BPL Community Profile

Jeremy Gustafson (gustafsj) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Minneapolis
About Me Grew up family car/boat camping and then Boundary Waters camping starting in my teen years and into upper 20s. Took up backpacking around 30 and in 2006 started having knee problems which quickly put me down the road to lightweight backpacking... the transition is still ongoing and obsessively addictive even though I have pretty much resolved my knee problems.
Cityminneapolis
Statemn
Countryusa
My Website URLhttp://treklightly.blogspot.com
My PDF Gear ListGear List - 3 day - Minus 20F

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeremy Gustafson

Showing 341 - 350 of 406 | Page: 1 ...22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

Forum » Thread

re: FS - Spring cleaning
PM on Contrail...

In Gear Swap » FS - Spring cleaning
March 04, 8:21am

Re: Re: pardon my ignorance
Wouldn't dehydrating the above recipes basically give you the same thing? Generally I find that with most energy bars I need to slosh some water around in my mouth to be able to swallow them a...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Pro-bar, Clif-bar like recipes needed
March 03, 12:54pm

RE: Howdy
Here's the article There are some more NOLS articles as well... just do a quick search for NOLS on this site. Isn't Mike Clelland a NOLS instructor? I know is BPL Staff as well and a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Howdy
March 03, 7:10am

WTB: Solo Tarptent and Thermawrap Vest
Planning a solo trip for Colorado in July and needing to revise a few things on my gear list. Looking for Solo Tarptent with bathtub floor and mosquito netting. I have 53" fixed hiking pol...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Solo Tarptent and Thermawrap Vest
March 02, 12:09pm

RE: Pro-bar, Clif-bar like recipes needed
Sarah, have you tried using olive oil or grapeseed oil instead of vegetable oil? I just think they would be a little "healthier" fats, but don't know how they would taste or ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Pro-bar, Clif-bar like recipes needed
March 02, 7:54am

re:BLP shelter message, for Ryan et al
John, What thread was that in? I'd be curious to go back and read the dialogue...

In GEAR » BLP shelter message, for Ryan et al
February 27, 3:30pm

RE: Tarptent Hogback
Hopefully with the double wall, he will make it so that you could also use it as a single wall. I'm sure he has thought of this... Best as I can tell with the Scarp 1, his other DW, the inter...

In GEAR » Tarptent Hogback
February 26, 11:34am

re: Tarptent Hogback
I thought you might be a beta tester Doug! I could tell you were holding back anytime the thread came up about the family tarptent!!! I am anxiously waiting for this... glad to hear the price ...

In GEAR » Tarptent Hogback
February 26, 10:00am

Re: Ray Way alternative
Gossamer Gear has instructions on how to make the original G4 on their website and that's free. Just thought you might want another option... Click here

In Make Your Own Gear » Has anybody made the Ray Way backpack?
February 25, 9:39pm

Re: Can you guess?
My vote is towards the north end of the SHT in late June, early July. It definitely looks like the trees typical of the SHT, all budded out, but not the dry look that they get towards the end of t...

In Photo Gallery » Can you guess?
February 25, 9:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeremy Gustafson

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Hardware Quark Rain Jacket
From REI Website: * The Quark is made from Incite™ printed nylon tricot with a Conduit™ waterproof, breathable 2.5-layer laminate * zWeld™ construction eliminates stitching and taping, which reduces...

In Clothing - Raingear
June 06, 10:45am