Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3411 - 3420 of 6026 | Page: 1 ...333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 ...603

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: testing
Dan, I missed your edit and the added question - "How relevant is your test that you describe with heavily used lightweight Cuben? Did it leak during use?" "Leaking" wasn...

In GEAR » Cuben - The 422 mm hydrostatic head dirty little secret
March 19, 5:03pm

Re: testing
Dan, There have been long discussions regarding the "misting" of silnylon. Then Cuben came along, a strong, "impervious" laminate, which appeared to be the holy grain of "...

March 19, 4:56pm

Re: testing, testing....
Dan, Others have mentioned the observed waterproofness of the heavier (1.26ounce) cuben, for instance, when kneeling on wet ground. And I believe initial testing of lightweight virgin cuben also s...

March 19, 4:23pm

WTB: Montbell UL #2 - LONG
I'm looking for a Montbell #2 UL SuperStretch or SuperSpiral LONG, right or left zip. Some wear and tear is OK, but good to excellent is preferred. PayPal preferred, but I will gladly send ...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Montbell UL #2 - LONG
March 19, 8:41am

Re: Mini Bic Status
"I just make sure I throw em out when I suspect their fuel is low after several outings." In a dark room, shine your headlamp through the plastic body. You'll be able to see the f...

In Gear Lists » Please help me move from 1-season to 3-season
March 18, 3:40pm

Re: Its yours
Scott, I must not have been logged in when I looked at your profile, hence could not see your PM set up.. My bad. PMed with details, and payment sent. Thanks.

In Gear Swap » FS: Montbell UL SS down hugger #3 long
March 18, 3:05pm

Re: I agree
The SPOT recall did not relate to GPS fixes, but to waterproofing and pressure issues. Any "grain of truth" surrounding "failure to lock" in 2nd generation SPOT has to be tem...

In GEAR » SPOT Connect
March 18, 2:40pm

Re: ''I also measured the air porosity and it is 0''
A fabric's air porosity is measured at 0.5" of water pressure - 12.5mm - very low pressure compared to "waterproof" standards around 10,000mm, and low even when compare to the ~4...

March 18, 2:18pm

Re: Richard, Roger, Ron, ....
Just curious which "scientific types" might be having back-channel discussions, if preliminary approaches are being defined, and when we might hear about them. Anecdotal stories and co...

March 18, 1:14pm

Re: Re: Bleh
Although "product reviews" on Amazon make for interesting reading, I would be more inclined to follow Equipped to Survive for solid testing and review. IMHO.

In GEAR » SPOT Connect
March 18, 12:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm