BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3421 - 3430 of 3704 | Page: 1 ...334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 ...371

Forum » Thread

Re: Question about caffeine products sold on this site
http://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/10/27/energy.drinks.ap/index.html With the increasing abuse of caffeine, at some point a death may very well be blamed on the drug.

In GEAR » Question about caffeine products sold on this site
November 21, 5:11pm

Re: GG Nightlight / ULA Conduit
Mine goes in a Golite Dawn first against the back. Next goes in a liner next to the pad. Gear goes in liner. Works great!

In GEAR » GG Nightlight / ULA Conduit
November 21, 4:49pm

Re: Question about caffeine products sold on this site
I tried the caffeine pills in school and it upset my stomach every time I took it. So I avoid those thingies.

In GEAR » Question about caffeine products sold on this site
November 20, 11:33am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Winter Adventure Racing
1. I think you'd get by with a 0 degree F rated bag 2. OR Brooks ranger low overboots are half the weight for slipping in while stopped. 3. What about gortex montrails with gaiter

In Gear Lists » Winter Expedition Race Gear List
November 20, 11:28am

Organizing your outdoor gear
How do you organize your outdoor gear? What containers do you use to separate larger and smaller items?

In GEAR » Organizing your outdoor gear
November 19, 9:42pm

Re: POE/WXTex Clones @ Cabela's
Potentially, POE makes them for Simms who then sticks their name on them.

In GEAR » POE/WXTex Clones @ Cabela's
November 19, 7:22pm

Re: UL 8000meters BOOTS
Filippo, do you plan to go with a group or solo? The David Sharp solo incident last year was sad. Why he thought he should attempt that alone is beyond me. Discovery Channel has a good show about E...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » UL 8000meters BOOTS
November 19, 2:50pm

Re: Re: Unsupported/Unresupplied/Thru-Hikes
Richard, what is your background? You have a very analytical approach to problem solving, so I was figuring you are a scientist?

In Philosophy & Technique » Unsupported/Unresupplied/Thru-Hikes
November 18, 8:07am

Re: Re: Vapo barriers, condensation and bivies
Don't devote too much thought to the "Whacko Jacko" Stephenson vapor barrier article, because alot of it is BS...my opinion of course.

In GEAR » Vapo barriers, condensation and bivies
November 17, 7:11pm

Re: Re: Re: SUS vs SUL?
Ryan, I can go for a week out of a golite dawn at 2500 cubes and my bpw is not SUL. I think the cutoff volume should be around 2000 cubes or 33 liters.

In GEAR » SUS vs SUL?
November 17, 6:54pm

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm