BPL Community Profile

christopher smead (hamsterfish) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale hamsterfish
About Me part hamster, part fish
http://youtu.be/w5TcasqkS1I
CitySan Jose
StateCA
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by christopher smead

Showing 341 - 350 of 561 | Page: 1 ...26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ...57

Forum » Thread

Stoic wraith
Ya might want to consider the stoic wraith. 2.5oz, well made, and on sale sometimes for $30! I'm 5'10, 160lbs, and the medium fits me perfect with enough room for an r1 hoody beneath it.

In GEAR » Four wind shirts to choose from. Help me pick...
May 24, 12:03am

Best smartphone for backcountry use
Some of the comments on my other thread about using a gps with built in camera inspired me to consider a smartphone instead. What's the best smart phone in regards to: Weight Offline gps c...

In GEAR » Best smartphone for backcountry use
May 23, 11:57pm

Do the Garmin gps units with cameras take video as well?
The idea of a GPS/camera is pretty appealing to me, but I love taking video as well. Does anyone know if any of the Garmins do this? (Oregon series?)

In GEAR » Do the Garmin gps units with cameras take video as well?
May 23, 3:32pm

Freezer bags at altitude
So, if I squish all the air out, and cram them in the bottom of a bear canister where there's no room to expand, do you think they will burst? I have a vacuum sealer, but then the bags won&#...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Freezer bags at altitude?
May 21, 1:48pm

Freezer bags at altitude?
In an effort to fit 10 days worth of food into my bear can, I've been planning to repackage all my mountain house in quart sized freezer bags, but it just occurred to me I live at sea level, an...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Freezer bags at altitude?
May 21, 9:52am

Black diamond storm
100 lumen spot light, or selectable 26 lumen floods. Bummer is that it weighs 4 oz and takes 4 aaa batts, so not quite ultralight.

In GEAR » Headlamp with a Long distance Beam????
May 20, 11:18pm

Thanks !
Alright it's decided. I'll stick with my trusty BD aluminum flick locks. Thanks guys!

In GEAR » Are carbon fiber trekking poles reliable?
May 17, 10:47pm

Carbon fiber poles
The first 3 sets I broke were all cheapo poles with shocks I got off eBay. Then I broke a pair of Rei ascents. Both within 100 feet of each other on the first trip! Yes I put tons of pressure ...

May 17, 10:26pm

Are carbon fiber trekking poles reliable?
I've been checking out the black diamond trekking pokes with cork handles and carbon fiber shafts and I'm thinking of pulling the trigger. Are carbon fiber poles as strong as the aluminu...

May 17, 6:57pm

No flavor issues
I actually use the wine preservation version of the platypus for that reason. Tastes great. I carefully ration it so I can enjoy a little every night :)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The "naughty" heavy luxury items that you just don't wanna leave behind!
May 17, 10:23am

All Reader Reviews by christopher smead

christopher smead has posted no reviews.