Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3411 - 3420 of 5229 | Page: 1 ...333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 ...523

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: ugh!
No, I'll just cut the tall pocket, fold the cut under the new "top" pocket, elasticisze the top of the new "bottom" pocket, and ta da... two great pockets. That match the o...

In GEAR » SMD new '10 Swift pack is shipping!
May 06, 7:56pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Probably Asked A Million Times - Alcohol Stove
"...that no alcohol stove exists that's going to do what he wants..." In your humble opinion... The OP is asking for insight, which he is occasionally getting. That's the w...

In GEAR » Probably Asked A Million Times - Alcohol Stove
May 06, 7:52pm

Re: ugh!
Konrad, I'm about to hack the tall pocket on my Mariposa Plus for a number of reasons, one of them being aesthetics. So you're not the only one out here.

In GEAR » SMD new '10 Swift pack is shipping!
May 06, 7:45pm

Re: Re: Probably Asked A Million Times - Alcohol Stove
OP: "I'm looking for an alcohol stove...: Poster #12: "No, you need a canister stove..." I still don't get it.

May 06, 7:33pm

Re: Re: Probably Asked A Million Times - Alcohol Stove
"I'm looking for an alcohol stove..." "No, you really want a canister stove...." I don't get it.

May 06, 5:37pm

Re: Probably Asked A Million Times - Alcohol Stove
Commendable start, by providing specifications - A couple of clarifications though: How long do you need to simmer? Is this just to keep something "steamed", or are you using mo...

May 06, 5:26pm

Re: Aerogel
Any "a house properly insulated with Aerogel" could be heated with candle. Marketing Buzz. Canadian SuperInsulated houses have been doing this for decades with standard fiberglass i...

In GEAR » SIAP - Champion Supersuit
May 06, 5:02pm

Re: Bearikade
Michael, Bearikade is currently NOT approved by the "Interagency Grizzly Bear Committee", and therefore, not Tetons NP. Only - Garcia Machine's Backpacker Model 812-C BearVau...

In GEAR » I have to buy Ber Canisters.... Crap
May 06, 1:38pm

Re: Suggestions for a Hoodless 30° Bag
So, I think I'm looking for a Megalite that I can hack. Thanks for the input. Edit: Who else besides WM makes a Wide bag? It would be nice to find one that has the same fabric top and ...

In GEAR » Suggestions for a Hoodless 30° Bag
May 06, 12:09pm

Re: Pairing Air Pad and Blue Foam
Door Number 2.

In GEAR » Pairing Air Pad and Blue Foam
May 06, 11:59am

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm