BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3451 - 3460 of 3690 | Page: 1 ...337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 ...369

Forum » Thread

Re: SMD niche
John Carter, why isn't the gossamer gear spinnshelter the lightest fully enclosed shelter for foul weather conditions at 9 oz?

In GEAR » New SMD shelters
September 30, 10:35am

Re: Is Wool in ?
Wool has been in for awhile. Some do think it feels warmer next to skin. Many do recommend it.

In GEAR » Is Wool in ?
September 30, 10:26am

Re: Balaclava
Some report windstopper as affecting hearing too. WindPro is said not to affect hearing.

In GEAR » Balaclava
September 29, 7:57am

Re: Fall Clearance at backcountrygear.com
Why does it have that code at the end? I ask because the same area can be reached at http://www.backcountrygear.com/sale.cfm

In Gear Deals » Fall Clearance at backcountrygear.com
September 29, 7:54am

Re: Re: New SMD shelters
Sam, tarps with bug netting have been around for years. I believe the Henry Shires tarptents started that way. Also, Dancing Light Gear had made them for years until they went out of business. So R...

In GEAR » New SMD shelters
September 28, 7:27pm

Re: Re: Pack size Update
45F to 32F and coverage to 20F and some snowfall, rain assumed....is three season in the mountains. True winter conditions would mean temps not reaching 32F as a high during the day. Are you in the...

In GEAR » Pack size?
September 27, 8:12am

Re: Esbits
I know someone that bought the star cooker at an emergency preparedness store in Idaho.

In GEAR » Other Esbit Stove Designs
September 26, 11:27am

Re: Arctic 1000 Gear List and Evaluations
Yes, very surprising we'd hear about it in a British magazine before anything is available to subscribers to either the US magazine or this site.

In GEAR » Arctic 1000 Gear List and Evaluations
September 25, 7:39am

Re: PDF file problem
Hey. I can stop a download to the hard drive with mac and safari, but I cannot stop an in-browser (to be seen with plug in) download.

In Make Your Own Gear » nightlight pad modification
September 21, 12:00pm

Risk versus benefit
A few points of debate below: The good doctors principles for finding safe drinking water seem largely impractical for those persons visiting an area that do not have the time or resources to go...

In Editor's Roundtable » Sipping the Waters: Techniques for Selecting Untreated Backcountry Water for Drinking
September 21, 8:03am

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm