BPL Community Profile

christopher smead (hamsterfish) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale hamsterfish
About Me part hamster, part fish
http://youtu.be/w5TcasqkS1I
CitySan Jose
StateCA
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by christopher smead

Showing 341 - 350 of 556 | Page: 1 ...26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ...56

Forum » Thread

Black diamond storm
100 lumen spot light, or selectable 26 lumen floods. Bummer is that it weighs 4 oz and takes 4 aaa batts, so not quite ultralight.

In GEAR » Headlamp with a Long distance Beam????
May 20, 11:18pm

Thanks !
Alright it's decided. I'll stick with my trusty BD aluminum flick locks. Thanks guys!

In GEAR » Are carbon fiber trekking poles reliable?
May 17, 10:47pm

Carbon fiber poles
The first 3 sets I broke were all cheapo poles with shocks I got off eBay. Then I broke a pair of Rei ascents. Both within 100 feet of each other on the first trip! Yes I put tons of pressure ...

May 17, 10:26pm

Are carbon fiber trekking poles reliable?
I've been checking out the black diamond trekking pokes with cork handles and carbon fiber shafts and I'm thinking of pulling the trigger. Are carbon fiber poles as strong as the aluminu...

May 17, 6:57pm

No flavor issues
I actually use the wine preservation version of the platypus for that reason. Tastes great. I carefully ration it so I can enjoy a little every night :)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The "naughty" heavy luxury items that you just don't wanna leave behind!
May 17, 10:23am

750 ML of Scotch
A full bottle of Balvenie Doublewood 12 year stored in a platypus. 2 lbs of heavy back breaking bliss. :)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The "naughty" heavy luxury items that you just don't wanna leave behind!
May 16, 5:46pm

shorts
I'm hoping for something somewhat modest. I don't want to scare other hikers with speedos or anything else form fitting. In Mike Clellands video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J...

In GEAR » Lightest swim trunks?
May 14, 1:33pm

Xlite positive reports?
I think we've all seen the threads mentioning concerns with the durability of the neoair xlite. So just to share the other side of the story, has anyone used the xlite on 4-5 trips and had p...

In GEAR » Xlite positive reports?
May 14, 1:27pm

Shorts
Yes agreed no speedo's. :) Daniel, how much do those shorts weigh?

May 13, 8:52pm

Lightest swim trunks?
After reading Mike McClellands book, I'm sold on the idea of using swim trunks as opposed to underwear. Any recommendations? Which ones are the lightest, breathable, etc.

May 13, 7:35pm

All Reader Reviews by christopher smead

christopher smead has posted no reviews.