Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3401 - 3410 of 3725 | Page: 1 ...332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 ...373

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Heavy duty drugs
Heard that..I attended the funeral of a guy I went to school with who became an OB/GYN doc and he died after taking tylenol 3 (contains codeine).

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Heavy duty drugs
December 18, 7:23am

Re: Re: Re: Heavy duty drugs
Vicodin may be most requested for a fak. Your doc would have to agree.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Heavy duty drugs
December 17, 8:13pm

Re: Re: Re: Vapo barriers, condensation and bivies
minimum water per day should be three liters...mis spoke http://www.wemjournal.org/pdfserv/i1080-6032-006-04-0407.pdf

In GEAR » Vapo barriers, condensation and bivies
December 17, 8:03pm

Re: Re: Vapo barriers, condensation and bivies
Below is the Warmlite article on vapor barriers with my comments in bold- John Vapor Barrier - Why? Ice, solid water, has very low energy. To melt ice to liquid water you must add 144 BTUs pe...

In GEAR » Vapo barriers, condensation and bivies
December 17, 1:46pm

Re: testes, testes...1, 2, 3

In User Test Forum » testes, testes...1, 2, 3
December 17, 1:31pm

testes, testes...1, 2, 3
Seeing how this worksExample

In User Test Forum » testes, testes...1, 2, 3
December 17, 12:59pm

Tent banned
High-Altitude Flatus Expulsion (HAFE) High-altitude flatus expulsion (HAFE) is the spontaneous and unwelcome passage of increased quantities of rectal gas noted at high altitude. It may become a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I Got Banned
December 16, 6:09pm

Re: Cold Perception, dehydration, frostbite and urination
The part I was debating was "To bring the heat/blood into the trunk requires that your body make room for the blood. So your body empties the bladder." Roman's statement seems to i...

In Gear Lists » Making a sleeping system warmer
December 15, 11:45am

Re: AT stove combination
Vick, did you use fiberglass in your tea candle stove? I used one of those a couple of years ago and that is what I would always use for an alcohol stove. It's easy. Fringe Flake

In Make Your Own Gear » AT stove combination
December 15, 10:56am

Re: Re: Cold Perception
Roman, I'd be theorizing peripheral vasoconstriction --> increased blood volume --> increased urine production by kidney --> filling bladder --> cold perception by autonomic nervous...

In Gear Lists » Making a sleeping system warmer
December 15, 8:11am

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm