Dan Durston (dandydan) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Cascadia
About Me -
CityThunder Bay
StateON
CountryCanada
My Website URLhttp://www.motorscooterguide.net
My PDF Gear ListBMWO 2013

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dan Durston

Showing 3481 - 3490 of 3851 | Page: 1 ...340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 ...386

Forum » Thread

Re: Na on the MSR
Tim: "MSR states that the floor is 50 inches wide. That a crock of crap." There's been a lot of trashing of MSR for this, when in reality MSR does not claim the floor to be 50"...

In GEAR » Tarptent vs MSR
September 11, 12:51pm

Juan de Fuca
I'm starting to plan this JDF trip. Looks like it's going to be October 12th - 16th or so. As per Mike's recommendations, I'm planning to spend nights (in this order) at: 1) Be...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » West Coast Trail Gear Questions
September 11, 1:15am

Re: MSR vs. Tarptent
"I have on order right now a Tarptent Moment(which I also intend to keep) for solo use which will be the majority of my outings" How do you manage to slip away from the wife and kids f...

September 10, 11:18pm

Bombproof
Yes it's bombproof initially...not so much 10 years later. Floors see a lot of abrasion so the waterproofing wears pretty fast....unless you're using a ground sheet but that's the heavi...

September 10, 10:41pm

Floor
From the TarpTent FAQ: Q: Should I order a groundsheet? A: It depends on the conditions you expect to encounter and your style of camping. The sewn-in flooring is remarkably tough and does not ...

September 10, 10:25pm

Re: Tarptent v.s MSR
"Oh, one other thing - the CR2 is about the same size as the regular Rainbow. It is much, much smaller than the Double Rainbow. The single Rainbow is hardly 'about the same size' as...

September 10, 9:58pm

Re: Tarptent v.s MSR
"A 10,000mm rating on the floor is completely, utterly unnecessary unless you decide to set up your tent in a puddle. It is a marketing tool by MSR to make sure that potential consumers are no...

September 10, 9:46pm

Re: Tarptent vs MSR
"Most people carry a ground cloth with a Tarptent for protection from holes, not water." Really? It seems fairly easy to almost eliminate the chance of holes by carefully removing any ...

September 10, 5:29pm

Tyvek
How much does the ground cover weigh?

September 10, 3:48pm

eBay
If you want the non-stick, there is one on eBay for $38

In Gear Swap » WTB: Evernew 1.3L Ti Pot
September 10, 2:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Dan Durston

Showing 1 - 10 of 25 | Page: 1 2 3

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Cuben DuoMid
The DuoMid is the best shelter for solo hikers. Don't be misled by the "Duo" in its name - you could cram two hikers in here but it's poorly suited for that (ie. no vestibule space, ...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
September 22, 1:56pm

Evernew 300ml Dbl Wall Mug (ECA354)
I like the idea of a robust, double wall titanium mug that may be a bit heavier...

In Cookware - Titanium
September 22, 11:01am

Montane Minimus DT Pant
These pants are a very niche product. They're light (4.25oz Med) but the Pertex Shield+ m...

In Clothing - Raingear
September 22, 10:31am

Spark-Lite Fire Starter (Survival Gear - BPL Gear Shop)
I have this kit and the FireLite Mini kit. This sparker is a bit lighter than the FireLite Mini but I don't trust this sparker 100% like I do the FireLite. This sparker doesn't work well wh...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
October 28, 11:21pm

BPL FireLite Firestarter
I love this FireLite Mini. It's the only thing that I 100% trust to start a fire. With a mini Bic you can run out of gas, be at too high of an altitude, get it wet or get it oily. Matches can ...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
October 28, 11:19pm

Hyperlight Mtn Gear Echo I
I wasn't sure where to put this review as the Echo I can be used as either a tarp or a double wall tent. OVERVIEW I've given the Echo I five stars because it's quality construct...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
October 16, 4:15pm

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I've got the original Reed pants (4oz in a size medium) and they are prefect rain pants for UL hiking. They've been adequately durable, totally waterproof and light. I don't want ankle zip...

In Clothing - Raingear
October 15, 10:27pm

Marmot Essence
I'll be the first one to give this jacket 5 stars. Marmot has made a number of changes to this jacket over the years so criticisms of the earlier models are no longer relevant. My Essence is t...

In Clothing - Raingear
October 15, 10:22pm

Baladeo 22 Grams Knife
This knife is a brilliant design. Every part of it is functional and the result is a lot of knife for just 22g (or 24.3g as mine as actually weighs). When I opened the (very nice) box and first played...

In Miscellaneous Products
October 03, 6:10pm

Nite ize S-Biner
After using another small biner that failed due to a poor design, I switched the Nite Ize Size 1 biner for bear bagging this summer. I use one of these to clip to my 1.4mm spectra cord to my food sack...

In Miscellaneous Products
October 03, 5:56pm