BPL Community Profile

christopher smead (hamsterfish) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale hamsterfish
About Me part hamster, part fish
http://youtu.be/w5TcasqkS1I
CitySan Jose
StateCA
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by christopher smead

Showing 341 - 350 of 580 | Page: 1 ...26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ...58

Forum » Thread

Colby/kern crossing
Thanks Tom! Yes I will post pics and report when I get back :)

In Pre-Trip Planning » Colby Pass and Kern river crossing
June 16, 10:52pm

Seki reports
Great info. Thanks Jason! I'm heading out for 10 days starting next Friday so I'm getting excited. Starting at roads end, up woods creek, south on JMT over glen, forester, then west ove...

In Post-Trip Reports » Sequoia and Kings Canyon area conditions, please respond with reports
June 16, 1:56am

Colby pass
Im leaving Friday June 22nd

June 16, 1:52am

Depends
Really depends on how hard you are on your poles. I use mine heavily and put a ton of weight on them. I always seem to break the ones with shocks. I've broken expensive REI ascents, as well ...

In GEAR » Trekking Poles - get what you pay for or is a pole a pole?
June 15, 4:50pm

Stream crossing?
Thanks Jason! I remember there was a stream crossing somewhere on either woods creek, or the JMT near woods creek. Was that an issue on your trip? Any other things I should be aware of ? How...

In Post-Trip Reports » Sequoia and Kings Canyon area conditions, please respond with reports
June 15, 3:13am

Rae lakes is not too hard
The Rae lakes loop is really not too challenging, especially if you take 6 or 7 days to do it. (Only 7 miles per day on average) 12k feet at glen pass is high, but if you take your time to get th...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Where to take 20 year old daughter?
June 14, 7:08pm

Stinger waffles are amazing
Stinger waffles are my favorite. Also balance bar gold (the carmel/chocolate ones), And a new one I found is called simply coconut. It's made by balance as well, but the packaging looks diff...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Bars
June 14, 1:15am

Colby Pass and Kern river crossing
I asked this question in "post trip" reports, but then it occurred to me that "pre trip" is probably more appropriate. Todays update here http://www.nps.gov/seki/planyourvisi...

June 14, 1:00am

Colby Pass
Thanks guys, I've also been checking this daily http://www.nps.gov/seki/planyourvisit/trailcond.htm And today's update mentioned Colby pass is still under a serious amount of snow. Any...

June 14, 12:53am

Sequoia and Kings Canyon area conditions, please respond with reports
Hi everyone, Just thought I'd start this thread to check on conditions in SEKI. I know many people are setting out soon on the Rae lakes loop, JMT, and some of the PCT people are hitting the ...

June 13, 6:48pm

All Reader Reviews by christopher smead

christopher smead has posted no reviews.