BPL Community Profile

christopher smead (hamsterfish) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale hamsterfish
About Me part hamster, part fish
http://youtu.be/w5TcasqkS1I
CitySan Jose
StateCA
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by christopher smead

Showing 341 - 350 of 594 | Page: 1 ...26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ...60

Forum » Thread

Well
I'm quite shamed to admit I went in with 47 lbs to start with 10 days of food and 2 liters of water. Yes I know, sooo dumb. I really regret it and I should have known better. It was my fi...

In Post-Trip Reports » 86 mile loop through Kings Canyon and Sequoia
July 10, 11:52pm

Rae
There are 2 sites with bear boxes in Vidette, but they are farther up, past the turnoff for Glen pass. The first is less than a mile past if you don't mind the slight detour. There's only...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Feedback wanted: Rae Lakes Loop
July 10, 2:56pm

One more thing
Rae lakes is packed with fish. You will have no issue there. But they are small trout. Most no bigger than 8" or so. Also you can't have fires at Rae lakes, so it might be good to be ...

July 10, 10:59am

Rae
Hi Goerge, You will not be disappointed. This is a beautiful loop. The mileage you have listed is very conservative. I think you may end up being ahead of schedule. I did this in 4 nights at ...

July 10, 10:54am

Instant Quinoa
Hey Bob, What king of instant quinoa are you bringing? I'm looking online and so far only finding quinoa flakes.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Suggestions for high calorie, low weight, lower carb meals
July 09, 4:37pm

North Rim
I did the North Rim 2 years ago in Sept. Yosemite falls was NOT dry at all. It was quite spectacular actually. But this year it may be different with the light snow.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Honeymoon on North Rim- Yosemite in September, water conditions?
July 09, 12:16pm

Little to no snow
Some mosquitos

In Pre-Trip Planning » SEKI....mosquitos and snow
July 04, 11:12am

86 mile loop through Kings Canyon and Sequoia
Started at roads end, up woods creek, south on JMT, then took junction trail down to Kern Canyon and up to colby pass, through clouds canyon, over avalanche pass, and back to roads end. Thought it...

In Post-Trip Reports » 86 mile loop through Kings Canyon and Sequoia
July 04, 1:38am

Fwiw
I used merrel Moab mids for years. No knee issues. I was determined to get away from boots, so I tried sportiva wildcats, montrail mountain masochists, and even merrell Moab lows, and I had horri...

In GEAR » Trailrunners cause knee problems?
July 03, 12:07am

Colby pass
Thanks Tom! Yes very good advice. I've actually been considering that exact route (back over forester and down bubbs) as contingency plan. If I move quick, I think I can get out in the same ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Colby Pass and Kern river crossing
June 18, 6:21pm

All Reader Reviews by christopher smead

christopher smead has posted no reviews.