BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3411 - 3420 of 4586 | Page: 1 ...333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 ...459

Forum » Thread

Re: Nalgene + Fosters can, the perfect ultralight combination?
Franko, I have used the Caddy extensively for meals. The top as a cup and the bottom as a bowl. No taste, cleans with a swish and a gulp. Oh yea, it also protects the cone and can.

In Make Your Own Gear » Nalgene + Fosters can, the perfect ultralight combination?
November 21, 8:50pm

Re: FS: Canon G10
James, I'll take it, if it is still available. PayPal ready. Greg Salida, Colorado

In Gear Swap » FS: Canon G10
November 21, 3:21pm

Re: ClearViewer Viewfinder/LCDViewer
Here are interesting mods to the Clearviewer. Comments on the first page of the above thread cover use and impressions.

In Photography » ClearViewer Viewfinder/LCDViewer
November 21, 11:46am

Re: GoLite Footwear Competition and Fire Reviews
I hope durability becomes an issue. GoLites might wear faster than others but not by much. I went through a pair of Inov8 330's on the JMT. I have about 200 miles on some Salomons that ar...

In Editor's Roundtable » GoLite Footwear Competition and Fire Reviews
November 17, 7:58pm

Re: "24: Nine Months 'til Summer"
I didn't hike the hike, only watched the video, and my feet are Freezing just from watching! Geeze, get some footware. If you frost up we won't get anymore 24:'s. But, wonderful...

In Editor's Roundtable » 24: Nine Months 'til Summer
November 17, 5:25pm

Re: New Prophet
No, but delivery might be a little sloooowwwww.....

In GEAR » 2010 MLD Prophets
November 17, 1:23pm

Re: PLB's, SPOTS vs. Cutting the Cord
Art, I can send you my Lat/Lon. Can you send someone to explain it to me? much appreciated... gotta run now...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » PLB's, SPOTS vs. Cutting the Cord
November 16, 7:55am

Re: Cuben Fiber
Regarding the video... In the 2nd example it was obvious that one 'way' tore easier than the other - with the fibers. In his 3rd example it looks like he was trying to tear it 'ac...

In GEAR » Are cuben fiber packs and tarps holding up?
November 15, 7:48am

Re: Re: Cuben shelter. only 6 oz.
Chris, Ron uses black reinforcement at the top... And I don't see door tie-outs. Otherwise, "Imitation is the best form of flattery". But, being shorter, I wonder why it isn'...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben shelter. only 6 oz.
November 15, 7:32am

Re: Fosters Can
Michael, They roll-form a lip into the can at that location to provide the support interface to the Cone. I think (WAG) that discontinuity concentrated the stess from the flexing. The can what...

In GEAR » Caldera Cone Keg-Foster's: I broke mine
November 14, 2:40pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm