BPL Community Profile

Nick Larsen (stingray4540) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale South Bay
About Me Nick Larsen has not added a biography yet.
StateCalifornia
My PDF Gear ListGearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Larsen

Showing 341 - 350 of 374 | Page: 1 ...19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

Forum » Thread

Western sierras too
Just wanted to let you know you don't have to completely rule out the western sierras. They should easily be reached within 5-6 hours.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Loops In Sierra/Kings Canyon/Etc Coming from Vegas
April 21, 6:02am

Re: Re: Tarp on rock
"Or, tie line to the middle of the stake, place stake on ground sideways, put large rock on it, I think this is called 'deadman'" -Jerry Adams I would suggest this method! Ho...

In GEAR » Tarp on rock
April 20, 9:08am

Re: Noob to Lightweight needs help!
Or a tarp with inner net... Six moon designs, Mountain Laurel Designs, Zpacks. There are lots of different shapes of tarps nowadays, a lot of which offer great rain protection, even when comi...

In GEAR » Noob to Lightweight needs help!
April 18, 10:29am

Re: Merino Wool Socks Wet!!
Wool = Warm when wet, but dry very slowly.

In GEAR » Merino Wool Socks Wet!!
April 18, 6:20am

Integrated into boots/shoes?
Funny you should start this topic, I too have recently been pondering how to bring waders for fly fishing without adding too much weight. I was thinking though, instead of socks, etc. that you w...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben fishing waders
April 15, 2:42pm

Re: Re: Re: Please help recommend a double-wall, 2-3 person, freestanding tent.
Well, before I make a suggestion, could I try to persuade you to drop one of your requirements? If you lose the "freestanding" requirement, it will open a world of other options to you...

In GEAR » Please help recommend a double-wall, 2-3 person, freestanding tent.
April 14, 12:49pm

Re: Re: lightest mesh for backpacks?
Terry: Thanks, you gave me a lot more information to look at, and other pack designs to study. a gould: Ooooh, that's not a bad idea. It would be terribly mundane though. Maybe something to ...

In Make Your Own Gear » lightest mesh for backpacks?
April 12, 12:25pm

Pack design
Ok, so I suppose I should elaborate a little more on the details of my design. I'm basically trying to make a light version of an Osprey Atmos style pack and harness system by using lighter ma...

April 12, 10:31am

Anyone?
Really? With all the great MYOG people on this sight, no one has any experience or thoughts on mesh?

April 12, 9:02am

auto glass repair
I thought I remembered someone mentioning auto glass repair stuff for seam sealing. Could that stuff be used for cuben? Or was that for silnylon only?

In GEAR » Cuben fabric
April 11, 2:13pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Larsen

Nick Larsen has posted no reviews.