Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

J W (jhaura) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Trail
About Me J W has not added a biography yet.
CityOjai
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by J W

Showing 341 - 350 of 627 | Page: 1 ...26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ...63

Forum » Thread

Re: MLD Funky Proto Sale
Ditto on never receiving the emails. I check my spam/junk often as well and it was not there either. I too missed the sale because of this.

In Gear Deals » MLD Funky Proto Sale
February 10, 11:05am

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD eVent Bivy, Golite Vision Pack, Nathan 063 Pack
February 08, 7:01pm

Re: Windshirt still needed with eVent jacket?
John, Perhaps it makes a difference depending on one's hiking style. Personally, I run or walk fast, and no wtb jacket event or other has been able to keep up with that. I'm talking a...

In GEAR » Windshirt still needed with eVent jacket?
February 06, 11:45pm

Mild Cold and Wet Overnighter S. California
This weekend I did a fun overnighter in rain and snow to test some wet/cold strategies. It was fun and I learned alot. Here is a link to the photos. The first photo has a full trip report and each ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Mild Cold and Wet Overnighter S. California
February 04, 11:03am

In Gear Swap » WTB: Gatewood Cape
February 03, 8:55pm

Re: FS : MLD tarp - Tigoat bivy
Seconds on the tarp if the previous poster falls through.

In Gear Swap » FS : MLD tarp - Tigoat bivy
January 31, 8:30pm

Oware Alphamini's at BPL?
Does anyone know when the Oware Alphamini will be out and approx cost? Look sweet, but I'd like to see just a little angle on the front panel (door) like the gatewood or wild oasis. Seems like ...

In GEAR » Oware Alphamini's at BPL?
January 27, 6:36pm

Re: The Official "I Photoshop'd My BPL Rank Into My Avatar Picture" Weenie Roast
Oh, thanks, that reminds me that I need to update my rank!

In Chaff » The Official "I Photoshop'd My BPL Rank Into My Avatar Picture" Weenie Roast
January 27, 12:44pm

Re: Homeopathy and Poison Oak/Ivy
Yes there are homeo products for ivy. I use hyland's ivy/oak pills. Hyland's Pills Cal Aloe is a natural calamine lotion which I've had great success with putting the itch at bay ...

In GEAR » Embrace the Oak - Gear cleaning tips?
January 25, 11:23am

Re: Part 1: Principles and Techniques for Keeping Feet Dry and Warm
Excellent work Will and Janet! I reread it this year to brush up. With all the talk lately about poor article quality of late, this is a fine example of the good ol' days. Thanks!

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Footwear Systems for Snow Travel
Part 1: Principles and Techniques for Keeping Feet Dry and Warm

January 24, 8:36pm

All Reader Reviews by J W

Showing 1 - 7 of 7 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Titanium Goat Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
Just received these poles so this is a pre-trip review. Superb craftsmanship, super light and exactly what I would have made if I could do it myself. The adjustable mechanism is easy to use and ...

In Trekking Poles
July 04, 10:45pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Zip Pack
The perfect balance between light weight and durability with features like side pockets, padded shoulder straps and dyneema spectra grid fabric, all for under 10 oz. I have a second generation one,...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 25, 7:10pm

Patagonia Men's Wool 2 Crew long sleeve
I love this shirt more than any other I own. The only problem is the durability. I'm on my second one and have had numorous holes 1/8" to 1/4" in diameter pop up all over on both. Also, ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
June 25, 11:43am

Adventure Medical Kits Heatsheets Emergency Bivvy
Rating 4/5 because the construction was under par. They use tape to form the bivy shape from a single piece of material. The tape job was sloppy with some holes in the bottom. Other than that a great ...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
December 18, 12:05pm

Gossamer Gear
Thumbs up to GG. They don't make a lot of items, rather a few quality niche packs and other gear. I really like their sourcing of other industry items and presenting them for backpacking, such as the ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
November 29, 7:38pm

Gossamer Gear G6 Whisper
Initial Review Oct 2006: Out of the box I love it, light as a feather, VERY well made and sized perfect for my intended use. I really like the shape, it's like a slim aerodynamic sled. GG's products a...

In Backpacks - Frameless
October 16, 8:00pm

Backpacking Light Ti Esbit stove
Just got mine in the mail and tinkered with it a bit. Like the previous reviewer, the rivet looks very suspect. I will write more after some use. Drilled the rivet out to remove the pan. The pan we...

In Stoves - Other
August 16, 8:03pm