Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3411 - 3420 of 5911 | Page: 1 ...333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 ...592

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Training Simplified
"Read about how your brain tries to retain and regain body weight." George, Got any references? I'd love to learn more about setpoints and how to change them. Thanks.

In Philosophy & Technique » Training & Workout
January 28, 10:11pm

Re: Ignore only the suggestion immediately above
Especially ignore the post immediately above...

In GEAR » PCT shoes help
January 27, 9:14pm

JMT: Taboose Pass Resupply - Know a Resource?
I'm looking at Piute Pass to Whitney Portal, about 120 miles. Taboose Pass is right in the middle. So, I'd like to get a resupply at Taboose Pass, around July/August. (8 miles and 60...

In Philosophy & Technique » JMT: Taboose Pass Resupply - Know a Resource?
January 27, 9:04pm

Re: Re: Golite.com--40% off
Darren, Couple of questions - The Golite site says "For all other consumer and retail enquiries, please email us at international.info@golite.com." Have you given that a try? H...

In Gear Deals » Golite.com--40% off
January 27, 3:35pm

Re: Re: Lone Pine Motels
+1 on Whoa Nelli Deli. Go out of your way if you have to, Don't be put off by the Mini-Mart decor. The line(s) move fast. The food.... oh yea!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Lee Vining & Lone Pine Motels
January 27, 3:16pm

Winds: Wall Lake to Photo Pass Experience?
Part of an upcoming trip includes a route from Wall Lake to Photo Pass - North Section South Section Anyone been there, done that? It looks doable, with a little care and some common ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Winds: Wall Lake to Photo Pass Experience?
January 27, 12:48pm

Re: TK Image
Flagyl versus Alcohol (metronidazole) Another type of antibiotic that comes with a specific warning not to take alongside alcohol is metronidazole. Used to treat dental infections, infected leg ...

In User Test Forum » TK Image
January 27, 12:36pm

Re: Yes, quilts in winter
Here is my solution to draft-free quilting - I added grosgrain loops, thin shockcord, and a cordlock or two. Makes it real easy to get the "backside" pulled in tight, and keep it t...

In GEAR » Why am I still cold with this winter quilt?
January 27, 11:34am

Re: Todd...
Just in case you're still struggling, look Here for the ugly details.

In User Test Forum » testing add a link?
January 26, 6:58pm

Re: Baking
I have dry baked in my Vargo/Evernew 1.3 without problems. Nicer color now, and still pretty flat on the bottom.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » convert Evernew pan to oven
January 24, 8:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm