo I
I wasn't sure where to put this review as the Echo I can be used as either a tarp or a double wall tent. OVERVIEW I've given the Echo I five stars because it's quality construct...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
October 16, 4:15pm

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I've got the original Reed pants (4oz in a size medium) and they are prefect rain pants for UL hiking. They've been adequately durable, totally waterproof and light. I don't want ankle zip...

In Clothing - Raingear
October 15, 10:27pm

Marmot Essence
I'll be the first one to give this jacket 5 stars. Marmot has made a number of changes to this jacket over the years so criticisms of the earlier models are no longer relevant. My Essence is t...

In Clothing - Raingear
October 15, 10:22pm

Baladeo 22 Grams Knife
This knife is a brilliant design. Every part of it is functional and the result is a lot of knife for just 22g (or 24.3g as mine as actually weighs). When I opened the (very nice) box and first played...

In Miscellaneous Products
October 03, 6:10pm

Nite ize S-Biner
After using another small biner that failed due to a poor design, I switched the Nite Ize Size 1 biner for bear bagging this summer. I use one of these to clip to my 1.4mm spectra cord to my food sack...

In Miscellaneous Products
October 03, 5:56pm