BPL Community Profile

Leigh Baker (leighb) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Northeast Texas Pineywoods
About Me Nearly 60,but in better shape than at 40! Always hiked, love the outdoors and nature. Started backpacking just over 3 yrs. ago,fortunately began UL thanks to BPL. Also an avid paddler,and special education teacher.
My PDF Gear ListEarly Fall/Late Spring weekend list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Leigh Baker

Showing 341 - 350 of 460 | Page: 1 ...26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Forum » Thread

re:"Kayaking trip report in Southeast Alaska"
Wow! Thanks for sharing your beautiful "neck of the woods." I enjoyed many of your other trip pics as well :)

In Post-Trip Reports » Kayaking trip report in Southeast Alaska
June 13, 1:13pm

re:quick perusal of list please"
Thanks Nate, The PLB is not figured in the wt. it's in the next column, it only goes with me when I solo, same for several other items. Should have explained that. Also, yes I'm looking fo...

In Gear Lists » quick perusal of list please
June 10, 6:06am

quick perusal of list please
My list is in my profile, I'd appreciate input. South San Juan Mtns. Late June Thanks,

In Gear Lists » quick perusal of list please
June 10, 4:42am

narrow trail runner
I'm a women, but I long skinny feet and have found that Salomon work great, although I had to add arch supports because I started having knee issues. I like that they also have a comfortable to...

In GEAR » Can anyone recommend light weight trail shoes which run narrow?
June 10, 4:20am

re: pack
David, You ask an excellent question. When I look at individual item weights I carry, the heaviest is my pack, and if I could find a suitable 2 lb pack, it would drop my wt by a lb, which is signi...

In GEAR » Oxymoronic pack question?
June 09, 9:33am

re: packs
Thanks everyone, gives me lots to research! Nate, My baseweight without pack for my upcoming San Juan, CO trip is 8.3 lbs. I'm shooting for 10 lbs or below with pack. Right now I'm at 1...

June 09, 7:41am

Oxymoronic pack question?
Does anyone make a very light weight backpack with aluminum stays? Is it possible to build a pack out of cuben but still have a supportive hip belt and stays? I'm using a Deuter pack now becaus...

June 09, 5:59am

re: olive oil
Nick Sciabica & Sons of Modesto, CA has some of the best out there. Never knew how really good olive oil could taste!!

In GEAR » Lightest energy bar high in calories and fiber?
June 06, 8:22pm

re:"Cricket door, camp stool, just because...."
Yes Doug, Please do let us know about the chair's durability. Both are very cool!

In GEAR » Cricket door, camp stool, just because....
June 06, 8:01pm

re: whoopie slings
Have you been to the Hammock Forums? There are lots of resources there, including videos. Try a search and you should come up with all kinds of info.....probably more than you want :)

In Hammocks » whoopie slings....
June 02, 6:50pm

All Reader Reviews by Leigh Baker

Leigh Baker has posted no reviews.