Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jeremy Gus (gustafsj) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Minneapolis
About Me Grew up family car/boat camping and then Boundary Waters camping starting in my teen years and into upper 20s. Took up backpacking around 30 and in 2006 started having knee problems which quickly put me down the road to lightweight backpacking... the transition is still ongoing and obsessively addictive even though I have pretty much resolved my knee problems.
My Website URL
My PDF Gear ListGear List - 3 day - Minus 20F

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeremy Gus

Showing 341 - 350 of 494 | Page: 1 ...26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ...50

Forum » Thread

Gorilla vs ULA Ohm
I would also like to know why the Ohm was not included in the comparisons as an equivalent size pack with internal frame and yet lighter yet... Anybody have any thoughts since this wasn't incl...

In Editor's Roundtable » Gossamer Gear Gorilla Backpack Review
October 14, 12:02pm

re: Duluth Packs Bushcrafter
I can't speak for this particular pack, but I can say that the Duluth Pack quality can't be beat. I grew up going to the Boundary Water Wilderness and have been in and around the wildernes...

In GEAR » Duluth Packs Bushcrafter
September 28, 3:35pm

RE: TT Sublite & FireLite 550 with Caldera Cone
Traded the Sublite for a Squall 1 which will be perfect for my son and I. Dropped the price on the Firelite and cone.

In Gear Swap » TT Sublite & FireLite 550 with Caldera Cone
September 25, 8:23am

re: TT Sublite
I also have a rainshadow 2 and use my 53" hiking poles for it as well as for when I set up the sublite. The ideal length hiking pole for the sublite is 53", so I am right on with the len...

September 24, 11:02am

re: mora
Wow! Lot's of opinions on this!! In addition to using a wood stove, I definitely like to have my fires in the fire pits provided in the areas that I like to hike in... so this has been helpf...

In GEAR » Wood Stoves and Knives
September 24, 9:24am

Wood Stoves and Knives
I know that this topic has bounced around in various threads about knives, but I am looking for a little more detailed feedback from those of you that regularly use wood stoves. Using a wood sto...

In GEAR » Wood Stoves and Knives
September 23, 2:59pm

re: BPL Seconds and Closet Cleaning
Beanie sold and price drop on remaining items

In Gear Swap » BPL Seconds and Closet Cleaning
September 23, 12:59pm

re: Socks/Mittens/Pot holder
From my experience, I would highly recommend going with 100% wool. Any other fabric mixed in there does not do well with fire. I would also recommend separating your mittens/Pot Holder from your ...

In Multiple Use Gear » Socks/Mittens/Pot holder
September 23, 10:01am

TT Sublite & FireLite 550 with Caldera Cone
I bought the Sublite (Tyvek Version) from another member who bought it new, seam-sealed it and never used it. I was hoping to fit both my toddler and I in it, but it is just a bit too small. I on...

September 23, 8:26am

RE: Wool Gloves
I have a pair of army green 100% wool gloves that I'd be willing to ship off to you for $7. However they are almost 3 oz, so I don't know if that meets your requirements. I bought them fo...

In Gear Swap » WTB: BPL Thorofare Pants (Med), Cuben Stuff Sacks, Wool Gloves
September 23, 7:44am

All Reader Reviews by Jeremy Gus

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Mountain Hardware Quark Rain Jacket
From REI Website: * The Quark is made from Incite™ printed nylon tricot with a Conduit™ waterproof, breathable 2.5-layer laminate * zWeld™ construction eliminates stitching and taping, which reduces...

In Clothing - Raingear
June 06, 10:45am