Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3411 - 3420 of 5845 | Page: 1 ...333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 ...585

Forum » Thread

Re: I'll take it!
Joel, CONUS is CONtinental United States. Which you are. So he will ship to you, no problem. For someone in France, there could be an added charge.

In Gear Swap » FS: Tarptent Squall 2
January 10, 2:42pm

Re: where to purchase
Look Here

In GEAR » Big Sky Ultra C Aluminum Tent Stakes
January 10, 2:31pm

Re: WTS Deuter Dream lite 500 Sleeping Bag
Daniel, You don't have PMs enabled. Do so in Change My Profile, under 'Community' above and to the right. That will help with communicating with buyers. Also, how do you want payment...

In Gear Swap » WTS Deuter Dream lite 500 Sleeping Bag
January 10, 2:28pm

Re: Re: Re: neat!
Ben, I believe you. I wasn't suggesting the Ultra C are whimpy. But I know some aluminum wouldn't work well work for stakes. I'll probably order a set just to try them out. T...

January 10, 12:44pm

Re: neat!
If you find generics, I would buy one or two, then test them in something hard. Not all aluminum is tough enough for bashing. I have a similar looking aluminum stake that is worthless.

January 10, 11:41am

Re: p-cord
Ryan, Consider a a couple of double pulleys, one with a beckett, for a 5:1 "block and tackle" system. Two doubles 1" weigh about 10 ounces. And of course you'll need 5 times t...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » BSA Northern Tier 2011
January 10, 11:32am

Re: Hanging Food
Not a Scout, so don't know all "rules", but... Consider using a 2" pulley (3 ounces) in the middle of a line with the foodbag line going through it. MUCH, MUCH easier to haul...

January 10, 11:07am

Re: Sold
SOLD.

In Gear Swap » FS: MSR Sweetwater Silt Stopper
January 10, 10:22am

Re: BSA Northern Tier 2011
Never been there. Not a Boy Scout. But Canada + Water + July ? There is no real predicting on bugs, except: Yes. I'd consider a sewing project where everyone ends up with a headnet. A...

January 10, 8:48am

Re: Winter Program Trip Help
"Is the z-rest + neoair combo going to be enough to inhibit conductive heat loss?" A generalization is that the R-Value of ground insulation should equal top insulation. You do the ...

In GEAR » Winter Program Trip Help
January 10, 8:33am

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm