BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3441 - 3450 of 3682 | Page: 1 ...336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 ...369

Forum » Thread

My 4 cents:
David L., I think it means the tablet itself burns completely and leaves no ash. I am betting it will still leave the black junk on your pot. I expect the tablet to work just like hexamine becau...

In GEAR » FireLite tablets
October 03, 8:05am

Re: Re: Re: SMD niche
Come to think about it, I don't even know which shleter he was talking about..lol. I need a nap.

In GEAR » New SMD shelters
September 30, 5:59pm

Re: SMD niche
John Carter, why isn't the gossamer gear spinnshelter the lightest fully enclosed shelter for foul weather conditions at 9 oz?

September 30, 10:35am

Re: Is Wool in ?
Wool has been in for awhile. Some do think it feels warmer next to skin. Many do recommend it.

In GEAR » Is Wool in ?
September 30, 10:26am

Re: Balaclava
Some report windstopper as affecting hearing too. WindPro is said not to affect hearing.

In GEAR » Balaclava
September 29, 7:57am

Re: Fall Clearance at backcountrygear.com
Why does it have that code at the end? I ask because the same area can be reached at http://www.backcountrygear.com/sale.cfm

In Gear Deals » Fall Clearance at backcountrygear.com
September 29, 7:54am

Re: Re: New SMD shelters
Sam, tarps with bug netting have been around for years. I believe the Henry Shires tarptents started that way. Also, Dancing Light Gear had made them for years until they went out of business. So R...

September 28, 7:27pm

Re: Re: Pack size Update
45F to 32F and coverage to 20F and some snowfall, rain assumed....is three season in the mountains. True winter conditions would mean temps not reaching 32F as a high during the day. Are you in the...

In GEAR » Pack size?
September 27, 8:12am

Re: Esbits
I know someone that bought the star cooker at an emergency preparedness store in Idaho.

In GEAR » Other Esbit Stove Designs
September 26, 11:27am

Re: Arctic 1000 Gear List and Evaluations
Yes, very surprising we'd hear about it in a British magazine before anything is available to subscribers to either the US magazine or this site.

In GEAR » Arctic 1000 Gear List and Evaluations
September 25, 7:39am

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm