BPL Community Profile

John Whynot (jdw01776) - BPL Guest

My Locale Southeast Texas
About Me Hiking and backpacking (on and off) since 1976, mainly in the northeastern United States.
CityHouston
StateTX
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Whynot

Showing 341 - 350 of 557 | Page: 1 ...26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ...56

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Black / Biting Flies
>>Ole Time Woodsman Fly Dope I've used this -- it's a New England classic, with a distinct odor. I believe it had coal tar as an ingredient. I'm not sure it was all that effect...

In GEAR » mosquito protection
May 08, 9:26am

Re: Re: Yipes!
I remember the first time I used my MSR Model G -- I kept thinking "This thing can't be safe", but it was a great stove. As was my SVEA 123...

In Editor's Roundtable » Everything Weighs Something
May 08, 8:32am

Re: Re: Best BBL (bear bagging line) for ~10lbs food.
I've been happy with the BPL Aircore Pro UrsaLite cord. Works much better than paracord...

In GEAR » Best BBL (bear bagging line) for ~10lbs food.
May 01, 9:03am

Re: Re: Re: Re: GG Thinlight pads
Somewhere Scott Williamson's gear for his 2006 PCT yo-yo is listed, and he used a 1/8 inch pad...

In GEAR » GG Thinlight pads
April 26, 8:15pm

Re: Simblissity Levagaiters
@Austin -- I still do have the instructions. Please PM me with your address, and I will mail them to you. Better yet, also include your e-mail, and I will scan, and e-mail...

In GEAR » Simblissity Levagaiters
April 25, 7:51pm

Re: Re: Simblissity Levagaiters
These gaiters don't velcro to your shoe, they open and close in front with velcro, and the lace hook adjusts depending on far down your shoes lace-up. I had a pair, but never used them, so I...

In GEAR » Simblissity Levagaiters
April 25, 7:33pm

Re: Steripen Adventurer
My concern with the Gatorade bottle is you can't stir the water very well. Right now, I'm thinking I'll use my cooking pot, and then pour the water into my reused Propel bottle...

In GEAR » Favorite CHEAP bottle for Steripen use
April 24, 3:50pm

Re: Favorite CHEAP bottle for Steripen use
I bought the Opti several weeks ago, and I haven't found any reused bottle it will fit into...

In GEAR » Favorite CHEAP bottle for Steripen use
April 24, 1:52pm

Re: "Thoughts on long distance food"
I'll add my support for the Mary Jane's meals. A little low on calories, but enough for me. Best price is direct from Mary Jane's Outpost. Also available in bulk package. Usually I'...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Thoughts on long distance food
April 19, 9:04pm

Re: AT 5-days List Review Please
In late April of 2008, I did the section from Salisbury, CT to Lee, MA. The trail was wet (actually like a creek in places) and muddy. I really wished I had a pair of Gore-Tex socks to wear on t...

In Gear Lists » AT 5-days List Review Please
April 17, 9:11pm

All Reader Reviews by John Whynot

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

StickPic camera mount
A clever, well-engineered, and lightweight (0.35 ounces by my scale) gadget for mounting a camera on the tip of a trekking pole. Should work with any compact camera with a tripod socket. Works ver...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
June 16, 10:55am

BPL Thorofare Trekking Pants
I purchased these as a replacement for my overbuilt Montbell Stretch Windpants. The fabric of the Trekking pants is a microgrid ripstop nylon, with a slightly textured inner surface. Size medium...

In Clothing - Raingear
December 07, 8:31pm