BPL Community Profile

David Goodyear (dmgoody) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale mid-west
About Me David Goodyear has not added a biography yet.
StateMIchigan
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Goodyear

Showing 341 - 350 of 399 | Page: 1 ...21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Forum » Thread

taping seams
Hello MYOGs, I need some help in sources and techniques for taping the seams of some over-mitts I bought on e-bay. Thanks, Dave

In Make Your Own Gear » taping seams
August 19, 11:01am

bump
any offers ?

In Gear Swap » FS Uber-lite Insul Mat
July 20, 5:56am

Full Tang or Folding ??
Is a folding blade really a help in an emergency situation in the woods? All of the stress is focused on one pivot point. Most Bushmen prefer a full tang- fixed- high carbon steel blade in a sheath...

In GEAR » UL pocketknife - what blade do you carry?
July 10, 5:48am

FS Uber-lite Insul Mat
I tried it for one - 7 day trip. I still love my BA air core. I'll have to cut weight elsewhere. Retail `$60 I'm asking $25 http://www.pacoutdoor.com/2008/index.cfm?action=product&am...

In Gear Swap » FS Uber-lite Insul Mat
July 08, 8:51am

thanks
Thanks for link Ben, I re-read your original post. Answered my questions. Looks like for weight - gravity and chlorine dioxide is the ticket - if I am solo. If I am in a group - UV or a punp may...

In GEAR » Aquamira Frontier Pro Filter.
July 06, 4:30pm

more questions
Help, I am new to gravity filtering. Should the dirty bag be open to the air as to not cause a vacuum that would slow down the filtration rate? Since the pore size is large compared to other f...

In GEAR » Aquamira Frontier Pro Filter.
July 06, 5:27am

you are doing it again
Craig, I really don't want to go back and forth over this. I answered your question and proposed and answer and you have validated it twice now. You - by giving us this information on the...

In Chaff » Does anyone actually think that industrial civilization is sustainable?
July 05, 5:24am

Thanks for proving my point
Sorry I missed the fun - I had to create wealth today. Craig - thanks for proving my point. You are using market forces, not bigger gov't to affect change. i.e.: not buying Kimberly Clark pr...

In Chaff » Does anyone actually think that industrial civilization is sustainable?
July 04, 5:37pm

simple answer - YES
I know this will be an unpopular view on this forum, but capitalistic market driven forces without governmental intervention will solve most problems. Pick a problem - the market can answer it....

July 04, 6:23am

Expectatons
I adjust my expectations based on what type of store I am going into. If it is a lowest price discount store, they probably don’t have the experienced help that a specialty store has. I have alre...

In GEAR » When to divorce your gear dealer...
June 30, 10:13am

All Reader Reviews by David Goodyear

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

caldera cone w gram cracker esbit stove snow peak solo
Just returned from a 4 day bushwhacking trip. This setup achieved 2 near boils (small bubbles) per esbit tab. Morning and night temps in the mid 30's - water taken from cold creeks. I allotted 4 t...

In Stoves - Other
October 08, 7:52am

Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1
I bought this tent before becoming a member of this site. When I read the review of the SL-1, I was worried about its stability and durability. I am not a tarp camper so the seedhouse seemed to be the...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 12, 7:22am