J W (jhaura) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale www.Trailability.com
About Me https://instagram.com/jhaurawachsman
CityOjai
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://Trailability.com
My PDF Gear ListJhaura's 3 Season, Sub-5, Updated Feb 16, 2012

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by J W

Showing 341 - 350 of 605 | Page: 1 ...26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ...61

Forum » Thread

Re: Anybody hike w/ Salomon S-Lab XA Pro 3 boots?
Hey Roleigh, If you search the forums you will see a complete review with pictures of this shoe by the current record speed holder for the JMT. Best, Jhaura

In GEAR » Anybody hike wearing Salomon S-Lab XA Pro 3 ?
January 10, 6:39pm

Re: Montbell U.L. Thermawrap Inner Vest
offer made, email sent.

In Gear Swap » Montbell U.L. Thermawrap Inner Vest
January 07, 11:23pm

Re: Windpants
Josh, I really like the Golite Whim windpants. They breathe well and have a decent dwr, even when that wears off, the fabric is calendered and tightly woven so water runs off well. My size small...

In Winter Hiking » snow pants
January 05, 7:25pm

2008 Golite Virga 5.6oz!
Anyone know/heard about the new Golite Virga rain jacket coming in at 5.6oz!? It is listed as a prototype in Skurka's gearlist for his GWL trip that was recently completed. http://www.andrew...

In GEAR » 2008 Golite Virga 5.6oz!
December 30, 5:48pm

Re: Golite Venture 20 Bag
Yeah, not a bad price, but they sell for $170 or so on ebay plus $15 shipping, so the price is still lower on ebay everyday. Good catch though, sometimes these do turn out to be cheaper than eba...

In Gear Deals » Golite Venture 20 Bag
December 26, 8:40pm

In Gear Swap » FS: Snow Peak 700 Ti Mug, Patagonia, BPL, TOPO!
December 24, 2:50pm

December 23, 11:24am

December 22, 1:18pm

Re: 2007 Picks
1. Patagonia Wool 2 Crew - very soft, multi-purpose piece of gear. No stink too! 2. GG Whisper - A classic. Work of art. 3. Tie: JRB No Sniveller and the new Dri-Ducks - both very versatile. ...

In Editor's Roundtable » 2007 Backpacking Light Staff Picks
December 06, 9:57pm

In Gear Swap » FS: Ti Goat Carbon Fiber Poles, JRB Quilt, Balance Bars, More...
November 21, 8:50pm

All Reader Reviews by J W

Showing 1 - 7 of 7 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Titanium Goat Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
Just received these poles so this is a pre-trip review. Superb craftsmanship, super light and exactly what I would have made if I could do it myself. The adjustable mechanism is easy to use and ...

In Trekking Poles
July 04, 10:45pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Zip Pack
The perfect balance between light weight and durability with features like side pockets, padded shoulder straps and dyneema spectra grid fabric, all for under 10 oz. I have a second generation one,...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 25, 7:10pm

Patagonia Men's Wool 2 Crew long sleeve
I love this shirt more than any other I own. The only problem is the durability. I'm on my second one and have had numorous holes 1/8" to 1/4" in diameter pop up all over on both. Also, ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
June 25, 11:43am

Adventure Medical Kits Heatsheets Emergency Bivvy
Rating 4/5 because the construction was under par. They use tape to form the bivy shape from a single piece of material. The tape job was sloppy with some holes in the bottom. Other than that a great ...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
December 18, 12:05pm

Gossamer Gear
Thumbs up to GG. They don't make a lot of items, rather a few quality niche packs and other gear. I really like their sourcing of other industry items and presenting them for backpacking, such as the ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
November 29, 7:38pm

Gossamer Gear G6 Whisper
Initial Review Oct 2006: Out of the box I love it, light as a feather, VERY well made and sized perfect for my intended use. I really like the shape, it's like a slim aerodynamic sled. GG's products a...

In Backpacks - Frameless
October 16, 8:00pm

Backpacking Light Ti Esbit stove
Just got mine in the mail and tinkered with it a bit. Like the previous reviewer, the rivet looks very suspect. I will write more after some use. Drilled the rivet out to remove the pan. The pan we...

In Stoves - Other
August 16, 8:03pm