Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Leigh Baker (leighb) - BPL Guest

My Locale Northeast Texas Pineywoods
About Me Nearly 60,but in better shape than at 40! Always hiked, love the outdoors and nature. Started backpacking just over 3 yrs. ago,fortunately began UL thanks to BPL. Also an avid paddler,and special education teacher.
My PDF Gear ListEarly Fall/Late Spring weekend list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Leigh Baker

Showing 341 - 350 of 470 | Page: 1 ...26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ...47

Forum » Thread

re: meetup
Thanks all, Evan, that's exactly what I'm afraid of. Do you mind if I pm you about the google group concept you speak of?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Starting a meetup group for backpackers?
July 23, 8:32am

Starting a meetup group for backpackers?
I live in the middle of nowhere and while I do plug into some out of area groups and forums, I'm considering starting a local meetup group. Is this insane? Has anyone else tried this? Anything ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Starting a meetup group for backpackers?
July 23, 6:53am

re: "Why are you not a Member of BPL?"
Well, since you asked, and I'm glad you did :) As a green newbie, I became a member a yr ago and recently rejoined after letting it lapse, missing the rejoin incentive, but at the time it just...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why are you not a Member of BPL?
July 22, 6:28am

re:"Why Kenyan Women Can School Soldiers and Backpackers"
That's a very cool article, thanks for sharing! I'm going to look for the full story in Nature!

In Philosophy & Technique » Why Kenyan Women Can School Soldiers and Backpackers
July 22, 5:44am

re: "Missing Hiker Last Seen In Montana Backcountry"
Caleb, I too am sorry to hear about your brother. You and your family will be in my thoughts, and I hope he is found soon.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Missing Hiker Last Seen In Montana Backcountry
July 20, 6:50am

re:"SeaBear Smoked Salmon Super Discount"
I agree with Will's first statement, and thanks so much for the info, I'll check it out too.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » SeaBear Smoked Salmon Super Discount
July 20, 6:40am

thanks all
16 oz turned out to be fine, I actually ended up with about 4.5 oz left. No weight loss afterward. I was pretty certain that for 4 days it would be fine. As for my list, I don't eat meat and do...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Amount of food
July 13, 6:49am

not trying to hijack, but
now that BPL has discontinued it's headnet, what's a good option?

In GEAR » Bug Head Gear Protection
July 08, 9:31am

Amount of food
I will be hiking with a group in the S. San Juan Mts. of CO next week. I have found 16 oz per day to be adequate when 3 season hiking in AR, up to 3 days,but not sure it's adequate for the abo...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Amount of food
June 25, 7:03pm

re:Sun Gloves
I had a pr. I bought from a fishing site. Light and spf 50 I believe. Try googling.

In GEAR » Sun Gloves?
June 25, 4:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Leigh Baker

Leigh Baker has posted no reviews.